Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Support in Charlotte and Surrounding Areas

Your right Melissa about the eating thing. Who knows maybe we'll both be on liquids by then! Maybe we'll be room mates in the hospital together!!! Ya never know

I will most likely NOT be on liquids sigh...have hit another delay. All I can do is keep chugging along. I'll get there eventually, cause I KNOW someday I will run out of things to slow me down! HEHEH I have the h prytori in my stomach. It apparently can cause ulcers, though fortuantly I don't have any. But before I can get the okay for surgery I have to be on a round of antibiotics to get rid of them. So for the next 2 weeks I will be taking 19 pills a day. Then after a certain amount of time I have to be retested to make sure they got them. The nurse made alot of sense now that I think about it...but I really just didn't want to hear another delay. So picked up my 75 dollars worth of drugs (my cost) and will start them tomorrow.

Melissa

Oh what a bummer! I'm sorry to hear that, but at least it is something that can be taken care of.

Hang in there Melissa...We are all here to get you through this. :-) Look by the time we meet you will have stories to tell and you never know you might have your date by then.

Welp talked to the gastro doc today. I have to wait 6 weeks from when I finish the antibiotics to be retested to make sure I don't have it. I told kim I was thinking of not posting in the meantime, but I think I'd be better off trying to diet along with you guys. I mean my consulation is my official weight I think, so if I can loose 10lbs in the next 2 months, how much better off will I be at surgery. So looks like you guys are stuck with old impatient me. Us virgos and our schedules and time tables will drive the world crazy.

Melissa

What a bummer. Hang in there! Before you know it you'll be banding it! Who is your gastro? Better to be safe than sorry.

Dr. schmitz is my Gastro doc. I just met him when I had the endoscopy done, he is very nice and personable. There is only about a 10 percent chance that the antibiotics don't work. The H pylori bacteria causes ulcers. I don't have any ulcers but I did have the bacteria. So maybe the band has saved me from ulcers? As I don't think I ever would have found out about the bacteria otherwise until I developed an ulcer. I don't know what happens if the antibiotics don't work....nobody has said. I know that I'm on a different regimin of antibiotics than they usaully prescrib for their first choice...because the first choice has a type of penicyllian in it. I'm allergic, have been since a child, so don't even know what my reaction to it is....but didn't want to find out the hard way LOL.

On another note I did good on my "diet" yesterday...until I found a bar of Dove dark chocolate hidding behind a can of tuna in the cabinet. Oh well today is a whole new day. And Hubby will be home, I've missed him this week, I'm glad he doesn't have to travel too often. I'm not good at the single mom thing.

Melissa

Hang in there Melissa, that Dove want kill you. You are so right about loosing weight prior to surgery. It can only help. I admire you for sticking to it. Everything happens for a reason..I truly believe that.

I talked to (my) Kami yesterday and she is probably going to come. I told her where and when. I will remind her again as time gets closer.

I took my first Water class last since having surgery. It felt so good. I am going to do that 3 days a week...Walk the other days. :-) Keep motivated...

Hope everyone has a great friday...

Hey Ladies....Talked to Angela (at Dr. V's office) and has asked if it's ok to join on the 27th. I told her I didn't see a problem with it. Is it alright? Bring questions or ideas because she will there for us.

Do you think Ruby Tuesdays can handle all of us? Should we start a new thread closer to time so others can read about it. Like Star, I don't know if she is apart of this thread and she may not get this.

Hope everyone is having a Happy Thursday!!!!

New threads are always good. How many do you think there will be of us? That is cool that Angela is coming.

Do they just have booths? I bet they have tables too. I think we should start a new thread now or real soon so that the newies see it and don't feel left out.

I spoke with Bobbi this morning and confirmed everything. I did forget one thing and that was to write down the calories allowed for the 2 weeks prior! Do you remember? Is it only 800?

Hey Ladies....Talked to Angela (at Dr. V's office) and has asked if it's ok to join on the 27th. I told her I didn't see a problem with it. Is it alright? Bring questions or ideas because she will there for us.

Cool!!!! This is gonna be so fun!