Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

less than 2 weeks

And i am starting to get nervous.....

Not that I wasn't before.....but it is getting closer!

I am ready... got my stuff.

How do I prepare the kids? I am not sure what to say to them, and how to explain it. They are 8 and 5 years old.

I know some will be scared and the others won't be phased. I have 2 sets of twins, so incase you are wondering.

Thanks

keri

Hey Keri:

We're having surgery the same day! I'm getting more nervous by the day too! Still doesn't seem real to me. I've been eating like there's no tomorrow for the past month, guess its my way of dealing with this....as far as what to tell your kids, I have two myself, a 7 year old girl and a 3 year old boy. I think I'm just going to tell them that I'm going to go away for the night with some girlfriends and that I'll be home the next morning. My husband recently went overnight to Atlantic City with a friend of his and although my daughter was sad, she got over it. So I'm not expecting it to be too bad. But you, you have two sets of twins!!! WOW, you are one busy mom!!! Can you tell them the same thing, your going with some friends overnight someplace and that you'll be home in the morning?

Best of luck to you, with whatever you decide! Wishing you a quick recovery!

i'm having surgery on the 20th too! I don't have kids... 20 years old and still in college. But I do have three roommates who do not know about the surgery. I've told my close family and my best friend, but I just do not trust my roommates enough to not tell the whole world, even though I know they would want the best for me.

My mom is flying up to be with me for 2 weeks and it is the Thursday before our week off for Thanksgiving break, so my roommates won't even notice, as I will just want to stay in the hotel room with my mom the first few days anyways.. and they will be at home for 9-10 days with their families.

I can't imagine having this surgery with so many kids around! I'm sure we will all do great, even with our different lives. We will have a wonderful and secret friend inside of us, helping us out. It will probably be difficult the first week or so being with your kids, but just think of how much easier it will be to be with them once you've gotten to a healthier weight.

good luck to both of you!

Well, I think that might work, but I am thinking about the incisions I am going to have, and if that they are rough around me.... Plus they are going to see me not eat with them for a bit.

I know the little ones will understand me not being around overnight and they will understand me just hanging with friends. But the boys aren't that nieve. LOL Spencer is quite smart for is age.

Thanks all!

12 days to go!!! I can't believe it! I have so many feelings right now.....

Ohhh and this stuffing your self........ya me too. I am so scared that I am going to gain weight..... but i haven't yet.

Thanks again all!

Keri

I am with you I not knowing what to tell the kids. I have a 9 year old (Spencer too!) and a 5 year old. My 9 year old will worry, my 5 year old will probably care less. Good luck with your surgery!

Tonight at dinner I am going to tell the kids. In very simple terms. I am a nurse so I can get very technical, so I need to remind my self to be simple.

Just that I am going to have owies, and that they need to be gentil with me. The dogs are going to be tough. Jedi is a jumper, and Tika, is going to be very lost with out me around.

I am getting nervous. 1 week from tomorrow I will going for my pre op and then, 1 week from thursday it will be a week out from surgery.

Keri