Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are the banded Notorious Novembers???

It was completely unfilled so I dont know how it could be too tight.

Thanks! I leave 5am Mt time for Africa so you better weigh in early because I'm checking before I leave LOL!!

JMS, well, no loss, but at least no gain. And honestly, I am glad about not gaining! This past week we've been 3 days in Florida for a college function for our daughter, and we've had friends in from out of town for the rest of the week. So not as much walking/running and harder to eat properly. I know that's just an excuse, but i'm working on it. I did get my fried to run with me last week! Yeah! And, we're eating a meal tonight based on my requirements rather than what everyone wants. So i'm learning. :-)

Have a fantastic time on your trip! Be Safe and Good Luck!

Tkl

JMS, well, no loss, but at least no gain. And honestly, I am glad about not gaining! This past week we've been 3 days in Florida for a college function for our daughter, and we've had friends in from out of town for the rest of the week. So not as much walking/running and harder to eat properly. I know that's just an excuse, but i'm working on it. I did get my fried to run with me last week! Yeah! And, we're eating a meal tonight based on my requirements rather than what everyone wants. So i'm learning. :-)

Have a fantastic time on your trip! Be Safe and Good Luck!

Tkl

Ah, well you are right, no gain is good. And, it is so difficult to eat right with people around and lots of activities going on. You travel lots!! I am heading for the airport in about 4 hours. No sleep tonight!! I weighed today and I'm the same, but maintaining the new 2 pound loss so I hope to keep it off these 2 weeks away!! Have a great weekend and get your exercise in!!! I wish I could walk more. My need for spinal surgery makes that impossible right now!!

Good luck to everyone while I'm away and lots of successes to all!!!

It was completely unfilled so I dont know how it could be too tight.

I guess I should have known that! You sure have had a rough time. You should soon be doing better........you deserve it after all you've been through. You don't have so much to lose so once your body adjusts to the band, you should sail along. You've had a good loss for not being so heavy to start with. I hope you stop getting sick with it very soon.

JMS~ Have a great trip. I'm in the same boat. No loss but no gain either this week.

We should start a support group for "Scale Whores" I could be the founder and CEO.:thumbup:

Get the Body Bugg(BB)...it is expensive but SSSSOOOOOO worth every penny. I never leave home with out it, only take it off to shower. I absolutely love it. Since adding it to my program I'm down 16 lbs. Now would Ihave lost that weight without the BB? Who knows, but I look at it as ANOTHER tools to aid me on my journey.

What all does the body bug tell you? Does it act as a pedometer too?

What all does the body bug tell you? Does it act as a pedometer too?

The Body Bugg tells you how mnay calories you have currently burned up to the minute for the day, and it resets its self every day at mid midnight to calculate for the next day. And yes it does also act as a pedometer calculating your steps for the day and this also rests every day. At any given time you can see your calories burned for the day and the amount of steps you have taken for the day. You can also see the information for the previous day as well.

We should start a support group for "Scale Whores" I could be the founder and CEO.:smile2:

Get the Body Bugg(BB)...it is expensive but SSSSOOOOOO worth every penny. I never leave home with out it, only take it off to shower. I absolutely love it. Since adding it to my program I'm down 16 lbs. Now would Ihave lost that weight without the BB? Who knows, but I look at it as ANOTHER tools to aid me on my journey.

How much was the body bugg?

How much was the body bugg?

Hi Mj,

I purchased mine on EBay - found one that was gently used, had lots of pics, and from a seller not too far away. I think it was $130. The new ones are over $200. I did pay an additional $99 for the first 6 months of monitoring, and I think it's $99 per year after that.

I had no trouble re-registering the Bugg under my name - they do come with a trial monitoring period when you buy them new, and there are even some sellers who sell their used buggs with monitoring left on the contract, but I'm not sure how well that part works. I would count on paying for monitoring.

After all I've spent on failed attempts to lose weight, I felt it was a worthwhile investment in me, and I've seen better results since I "armed" myself with a Bugg! :smile2:

Ebony does it monitor your calories burned around the clock? Like, if you wear it while you sleep, will it monitor you then as well?

Also, does it take batteries? I imagine if it's on 24/7 the batteries must die pretty frequently.

I paid $50 for mine on ebay, plus the 99 for 6 months monitoring, but if you buy one on ebay, make sure you aren't going to pay more than for a new one. You can buy the new ones online for about $200 if you watch for sales, and that includes the 99 for 6 months monitoring, so you may be better off to go new, if you can't find one cheap on ebay. They are great, I love mine, although I'm bad about inputting what I eat.

Ebony does it monitor your calories burned around the clock? Like, if you wear it while you sleep, will it monitor you then as well?

Also, does it take batteries? I imagine if it's on 24/7 the batteries must die pretty frequently.

It monitors you around the clock, if you aren't wearing it (like while you sleep) it estimates how much you burned and it takes 1 aaa battery which is supposed to last two weeks (mine only last about a week).

I suppose you could invest in the rechargeable batteries to save some cash on that. I've been considering one of these for awhile...hadn't quite decided yet. :smile2: Thanks for the info!!

i got my bugg at 24 hr fitness. they had a promtion for the bugg and the display arm band for $250.00, this also included the monitoring for 6 months. on the body bugg web site they were going for $350.00 for both items. my arm band is rechargable. when i plug it into my computer to upload the gathered data (which only take a few minutes) i leave plugged in for an hour or so to rechagre it. i only charge it about once/ week and manily because it only holds a little more than a weeks worth of data so i upload the data and clear the memory every sunday or monday night. the display band which can be worn as a watch or as a clip on the arm band or attatched to a piece of clothing takes a watch battery and i havent had to replace mine yet and its been about 12 weeks since ive got it. im not sure which version takes a aaa battery. is it the grey one? i know there is an older modle that was grey and a bit blukier than the black one that they have out now. ebay sounds like a good way to go to get a good deal im just extremely impatient and once i had made the decision to purchase one i just could wait.

jmegirl - I haven't tried rechargeable batteries, but I get about a week out of normal non-rechargeables right now.

ddgalarza - that sounds like a good deal - if I lived near a 24-hr fitness, I'd probably have done that.

Yes, the version 2 bodybugg (grey) is a bit bulky, but then, the weight I've lost since I bought mine means my clothes don't fit as tightly in the arms, so most of the time, no one can tell I've got it on! :eek: Of course, when I take off my jacket to show someone my "guns" - :wink: - it does start some interesting conversations. :cool2:

I wear mine from approximately 5 am when I wake up to walk DDog until 10 or 11 when I turn in for the night. I get about a week from a standard battery. I only upload at night, just before bedtime. It's a bit of a head game I play with myself - if I upload earlier, I might see that I've burned more calories and eat more. Since I only upload at night, I find I've been eating better during the day to make sure I don't overeat my activity level.

I use the step counter only to keep myself honest - I judge my progress more by the number of minutes of an activity and my percieved level of exertion than by the step counter.

Of course with today's rainy weather, I'll have to row extra time (or extra hard) tonight to make up for my missed walk at lunch...:w00t: