Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am scared and nervous I guess this is normal.. My surgery is SCHEDULED for NOVEMBER 12th and I am starting to get cold feet.... I have started my pre-op diet and it has been hard....I have made it so far, I guess what I am curious about is the diet afterwards...I guess I need to hear some good encouragement.....:(

I am scared to....my surgery is Monday the 10th. I have a detailed diet for afterwards but I am getting nervous.

Hang in there both of you. It is a scary decision to make and life will be changing dramatically for you. However, it WILL be for the better! It's been almost a year for me, and I just can't believe how different my life is and how much more I am enjoying it. I knew that I would feel more healthy and more confident when I lost weight, but I had no idea that it would feel THIS good.

Whatever the ups and downs are for you over the next several months, keep your eye on the end goal and stick to your plans! It IS worth it!

Dont worry both of you... I got banded on 9/23/08 and I had major cold feet where I almost did not go in on my surgery day. Just sit back and see what it can do for you in the long run. In just 6 weeks I have lost about 40lbs and my back and knee pain are gone. The recovery can be a bumpy road but if you just take it easy and take your time when you eat you will have an easier time. Follow your diet... I know the pre-diet can be hard especially when you are used to eating at a normal pace but its best to just keep thinking of your goal and just stick with it. The diet afterwards is super easy in my mind as long as you dont go out to eat all the time. Eat small bites and take your time.

Also... stick to this rule.... DON'T RUSH.... if you rush this will start to fall apart.

Congratulations on your decision to have lap-band. It will be the best decision you have ever made. You have so much to look forward to. I had surgery 1-08 and have lost 63 lbs so far. I still have 38 to go. It is not easy however it is the easiest way I have ever lost weight. I have to committ myself everyday that I needed to change my lifestyle. I do the eliptical an hour 5 days a week and keep a journal and of everything I eat. I plan the day before and do the math and just eat 1000 cals a day. I am hungry but I feel so good about myself that it doesn't really matter. I was told by a neighbor that I was looking gorgeous....me the fat girl looking gorgeous??? I am sooo much happier I can not even tell you. You must committ and do whatever it take to be successful. The band cannot do it alone. I wish you the best of luck in your journey and before you know it people will be telling you how gorgeous you look. Just keep your eye on the prize.