Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, I am new to this and thought I should share as well. I have read many stories and am glad they are there. I am going to keep this short cause i have to go to work today. I am 285 lbs. 27 years old july 18 and have decided to have the lap band surgery done in monerrey mexico. by dr rumbaut. I would love to hear anyones commints and would gladly appreiciate them. surgery date is august 9, 2005. i am also a self-pay and could not find any docs to do it for a cheap as mexico. I do have a doc here near me..whoo hooo..that will do the fills from mexico with no problems and they even told me what i need to make sure i have when i leave there.

kissimmee, florida

Cool congrats:) Seem like you have all your bases covered.. Good for you!

Good Luck, Hope everything goes smoothly.

Hi,

Cong. on your surgery date. I will be in Monterrey with you. I am having my surgery on Monday Aug. 8, hope to meet you while were there.

Good luck, Kittykat! We started at about the same weight, but you have the advantage in age! Write when you get back! Cindy

I wish you all the best of luck on your trip. I am going to Mexico to have the surgery as I too am self pay. Who are you going to for the surgery?

Just curious -- how much is the surgery in Mexico? I'm self-pay as well, but had just planned to do it here. Is it a lot cheaper in Mexico? You can PM me if you don't want to post the cost publicly. ;)

Well it is just around the corner for me...and hope to see you there as well nickie!! I am ariving on sunday night 8 something so maybe i will see ya..are you bringing anyone with you?? spanish speaking?? lol...i was but my sis in law had her baby too late, we were hoping she would have the baby early..so i just decided to bring my mom..she will take good care of me. I am going to Dr. Rumbaut, psichikel . And if i wanted to deal with all the things the American doctors want you to go through i might have stayed here and had it done, for only 12,500 but i had been looking for a year on how i was going to get this surgery done, so i bought a house that was way under priced, had my stepfather go in on it with me and had him fix the roof and tile the inside, change all the kitchen appliances and we got 60,000 out of it..so we invested in another house and i came out with 12,000 to spend i started looking online and found mexico some were for like 9,000 and the one i picked is 10,600 and thought ..ummm??? well i looked into it more and called a lot of places, here and there. And then the hardest thing of all..i picked one...and i picked Dr. Rumbaut. For whatever reasons...I thought the best. When I was looking for places for fills that was hard, they just dont want to deal with other dr's work, especially from mexico. just because they are cheaper and then they dont get the money for the actuall procedure to be done by them. But I found one, and hopefully they are still there for me after the procedure, they did tell me they were thinking that they will not take people that have had it done anywhere else. And i will have to pay 1,000 to join there group..( that is for the first fill and there group) .lol..but whatever it takes to go to a doctor that is only 20 min away....but they did tell me they have worked on Dr. Rumbauts patience before and he is a good doctor. But by that time i had already picked him and arranged the money for him

I guess i am a lil impaticent, I didnt want to spend 2 months trying with an american doctor telling me I gotta do this and do that and spend more money on this test and that test, I have been through that a year ago when I was looking in on it with a friend she had the rny and is now a size 0 but with complications...but looking gooodd. And says she would do it over and over and over again..but not wait as long as she did. So when the option to have it done in Mexico was there i was all over it. I have told a lot of people at work and they are all very nice about it..they do have there opinion about mexico, but I also told them they have to research a lot..which i have done, and you cant make a desicion with out doing that. have faith in what i have picked. I have had one person that has made it a lil hard, but she is always a negative person and i try to influencer her to be positive, but never works...she has turned agaist me since she came back to work for me and now, this is giving her lots to talk about!! I hear everything she says it comes back to me. I let it go thinking..well keep your friends close, and keep your enemies even closer!!! there is a lot of history with her and I. I have lost her as a good friend but really it is her loss not mine, I have plenty more friends then i can handle.

Sorry for long posts but it feels good to type out what i am feeling and someone will comint on it in a possitive way..you know..i love this group already!!!

best of luck with your lapband!!!!

hope it all goes well for you

keep us updated

take care......fee