Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have hit a platue!! HELP!

i have hit a platue! I havent lost a pd in over a week! And i have gotten hungry (not mind hungry not growling hunger, more naw hunger), is it possible my body is freaking out on me. I have never ever been on 1200-1500cals a day more then a month. The last couple of days i have felt hungry, but i cant eat anymore then what my stomach will allow. I get full off of what i eat.. but i feel like i am starving yea know? This sucks. I get on the scale and nada i bounce up and down 5pds. And the thing is the weight i am at now, i been at that weight most of my adult life. 215-218pds I been at the weight since I had my first son. I only gone up higher then that 2 times in 12 yrs. once pregnancy and being married! lol And the weight fell off when i applied myself to my current weight, just like now! But now.. i been stuck at this weight for 2 weeks and nothing. Could my body be stubborn and is holding on to the weight? Will it last forever? I hope not.. I prolly either need to add some cals for a week or take away cals, but I dont know which way to go? Should I listen to my body and eat a lil extra like a Protein Shake and bring my cals to 1800? Have any advice? Or should I lower them to less the 1200 cals a day to shock my system? Its been 2 months since my surgery.. I hope I dont need a fill. This is my norm meals a day:

b/f-cup of coffee with splenda and low fat half and half

Lunch- 1/2 ham or turkey sandwhich w/ lettuce, Tomato, lite mayo and 1/2 american cheese, with 1/2 oz chips (lowfat or regular)

dinner- 1 1/2 of Pasta dish or 3 oz of lean steak w. salad w/ lowfat dressing. 3 small pieces of chocolate ( dont tell me to get rid of that! lol)

My cals range from 1200-1500 a day

I havent had a fill yet. And yes i can tolarant that stuff! lol lucky me! :thumbs_up: Cant eat in the morning... HELP!

i have hit a platue! I havent lost a pd in over a week! And i have gotten hungry (not mind hungry not growling hunger, more naw hunger), is it possible my body is freaking out on me. I have never ever been on 1200-1500cals a day more then a month. The last couple of days i have felt hungry, but i cant eat anymore then what my stomach will allow. I get full off of what i eat.. but i feel like i am starving yea know? This sucks. I get on the scale and nada i bounce up and down 5pds. And the thing is the weight i am at now, i been at that weight most of my adult life. 215-218pds I been at the weight since I had my first son. I only gone up higher then that 2 times in 12 yrs. once pregnancy and being married! lol And the weight fell off when i applied myself to my current weight, just like now! But now.. i been stuck at this weight for 2 weeks and nothing. Could my body be stubborn and is holding on to the weight? Will it last forever? I hope not.. I prolly either need to add some cals for a week or take away cals, but I dont know which way to go? Should I listen to my body and eat a lil extra like a Protein shake and bring my cals to 1800? Have any advice? Or should I lower them to less the 1200 cals a day to shock my system? Its been 2 months since my surgery.. I hope I dont need a fill. This is my norm meals a day:

b/f-cup of coffee with splenda and low fat half and half

Lunch- 1/2 ham or turkey sandwhich w/ lettuce, Tomato, lite mayo and 1/2 american cheese, with 1/2 oz chips (lowfat or regular)

dinner- 1 1/2 of Pasta dish or 3 oz of lean steak w. salad w/ lowfat dressing. 3 small pieces of chocolate ( dont tell me to get rid of that! lol)

My cals range from 1200-1500 a day

I havent had a fill yet. And yes i can tolarant that stuff! lol lucky me! :eek: Cant eat in the morning... HELP!

I am 3 months post op and I will tell you that I cannot or should I say I don't think I can eat breads, chips, steak or pastas. I have lost 40 lbs since my surgery in August and I have not had a fill yet either. My doc says I do not need one yet cause I am still loosing weight.

Its not daily, its average, but i did mention " lean" steaks, maybe i should be more clear, 1 slice of bread for my sandwich?! Usually low fat.. everything except chocolate is usually lean, lowfat and whole this and that. I eat baked chips.. but i figured out what was causing my platue. I dont need a fill either my dr. says i am not eating to much. I been having chronic migranes and the meds cause mess with you system.

But really, you shouldn;t deny your self from any food.. eat in small portions.. and choose always the healthest of course. If I ate low fat and diet this and that 24/7 i couldnt do it. A saled over steak? I rather have both. Sorry thats me.. I will just up my working out. But the source of food doesnt make you fat its the qaunity. And lack of activity. Anyway.. thanks for that encoruagement of whatever! Take care:sleep:

When I hit plateaus I would change up my exercise routine. When I would walk on the treadmill I would increase the incline. I would walk 2 min normal than increase the incline and walk 2 min and continue doing that for my 45min walk. If you walk outside maybe walk in an area with hills. Also, never get yourself in a rut with food. Always mix it up. Don't eat the same kind of food every day. Your body gets use to that. Well good luck and let me know if any of this works for you.

AWWWH, yea you are right about getting into a rut with the food. I didnt think about that. I get into a habit of just eating the same thing over and over again! lol.. Yea i have food issues lack of imagination! lol I did mix it up a bit today, i had a boiled egg and 1/2 cup strawberries, lunch 1/2 ham sandwhich with out bread, and dinner chicken noodle Soup. I had a lot of restriction, of course i am retaining Water like a feen! lol

Your body isn't freaking out on you. Its reached a point where its stopping for a bit to catch its breath so to speak. Its quite normal to hit a plateau, while your body adjusts to the new weight and caloric intake. Don't stress, just keep eating as before, maybe cut the carbs *slightly* and try changing your exercise routine. Maybe go out dancing a couple of times? If you normally walk, then try riding a bike. If you normally ride, then try swimming. Its good to work out different areas and it also shakes things up a bit.

Thank you for all your advice. I am going to switch up my eating, and start weight training and switch up my exercise. And do more of it. Honestly I only been working out 3 x a week, i will do 4x. So.. we shall see. Cuz I know I am not eating to much i cant.. yuck sickly full is no fun, done that twice one bite to many gross and hurts! lol..

Thanks again everyone! :blink:

If you are going to add weight training, then don't count on the scale to tell about your weight loss. Muscle weighs more than fat, so the scale may be mean to you. Make sure that you are measuring yourself to keep a true count of what your body is doing. Good luck!