Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are the banded Notorious Novembers???

Hey Heather- So you had a fill on 12/18, and you're ready for another fill?

I just had my first fill on the 24th...so far it's good. I think he put 2CC's in mine. I'm hoping it lasts a while, we'll see!:hurray:

Ladies, we have to be strong. We can do this. I had two sugar Cookies last nite. I felt guilty BUT then I realized this time last year I would have had a dozen cookies.

Just think if we didn't have the band what our weight would be.

I am having restriction. A lot of foods are getting stuck...even when I chew and I haven't had a fill yet. Has anyone had this problem? The second cookie set there a while before it decided to pass thru. Kinda scared me at first. It was a real wake up call.

Oh man, do I EVER have this problem. Seems like my first bite of anything at any meal is stuck there. Can't drink with it, just makes it worse, but after a couple of minutes it finally passes. I'm assuming it's because I am just not mindful enough and haven't chewed well, although I do try to make a conscious effort. I think it's all about just being cautious and making good choices. I don't have problems with steak, chicken is a pain in the rear. bread doesn't bother me. Hard boiled eggs are the worst. They just seem to stick back together once they get down there.

I seem to only have that problem if I don't actually pay attention and literally count my chews, LOL! It's so easy to just chew a few times and let it go down--but I have to make myself chew, chew, chew.....It's definately a new way of eating, isn't it?!:hurray:

Hmmm, why can't I make my profile picture show????

I had Christmas dinner at my house and I made side dishes that I could have for example..sugar free sweet potatoes, broccoli quiche and roast that had ingredients that I could eat. The family cleaned the plates without one word that the dishes were sugar free or heathy versions, I don't think anyone actually noticed, or they wanted to be supportive. I am so glad I was banded because I found myself wanting to stray and it would be easy to do. I know that without the band the pounds lost would be quickly replaced. I am looking forward to my routine of less, and healthier food. I found that by going off my path a little, I have less energy,drive and my attitude is not as optimistic as when I am following my new path.

As far as food getting stuck, I eat cottage cheese with all meat as it helps it slip down. I cook chicken in broth or tomatoe sauce and it is not as dry. I have not had bread or rice since surgery .

CottageCheese with my meats sounds interesting. I love cottage cheese. Will have to try it in the near future. I've not tried any red meat yet. I cut my chicken up in really tiny pieces and it went down fine. I've also had lunch meat honey ham. It went down ok (cut it up in small pieces as well). I was craving salmon the other nite. Hubby went to Applebee's. I was really hungry and didn't chew the first piece so it stayed a while before going down. I was only able to eat 1/2 of it. I was very full.

Haven't tried bread, Pasta or rice. Those are my weakest links. I'm afraid they'll get caught.

Is anyone having problems with Protein Shakes? Just opening the lid to the container makes my stomach turn. I'm trying to get all my Protein in without it. I've tried three different brands.

I am right there with you on the Protein Shakes. I just can't stomach them anymore. I'm really restricted in the mornings so i've been having a low-carb slim fast. it has 20 grams of Protein. This morning I had one egg and a serving of bacon. For lunch the frozen chicken fried steak. I used to eat 3 over easy eggs and a ton of bacon. I was completely satisfied with one egg :hurray: It was great. And rather than eating 2 chicken fried steaks plus sides, all I had was the one. I was completely full.

Try the protein Water from special K. it is really good too. I try to have at least one of those a day to get in that extra protein. I learned the hard way that I can't do rice even before my first fill. now i won't touch it or bread unless the bread is very toasted and not soft at all. Then it's ok. But i just generally try to stay away from it.

I can still drink my Protein Shakes if I'm low on Protein, but I've been able to get in all my protein with my food mosts days. I usually have 2 scrambled eggs with a slice of cheese melted on them for Breakfast. That keeps me totally full until about 12:30-1:00. Then I usually have cottage cheese and Soup for lunch. Sometimes a yogurt later in the afternoon. I have fish alot for supper with a veggie.

I also drink the K2O Water. Or I buy the little K2O packets you can just add to water.

Oh, and I try and drink 2 glasses of skim milk a day too.

It's hard to eat/drink as much as we need to some days!! Weird feeling!:hurray:

I did try bread and rice before my first fill---it went down fine, but I haven't tried any since my fill.

For the newbie. PB means "productive burp" I believe...correct me if I'm wrong.:hurray:

Hi Novembers,

Does anyone know of any problems with putting Protein Powder in coffee? I have been mixing a scoop into my sugar free coffee creamer and then stirring into my coffee. I usually take my pills with unsweetened juice in the morning and then have an ounce or two of deli meat. When I get to work I have my coffee and Protein Creamer, but I have been wondering if the protein powder loses anything when it is put in a hot liquid. I was making protein shakes/smoothies, but they were time consuming and my husband kept adding so much to the blender that the calories started to creep way up.

The protein coffee really sticks with me most of the morning and the coffee seems to cut the sickeningly sweet flavor.

I have heard of people mixing the Protein powder in coffee, I think it's fine to do that. Do you use vanilla flavor? I need to try that. I've been drinking my coffee black since I started on liquids and would love some flavor in it again. And how much do you put in a cup of coffee?

I've been drinking the chocolate shakes, they're not bad.

Here is a article about different ways to drink Protein BariatricEating.com Health & Nutrition - Protein Drinks 101. The website also has recipes, support, and a lot of good information. This is the first website I found and it really helped me get a feel for what I needed to know on how to live my new life. Hope this gives some new ideas:tongue2:

I was told I can't have coffee for 3 months, but I have it a couple times a month. Usually a skinny latte from Starbucks with Protein added (I figure I'm partly following the rules!) Anyway, if they do not blend the protein well it clumps in that hot liquid. I see at the recommended site they say to dissolve it in cold Water first. That probably prevents clumping which is quite nasty!!. Also, don't try to reheat it in the microwave!

I was told I can't have coffee for 3 months, but I have it a couple times a month. Usually a skinny latte from Starbucks with Protein added (I figure I'm partly following the rules!) Anyway, if they do not blend the protein well it clumps in that hot liquid. I see at the recommended site they say to dissolve it in cold Water first. That probably prevents clumping which is quite nasty!!. Also, don't try to reheat it in the microwave!

I meant I have coffe a couple x's a week!!!