Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Holy Protein Cow! Cottage Cheese!

Okay, I am simply astounded at how many grams of Protein are in cottage cheese. Un-freakin'-believable! Why wasn't I eating this earlier???

My hubby picked up some FF cottage cheese for me on my pre-op diet and I was just poking my nose in the frig for a snack. Looked at the nutritional info and about dropped to the floor. I have been really working on ways to beef up my Protein and just completely missed this one. It has 12 grams of protein per serving. Just crazy good news for me!

I heard there is a low carb recipe to mske your own crackers. I bet they would be good with cottage cheese.< /p>

I've eaten it for years with fruit. Just add drained crushed pineapple, peaches, pears..it's all good. Just stay with the Fat Free or low fat kind. I mix fresh rasberries and blackberries too, sometimes add a touch of sugar. It's my little dessert that way. Yumm..

Greek Yogurt is thicker and creamier than regular yorgurt.

It has a whopping 22g of Protein and 0g of fat in one small container.

It does not taste that great (just being honest) but I can eat it no problem.

I think it's worth it for the protein trade off seeing it's @1/3 of your daily required protein.

I am going to start using the plain in place of sour cream as it has no fat!

I sometimes eat this in place of my dinner when I fix something for my family I cannot or am afraid to eat.

Stoneybrook Farms puts out a brand OIKOS they have plain, honey, and vanilla.< /p>

I heard they have a new flavor blueberry I am excited to try.

Walmart carries this brand in my area.

It runs @1.50 a small carton.

I have to make sure to pick up plenty of cottage cheese at the store next week when I begin my mushy phase. I love the stuff!! :thumbs_up:

Bridgette- I found the greek yogurt at Wal-mart but was a little skeptical in buying it since I had never had it before. I would be interested as well to find out more about it. From what I saw, it didn't come in a flavored version.

You can Cottage cheese and a bit of lemon juice with one of the Hidden valley ranch dressing packing and blend it in a blend. Then use it as as a dip with veggies.

Okay, I am simply astounded at how many grams of Protein are in cottage cheese. Un-freakin'-believable! Why wasn't I eating this earlier???

My hubby picked up some FF cottage cheese for me on my pre-op diet and I was just poking my nose in the frig for a snack. Looked at the nutritional info and about dropped to the floor. I have been really working on ways to beef up my Protein and just completely missed this one. It has 12 grams of protein per serving. Just crazy good news for me!

If you think cottage cheese is high in protein check out greek yogurt, 15 grams!

I eat cottage cheese nearly every day. I get it whipped (Friendship brand 1%, YUM, or you can whip it yourself by putting it in the blender -- I'm not a fan of curds).

I like it with sweet things like others have mentioned, but I really like it with warm things like Tomato Soup or marinera sauce. I swear I credit cottage cheese with at least half my weightloss, haha!

I saw the greek yogurt at Walmart the other day but was afraid to try it... then again, I'm so sick of the sweets right now, it might be a good thing to try... maybe mix in some savory seasonings....

I eat a container of Oikos Greek yogurt every morning and once in awhile during the day. I put a couple of TBLS of DiVinci Syrup in it and add a few soynuts for added Protein and variety. Our Walmart (65 miles away) only carries the vanilla and plain. I always buy the plain. Also good with SF jam. It's good plain on chili or a topping on veggies.