Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does it seem unusual to already have 7.6cc's in a 10cc band after 2 fills?

My doc is pretty aggressive, or at least he said my fills have been aggressive. I had my first fill 1 month after surgery and he put in 5.6cc, then I went today after 3 weeks of starving and he put in another 1cc. he said my 10cc band had a "prime" in it at surgery of 1cc, so that would make a total of 7.6cc. Will the fills be incrementally smaller from now on? I'm concerned that I only technically have room for 2.4cc before I'm totally filled. has anyone else experienced an aggressive fill dr like mine? Please help!!

My doc is pretty aggressive, or at least he said my fills have been aggressive. I had my first fill 1 month after surgery and he put in 5.6cc, then I went today after 3 weeks of starving and he put in another 1cc. he said my 10cc band had a "prime" in it at surgery of 1cc, so that would make a total of 7.6cc. Will the fills be incrementally smaller from now on? I'm concerned that I only technically have room for 2.4cc before I'm totally filled. has anyone else experienced an aggressive fill dr like mine? Please help!!

If you're not having problems & are losing weight does it really matter? I would rather have restriction faster than the rate I have had since I'm 6.7cc in a 10cc & I can't remember how many it has taken to get to this point & I'm going for another in a few days. It has taken me too long to lose such a small amt. that I'm ready to be filled full!

I wish my Dr were more aggressive. Im on my 3rd fill and Im only at a sad 2.25cc! Im aways hungry but I cant seen to get my Dr to fill my band. I see you are in TX, who is your Dr.?

It seems that the doctors who put in the ALLERGAN/INAME band fill at a slower pace than those of the REALIZE. I bet LoadsofLaughs has the Allergan band while Losing_it_in_Texas has the Realize.

It seems that the doctors who put in the ALLERGAN/INAME band fill at a slower pace than those of the REALIZE. I bet LoadsofLaughs has the Allergan band while Losing_it_in_Texas has the Realize.

I have the Allergan 10cc band....i just think I have an agressive doctor, or maybe he is just filling it up quicker so he'll have to see me less....LOL

I wish my Dr were more aggressive. Im on my 3rd fill and Im only at a sad 2.25cc! Im aways hungry but I cant seen to get my Dr to fill my band. I see you are in TX, who is your Dr.?

Loads- my doctor is Mark Sherrod of Southwest Bariatrics in Austin.

That is rather aggressive, in my opinion. I have a 10 cc band and just had my fourth fill bringing me to 5.5 cc's. I've struggled with my weight loss even with the Lap Band, so this visit he actually prescribed me an appetite suppresant as well. This is the first time I've gone home after a fill and can actually feel full after I eat. I think this pill is really helping me...either that or I found my sweet spot finally.

I shouldn't complain too much about my slow weight loss though because I have never been sick or had food get caught or anything. Plus, I have been able to lose weight, but still live life. I haven't eliminated my favorite foods just because of the band...I just eat smaller portions of those foods and indulge less often.

I have had 3 fills, plus the 4cc put in during surgery, and am now at 9.5cc in a 10cc band. First fill 4cc at 5 weeks post surgery, second fill 1cc 5 weeks later, then .5cc 5 weeks or so after that. I have my next appointment in 2 days and I will need another fill probably bringing me to 10cc. My doc keeps telling me that there is still plenty of room for additional fills and that smaller and smaller fills will make a big difference from here on out. I hope so.

I just had my 2nd fill yesterday and begged my doc for the max. I was at 4.4cc on my first fill and he gave me 3 more. So I'm at 7.4cc. I was getting really frustrated. Three months after my surgery and I lost 15 pounds but gaiback 5. I was feeling little to no restriction after the first fill. So here I sit, hoping it's the 'sweet spot'. I guess that's what everybody's calling it.

I think it just depends on the doctor. I had my surgery on 8/29, had my first fill on 9/29 for a total of 4.5cc's then on 10/22 I had another fill of 1cc total 5.5 cc's and then i had another fill on 11/19 for .75cc's grand total today= 6.25 cc's in a 10cc band. I will say with this fill this time I feel a lot more restriction. I few bites and I am full pretty much. I am losing at a "good pace" so they say so they are hesitant to give fills when you are already losing the correct amount of weight monthly. Since my last visit I have lost 9lbs (really 12 because I gained 3 back after a bad week) so they say really the target per month is 6-8 any over is good. But I bargained with her and she gave me a fill of only .75 cc's.

8/29/08 - Starting surgery weight - 335

11/21/08 - current weight - 300

Havent started working out yet :w00t: but I plan to incorporate that part starting Monday for sure!!! To get this ball moving a little bit faster!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool: