Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Small tupperware containers?

Would it be useful to get the tiny half-cup size tupperware/rubbermaid containers, if that's all I'll be able to eat? Do you ever divide up food into half-cup portions and freeze them?

Yes! You can get the rubbermaid brand at Walmart. They are a perfect size. I feel like I am wasting a lot of food. I try to take the leftovers in my lunch but I always have leftovers.

I bought 1/4 cup and 1/2 cup tupperware before I was banded. I have used them quite a bit. I would suggest getting the 1/2 cup ones only, because after two weeks post op I rarely use the 1/4.

I like to use the small containers because I take my lunch to work. If I put a tiny bit of food in a larger container, it looks so pitiful and I feel deprived and want more. Haven't used them to freeze things tho. Leftovers get eaten up pretty fast at our place.

I use the small glad-ware containers-- I think the call them snack size. When I cook dinner I weigh my leftovers out into those containers in 4oz portions of Protein and veggies to take to work for lunch or for dinner the next night. 4oz fits in perfect and they are filled up so it seems like alot. Really helps me keep on track with portions etc. And makes life easier too!

For those of you that are using the little 1/2c size containers, how many do you go through in a day?

That amount of food doesn't seem like much at all, so how are you getting enough of what you actually need?

I too use the rubbermaid 1/2 cup containers.

They help take the guess work out of how much I should be eating.

I take my Breakfast and lunch to work so I use two a day.

I purchased 2 packages which contains 4 containers each.

I think they were @2.50 per package.

Hi...I use the 4 oz. Ball quilted jelly jars (bought at Walmart for about $4.00/dozen....in the canning section). Use in freezer or microwave. MarilynC

For those of you that are using the little 1/2c size containers, how many do you go through in a day?

That amount of food doesn't seem like much at all, so how are you getting enough of what you actually need?

Yes, bandsters don't get to eat as much. Hence the reason it's recommended (to the broad majority) to eat Protein and veggies first and then move onto other stuff if there's still room. It was also recommended by my surgeon's office to always take a multi-Vitamin and Calcium supplement. In addition, if I don't get enough calories in a day, I toss in a Protein shake.

I have bought differnet sizes from Walmart, both Glad and rubbermaid. So I have quite a few. I use them soooo much. I like freezing taco meat, Soups, chili ect. I used them alot at the begining with making mushies,, egg salad, instant mashed potatoes.. ect. I could make it ahead and use the amount I needed.