Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are the banded Notorious Novembers???

Denny - you have done an AMAZING job...I'm only down 37 since starting - you've gotten TRIPLE the results that I have! Way to go!

You inspire me - now I think I'll reset my goals and get my butt in gear! :thumbsup:

YEAH, what she said! You inspire me just like you inspire Ebony Rose. I've been a real slack arse lately. Haven't done much of anything except for maintain the loss that I had in the first several months. I have a raging sweet tooth. Haven't been following the rules. Haven't checked in here. I need to get my butt back in gear, too. Thanks for giving me hope!

YEAH, what she said! You inspire me just like you inspire Ebony Rose. I've been a real slack arse lately. Haven't done much of anything except for maintain the loss that I had in the first several months. I have a raging sweet tooth. Haven't been following the rules. Haven't checked in here. I need to get my butt back in gear, too. Thanks for giving me hope!

I understand your frustration and wish you the best of luck!! Good to see you recognize what has beenstopping yourself:smile2: However HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am an active person and my eating habits are fine. I consume about 1000 to 1100 calories a day and I have actually ran on my treadmill which is something I have NEVER done but the stupid scale doesnt move.:thumbsup: Any suggestions?

I understand your frustration and wish you the best of luck!! Good to see you recognize what has beenstopping yourself:smile2: However HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am an active person and my eating habits are fine. I consume about 1000 to 1100 calories a day and I have actually ran on my treadmill which is something I have NEVER done but the stupid scale doesnt move.:thumbsup: Any suggestions?

Mljalways - could you be eating TOO LITTLE? I know that's a weird concept for us, but...:grouphug:

How many calories are you burning with activity / exercise? I've read elsewhere on the site that if you are burning about as much (or more) than you are eating, you can put your body into "famine mode" and it will hang on for dear life to every single calorie.

If you don't have access to some kind of monitor (I use my Bodybugg to keep track of calorie burn and food intake), then try increasing your calories a bit (maybe 250 calories) for a few days, keep your activity level the same, and see what happens...

You can also check with your doctor or nutritionist - and since I'm definately NOT a doctor, that might be a good first step. Do you log your food intake? Maybe going over that with a nutritionist would help figure out what's going on...

Good luck - I bet that's really frustrating! Hang in there! :thumbup:

Edited by EbonyRose
spelling error

Mljalways - could you be eating TOO LITTLE? I know that's a weird concept for us, but...:thumbsup:

How many calories are you burning with activity / exercise? I've read elsewhere on the site that if you are burning about as much (or more) than you are eating, you can put your body into "famine mode" and it will hang on for dear life to every single calorie.

If you don't have access to some kind of monitor (I use my Bodybugg to keep track of calorie burn and food intake), then try increasing your calories a bit (maybe 250 calories) for a few days, keep your activity level the same, and see what happens...

You can also check with your doctor or nutritionist - and since I'm definately NOT a doctor, that might be a good first step. Do you log your food intake? Maybe going over that with a nutritionist would help figure out what's going on...

Good luck - I bet that's really frustrating! Hang in there! :grouphug:

I do log my food intake and I am sure it doesnt help that I take diabetes medicine that clearly states it causes weight gain. It is just frustrating that when you fix one thing another pops up. I cant possibly eat anymore than I already do. Thanks for letting me vent:tt2:

I do log my food intake and I am sure it doesnt help that I take diabetes medicine that clearly states it causes weight gain. It is just frustrating that when you fix one thing another pops up. I cant possibly eat anymore than I already do. Thanks for letting me vent:tt2:

I definately feel your pain on that one...I am on diabetes meds as well, plus Lantus long-acting insulin, which was NOT helping either...I recently dropped my Lantus dose (with ok from my doc) from 12 units down to 6 and I feel certain that's what helped me to lose 11 pounds last month...

It's a slower road, but one we have to take. Maybe they can adjust your dosage? Switch you to a different medicine?

I hope it resolves soon...:thumbsup:

Unless you are huge in the bust area, you should go with a size 14 I think. Oct is quite a ways off and you will lose a lot more by then. I have been a bit frustrated with buying clothes and having them get too big (especially jeans). It seems like every 10 - 15 pounds drops another size. Also, I did read that formal dresses can be made a bit larger if needed, but I bet you might be a 12 by Oct.

Well, I went with the 14, fingers crossed, but I think I can do it. I actually like your train of thought with the whole size 12 thing:biggrin:. I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing, trying to make consistent good food choices and keep working out!!! Thanks!

It is really nice. what color will you be wearing? I thought you said before that you were a size 18 now. If you are a 16 now, you certainly want to get a smaller size.

i am wearing 18's now, but they technically are to big. its just sometimes i can't wrap my head around this weight loss. its GREAT and I LOVE it, but it almost like i am waiting for the bottom to fall and something happen (like i'll wake and all the weight will have come back) My size 18 is in reference to pants, and if you know LANE BRYANT, they put alot of stretch in there clothes and bridal gowns are sized differently. ive just been so big for so long that its hard to believe that the weight is finally coming off.

Edited by ddgalarza

Well, I went with the 14, fingers crossed, but I think I can do it. I actually like your train of thought with the whole size 12 thing:biggrin:. I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing, trying to make consistent good food choices and keep working out!!! Thanks!

I think you made a good choice and it probably will be a bit big! And......now you have even more incentive!!!

I think you are in a really good place and you'll be just fine! I once had someone give me a wonderful wish: they said to me that they hoped I lost so much weight after being banded that I gave myself a wardrobe problem, because nothing fit anymore! :frown: I'm kinda getting there now, and ain't it great!

i am wearing 18's now, but they technically are to big. its just sometimes i can't wrap my head around this weight loss. its GREAT and I LOVE it, but it almost like i am waiting for the bottom to fall and something happen (like i'll wake and all the weight will have come back)

You're doing so well, that simply ISN'T going to happen...you are strong and you can do this!

My size 18 is in reference to pants, and if you know LANE BRYANT, they put alot of stretch in there clothes and bridal gowns are sized differently. ive just been so big for so long that its hard to believe that the weight is finally coming off.

I shop at Lane Bryant as well, and I'm right there with ya, sis! 18's are getting looser, and the fabrics with stretch are my favorites...I can't wait until I can fit into a 16 without stretch, and then I'll really celebrate! I think you'll be fine with the dress, and if all else fails - it'll just be a bit loose.

Isn't it wonderful to know that you won't have to worry about GAINING out of your dress, but LOSING out of your dress? :thumbup:

Edited by EbonyRose
spelling error

I had a gastroscope today. I didnt see my surgeon. He wrote down that there was no erosion, no pouch seen, and band is located near esophagus. I assume this means slippage or something since the whole point of the band is to have the small pouch. I have to get a barium swallow next week and then I go back to see him. I want it fixed to stop throwing up.

Update....had my 5th post op visit this week and couldn't be happier with my weight loss this far. BUT...why is there ALWAYS a but? So for the past 2 weeks I have been having heartburn/reflux. Sometimes with discomfort, sometimes without. Sometimes it's just noise (embarassing noises that permeate from my chest). So of course I had tell my doctor...and of course she immediately went to "you must be to tight" So the battle insued. I knew she was going to want to do an unfill so I came ready. I knew an unfill would mean a set back and maybe even a weight gain, because without the band I have a veracious appetite. So we compromissed and she only took out .15 with the stipulation that we...that I monitor this heartburn/reflux. I must say that even that tiny unfill put me in a full on panic. But I am happy to report that the heartburn/reflux is significantly less AND my portions are still managable. But I get hungrier quicker....We'll see what happens and I'll keep you posted!

I haven't posted here in a while, but wanted to update my fellow Notrious-es! lol

I'm down 58 pounds and got my pre-op measurements from my doc's office today (got my 6th fill), and though they only measured neck, chest, waist, hips, both thighs, and both arms (whereas I include a few more areas based on a chart I have), I am down nearly 4.5 FEET of flesh! I've lost 53.25 inches, to be exact. In 10 pounds I will simply be obese on the BMI scale. I started at 290.6 and am now at 233.

I have a huge goal in mind, but I'm going to try really hard to get to 200 by my 44th birthday on July 22. That gives me 71 days (including today, I think) to get there. That means I will have to lose about 14 pounds each month plus the little bit extra for the remaining 11 days.

I know it may be a stretch, but it is a goal nonetheless. I had a whooptie weekend where anything went, but that is over. Let's see how it goes, shall we? :thumbup:

Update....had my 5th post op visit this week and couldn't be happier with my weight loss this far. BUT...why is there ALWAYS a but? So for the past 2 weeks I have been having heartburn/reflux. Sometimes with discomfort, sometimes without. Sometimes it's just noise (embarassing noises that permeate from my chest). So of course I had tell my doctor...and of course she immediately went to "you must be to tight" So the battle insued. I knew she was going to want to do an unfill so I came ready. I knew an unfill would mean a set back and maybe even a weight gain, because without the band I have a veracious appetite. So we compromissed and she only took out .15 with the stipulation that we...that I monitor this heartburn/reflux. I must say that even that tiny unfill put me in a full on panic. But I am happy to report that the heartburn/reflux is significantly less AND my portions are still managable. But I get hungrier quicker....We'll see what happens and I'll keep you posted!

Just make sure you try to fill up on foods that stay with you for a while and maybe you will feel more in control or less hungry between meals. I know there is a list of some really good stuff somewhere, but exactly what escapes me right now, sorry.

I had a gastroscope today. I didnt see my surgeon. He wrote down that there was no erosion, no pouch seen, and band is located near esophagus. I assume this means slippage or something since the whole point of the band is to have the small pouch. I have to get a barium swallow next week and then I go back to see him. I want it fixed to stop throwing up.

Let us know what your surgeon says. I'm glad you had it done. I just hope it's easily remedied.

Mom2two,

What happened to make your band slip?(if you know)Wow I'm sorry your having to go thru all this.I saw you had to have a port revision too,man that is tough! Hang in there I hope everything gets much better really soon for you!!:)