Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone notice this?

Just wondering if anyone has this problem. I do Water aerobics 3 times a week and at least 3 of the other days I walk 2 miles a day. I seem to be having trouble losing my belly. Is it because of the port? When I lost weight the thousand times before, I didn't have as much trouble with losing my fat belly. At least it would shrink some.

Jazie

*groanz* don't tell me that. In the past, the belly has always been the thing to go last, it just never wants to leave - and now it has even more reason to stick around???

Maybe it is just me, I just want it GONE too fast. I had the lapband on July 1 2008 lost 44lbs so far. I am too impatient i guess.

jazie

No, its nothing to do with your port, its just to do with your build and where you carry your weight. And the older you get, the harder belly fat is to shift, younger women often struggle with their lower halves especially if you're pear shaped like me and have never had a real belly. But once we hit menopause and middle age, the belly fat arrives!

It will go eventually. But I guess like how I feel about my backside, to get your belly the size you want, you may have to have REALLY skinny arms and legs. I'm deciding whether I want a small bum or a skeleton face.

They say that hard cardio is the only way to lose belly fat.

I wish we could choose where the fat comes off from but we cant. It doesn't have anything to do with the port.

Ya I am losing in my legs, arms and torso...but my belly is shrinking not as fast as I would like now it's just a disgusting "thing" hanging down with fat and skin. Hoping it will tighten up a bit with exercise. Otherwise I will be wearing "Spanx" for life LOL

My bottom half is two sizes smaller than my top half now. size 14 pants and 16-18 tops.

Yeah, my legs and arms are getting really toned and thin. I now have a jaw line and neck, but the belly...still here. As a matter of fact my pants are sagging everywhere...waist, booty and legs, but I can't go down to the next size because of my lower abdomen. It's driving me nuts. If I squish the belly fat in or to the side I'm amazed at how petite I am without it. It's going away, but a lot slower than anything else. I'm running again so it's starting to diminish at a slightly faster pace than snail pace. Good luck!!

Remember, a lot of that is going to be excess skin. Tummy tucks seem to be very popular after a large weight loss. My upper tummy is going down nicely, but my lower abdomen is hanging. Unsightly, but one of the negatives of being obese and losing a lot of weight.

I agree with Jachut, it all depends on where you carry it.

You lose fat uniformly from your fat cells, but all of us have different accumulations of fat cells in different areas. I had a high percentage in my but and thighs, so I was looking thin and perfect up top, but downstairs was a different thing. I will always be heavier in those areas than others.

It really surprises me that there are so many creams or exercise equipment that are supposed to make you lose in a specific spot. You can certainly firm up, but there is nothing you can do to shift where the fat cells are physically located (barring liposuction or a tuck). If you lose all over, than the desired areas are also going to be smaller.

I watched Dr. Oz on Oprah and well he said nothing can reduce the "celulite" it's something that happens when we get older. It's fat cells that blow up and cause the skin to pucker. They won't go away no matter what you do or try.

I have been told that from loseing and gaining so many times over the years that the skin doesn't go back after awhile and age has a lot to do with it. I have the same problem I need surgery.

Hey Jazie, don't worry, I think it will go away. I had my surgery the same day you did and have lost 49lbs and wonder about my stomach too! I know its hard not to wonder. I guessing patience is key. Congrats on your success!

They say that hard cardio is the only way to lose belly fat.

Not necessarily.

I have done some exercises which really work the abdominal cavity. Lay on the floor with legs straight up (if you can) and do crunches where you rais your arms up and try to touch your toes. Or even use a medicine ball (heavy, dense ball used for exercising) to add some weight to your lift. That is one good tool for working the abs that don't typically get worked out via conventional exercises.