Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are the banded Notorious Novembers???

My first fill is on the 22nd and I am READY. Its been harder the last couple of days.[/quote gentylwind]

Gentylwind, my first fill is also on the 22nd. I have also gained a few pounds as well. Nice to know I am not the only one. Hopefully once we start getting fills the weight will start to come off again.

I am back where I was...I think I am just bouncing around a bit as my body adjusts to eating more solid foods again. But yeah, I am ready for my fill. My appt is at 1 PM, but I need to call and see if I can get in earlier in the day or maybe even this Friday instead....

Hello Notorious Novembers...

I'm in the boat with some of you who are anxiously awaiting your first fill...I'm dreading Christmas without a fill, because I feel very hungry now.:lol:

It's been slowly increasing, and sometimes I have a hard time reconciling actual hunger with my head hunger...I've been working on "I want it, so I'll eat it" for so long that recognizing real body hunger is proving to be elusive.

I'm still losing, I think - my next "official" weigh in is tomorrow morning. My family and I only weigh in officially once a week to try and decrease the obsessive daily weighing that I used to do.

They've been great about eating pretty much what I eat - 2 weeks on liquids, a week on mushies, and slowly transitioning into soft solids like I am now. My hubby occasionally eats a hamburger when I can't, but everyone is down several pounds and feeling pretty good.:tt2:

My recent challenge (besides the hunger) is that my blood sugar numbers have gone back up to pre-surgery levels. :) :tt2: :confused_smile: I'm really not happy about that, because I don't want to go back on all the meds I used to take. I'm back on the slow-release insulin, and I wish I wasn't. It makes it harder to lose weight, and that's not good for me.

I'll just have to see what my doc says today...and I may call and try to get in for a fill next week prior to the holiday shutdown. I'm just afraid that if I don't, I'll gain a bunch over Christmas and eat WAAAY too much 'cause I'll be at home for nearly two weeks.

Everybody keep your head up - we are going to do this!:thumbup:

Call right away ER. My doctor was super packed booked and had no further openings before Christmas. I think pretty much EVERYONE wants that extra help to get past the holiday. Hopefully you can get an appointment!

Call right away ER. My doctor was super packed booked and had no further openings before Christmas. I think pretty much EVERYONE wants that extra help to get past the holiday. Hopefully you can get an appointment!

Let us know how your first fill experience went! Mine was super weird...I have no other words to describe it!

Hi guys

Once I added food I have slowly gone up 4 lbs and dont get a fill till Jan 15th

I am really concerned and hungry. I am trying to stick to 1 cup per meals so now adding 1/2 shake mid morning and mid afternoon. however I want to eat more. I don't have any restriction as he does not fill anything till 6 weeks after surgery.

Any good ideas to help me turn it around and keep loosing. I lost 5 before surgery and 12 after. now up 4

Kirswty:w00t::frown::)

Hi guys

I am really concerned and hungry. I am trying to stick to 1 cup per meals so now adding 1/2 shake mid morning and mid afternoon. however I want to eat more. I don't have any restriction as he does not fill anything till 6 weeks after surgery.

Any good ideas to help me turn it around and keep loosing. I lost 5 before surgery and 12 after. now up 4

Ask your surgeon, and he should tell you that being hungry is normal, and gaining a few pounds once you hit solids is normal as well. Your surgeon should also tell you that the first 6 weeks post-op are for healing, so if you're hungry, you should eat. Eat healthier, and practice eating smaller bites and chewing really well. Stick to 1c of food at meals, but eat more often if you like. Don't be discouraged if the scale moves up because now is not the time for losing weight. Once you get your first fill, then you can concentrate on losing. Right now you should concentrate on healing. :mellow:

Hi guys

Hey there I know what you mean about the humger the only thing I find that has helped me was more Protein and I've had to limity my carb intake to 1 item a day. I have to keep my food to 3 oz per meal and soemtimes that aint cutting it:scared2: then I want everything but I want... So I know 2-4pm is my dangerous time so I eat lots of protein to hold me!!! My thing noew is I'm PMS ing and things are late and I want everythign sweet!! :mellow: It's truly takes everything i have not to eat a pack of Cookies or bake a damn cake and stuff myself with it !!! :cool2:

IS there annyway you can get them to bump it up sooner for you? I have heard soem poeple call and say they are on the verge of eating their arm off and they get sooner appts!!

Good Luck and try to stay strong :wub:hugs

THANKS GUYS

They did bump up my appointment by 2 weeks that is all they will allow.

I will add more Protein re the shakes today. Hopefully that will help.

Thanks for letting me know this is normal I have been beating myself up big time so I will stop that and Just Believe that it will happen in good time. I will make good choices and only 1 cup at a time, while I am healing.

Its nice to know that your out there.

Kirsty:cool2:

Hey guys

Well i have my first fill in the morning!! I am nervous, I'm not really crazy about needles! But I am excited to get my first fill and then hopefully I will be able to transitions to meat and other regular food. I know that I am having way too many carbs, but that is the easiest thing to eat while on the mushy phase! I will let you all know how my fill goes!

hey tamthetex,

just wondering why you are having a fill already? your suppossed to wait at least 6 weeks. and if you are on mushies still, its not a good idea. i guess every doctor is different though.

i have not had a fill yet, and i'm having a hard time with meat, i would think a fill would make transtioning to meat more difficult.

good luck.

hey tamthetex,

just wondering why you are having a fill already? your suppossed to wait at least 6 weeks. and if you are on mushies still, its not a good idea. i guess every doctor is different though.

i have not had a fill yet, and i'm having a hard time with meat, i would think a fill would make transtioning to meat more difficult.

good luck.

My surgeon had me on soft solids at 3 weeks post-op, and scheduled my first fill for 4 weeks post-op. Every surgeon is different, and every person is different. Perhaps your surgeon makes you wait 6 weeks for a fill because he places your band with some fill already in it? My band was placed empty, and by Week 4 I was really getting hungry, so I was grateful for the fill!

I called today and bumped my fill up to tomorrow. I was suppose to go in on the 22nd for my first fill. I have been gaining and have very little restriction. I can't wait. Maybe I can get another fill in by the end of the month. :)

I called today and bumped my fill up to tomorrow. I was suppose to go in on the 22nd for my first fill. I have been gaining and have very little restriction. I can't wait. Maybe I can get another fill in by the end of the month. :)

I think most surgeons make you wait a month between fills, so that might not be possible. Hopefully you'll have restriction for a few weeks from your first fill.