Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2009 - New York City Banded Together-Lapband Talk National Event

Are you coming to "NYC" for the National LAP-BAND Conference?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you coming to "NYC" for the National LAP-BAND Conference?

Unfortunately, I may no longer have a lapband by the conference date! I'm having issues with reflux big time and I may need to have revision surgery - possibly to the sleeve. BUT - if I end up not having revision surgery (I'll know in 3-4 weeks) I will definitely attend either in NYC or NJ - doesn't matter to me.

Debbie Joy

Wow, so it's like the Magical LapBandTalk Tour

Roll up GOT EVERYTHING YOU NEED,

roll up for the mystery tour.

Roll up SATISFACTION GUARANTEED,

roll up for the mystery tour.

The magical mystery tour is hoping to take you away, Hoping to take you away....

Great cities:

San Fransisco

Seattle

Vancouver

Denver

Chicago

Austin

New Orleans

St. Augustine, Florida is divine for a small conference but Orlando is the obvious choice

Boston

Vegas and

How cool would it be to do a cruise!! It's completely doable. Got a friend who does education cruises through ____ ___ cruiselines. It was the best experience.

Is it possible once we get presenters to obtain workshop topics and outlines, I can receive CEU's for my job as "independent studies" if I have the info 45 days prior and submit the paperwork!!!

I'm so excited about this. I love to travel and the band has become such a big part of my life.

Wow.

Unfortunately, I may no longer have a lapband by the conference date! I'm having issues with reflux big time and I may need to have revision surgery - possibly to the sleeve. BUT - if I end up not having revision surgery (I'll know in 3-4 weeks) I will definitely attend either in NYC or NJ - doesn't matter to me.

Debbie Joy

Debbie Joy I wish you all the best.

I had nasty reflux years ago but it was from my obesity and the foods I use to eat. It can be so painful. I was down to not touching anything remotely acid in content even juice. Fortunately I did six months of RX and it fiinally remedied. You have a big hug from me for wellness.

I would love to attend a Conference in NYC or in NJ. I live in Northern, NJ so the cost of a hotel is irrelevant, as I could commute. Please count me in and keep me posted.

Hey OH Juli,

We missed you in TX hopefully you will make the NYC event.

The dates for the event are 03/27-03/29

I finish my master's degree that week. You bet your butt I'll be there.

I'm going to drag my LBT posse with me too, to celebrate! :thumbup:

Hi:

I have been gaining weight back, even though I'm walking 5 ays a week. I started Detox diet, and have started to loose again.

I will be seeing my Dr.Joseph Ramirez-Kubicek in Florida next month. I had surgery on October 9, 2007 and had lost almost 100 pounds. I sill want to loose 30 more. He did one adjustment on January, so this will be my second.

I need all the support I can get. I would really love to go to the conference. Please let me know all the details so I can make arrangements and go.

Sincerely, Frances Isabel:smile:

Patti,

Thanks for the kind words! I've had a small hiatal hernia for many many years and I've suffered from acid reflux for even more years. I've been on the purple pill for over 15 years - first prilosec, then nexium. I thought the weight loss would resolve that issue along with all the other issues I had (high blood pressure, high cholesterol, sleep apnea). All the other issues are gone, but the reflux actually got worse. When my surgeon place the lapband on, the hiatal hernia was so small he actually couldn't find it to repair it. Now, after two years of having the band on, it apparently has irritated it to the point where I regurgitate alot, especially during the night while I'm sleeping - it's scary! It needs to be repaired, but the band has to be removed to do that. I've had other lap surgeries (gallbladder removal for one) so scar tissue will come into play and more than likely the band won't be able to be placed back on so my surgeon is working on getting my insurance company to approve the Vertical Sleeve. If approved, I'll go for it - if not, then I'll try to find a way to live with the reflux issue because I don't want my band removed!!

i would definitely be interesting in attending. i have relatives in NJ who would love to have me visit...so i'll just sit back and wait for the details to come out.