Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Support in Charlotte and Surrounding Areas

Hey all I talked with Dr. V and he said it wouldn't be a problem doing a support group. He said he likes his nurse (Bobbi) or Angela (works at the center) there. I told him that would be great because they would be there to answer questions and give us ideas, etc. He told me to get a hold of Angela and let her know, Bobbi said they would probably do a mailing in the fall if we wanted to wait. He said he doesn't care who comes..so everyone is welcome. Bobbie suggested we could mix things up and meet for dinner and not just at the center. I told her we were doing that in Aug. They were very happy with the idea....

So girls lets get the Aug date out there...maybe others can join in. The dates that work best for me are the 6th or the 27th. I can do the 13th, I just can't stay a very long time because I have a family reunion that day.

Thoughts????

Right now the calendar is wide open for August, especially since it seems I won't get the surgery until at least September at the earliest. I can't tell you how bummed I am about that. But with the Pscyh not being able to see me till August 1st now for that darn evaul testing. And him and dr. V taking at least a week to do their paperwork ...thats another two weeks and then I gotta get insurance approval, yet another week or two and then a date scheduled and a two week liquid diet. Heck it maybe even October.....how depressing.

Melissa

Don't despair Melissa. Next thing you know you'll be posting "I have a band date!!" then "I'm banded!!" It will fly, I promise!!!

The 6th is better than the 27th, but only because of the back to schooltime...heck, the 27th is great, too!!

So will we be doing IHOP for August, then seeing what the office does with the mailing for our next one?

I'm in! Yippee!!

just keep in mind I think the 6th is tax free shopping weekend so things are crazy out that weekend. I so rarely shop that weekend so it doesn't matter to me....but others maybe planning to do all their school shopping then?

Melissa

Any Saturday is good. I just need to know and what time so I can prepare my husband for duty! :) I will be leaving the rugrats at home.

Melissa I sure hope it doesnt take that long but dont fret it will be here before you know it. I thought it was going by slow too and now here I am banded. It will get here.

Hope you all are doing good. I sure am feeling a lot better since the last time you saw me! :) But let me know I am flexible. TTYL!

Angie

Angie, you are such a trooper! You sure looked tired at going home time. No rugrats for me at IHOP!! Aren't ya'll happy?! Yep, and I need to prep hubby for duty as well. So, the 27th it is?

Whoa Nellie! You know what I just remembered? Dianne in Waxhaw! Let's don't make her drive all the way to Gastonia. What's off the loop? She's on a mission trip so maybe we can wait to hear from her about the date. If she can come, we'll know better about the location.

Cammie's in the Concord area?

I don't even know where Waxhaw is? But she said something about living off of 485 I thought.

I'm going to start counting weight watcher points again monday, I think I'm out of control sigh...we won't talk about the chocolate chip Cookies I baked for the kids today.

I talked to the nutritionist today..I apparently misunderstood the paper work totally she gave me for pre op diet. When I told her the protien drink I made ended up being like 46 grams a protien and i didn't think I should do six of those a day. LOL, apparently her scoop and the scoop in my protien mix are NOT created equal. So new instructions say about 21 protien grams total in my protien drink 6 times a day. That sounds more reasonable.

Melissa

Waxhaw is out towards Monroe (Union County).

There is an IHOP in the university. I don't know of others. We could Bob Evans or Cracker Barrell..just some thoughts.

Cammie is in Mt Pleasant - which is out past Concord, but I am sure she will join us. We migth even ride together. I will tell her tomorrow on the van, I know she will be excited.

There was a lady from obesityhelp that emailed me, I emailed her back and told her to check us out. I hope she does...she is also a Dr. V patient and is about the same stage as Melissa. I think our group could be growing...YEAH!!! We are all going to do so well....

Yes Melissa that does sound better...you would have been stuffed fixing it the old way. :-)

Angie...glad to hear you are feeling better...Not much longer on liquids. Are you counting down the days? :-) I know I would...

Kathy did you get a partial unfill? Are you feeling better?

Ya'll have a good night...will chat later!!!

Yep! I got unfilled by .4cc. You heard it, that's "point 4cc" and what a difference! Still on liquids but my liquids are getting thicker and thicker LOL but I'm not terribly hungry yet. I do want some guacamole, dadgummit! Maybe tomorrow. He said 3 days liquids on Monday, so Wed is 3 days, right? Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday...3 days! I can justify ANYthing! :)

I LOVE me some Bob Evans and there are good Soups on the menu for the mushie phase, plus ice cream (!) and soft veggies, too. Not too sure about Breakfast. They have crepes on the menu but that may still be too chewy for Angie. Me and Kim may get away with that, but the portions are pretty doggone big. I go often enough that I know we can all do something good at Bob Evans. There is one in Huntersville at exit 25 off I-77. That's another long drive for Angie, though. Is there one in South Charlotte/Pineville area?

Hmm, there is a I hop in pineville....right across from the Mall area? Convient to I 485. I don't go up 485 past that area much so not familiar with what else is further up 485. I'm cool with anywhere as 485 and 85 and 77 are all pretty convient to me...there are advantages to living in the landing path of the airport.

Melissa

There is also an IHOP off of 49/485 at the new Arsley shopping area. That is near arrowood road. Not sure if any of you know where that is. I can do most everything but I dont want a terribly long drive. Just let me know what you guys think. TTYL! I need to get up and get ready for the boys!

Angie

Ah that's across the street from the gym I work out at. And pretty convienent to me. But anywhere off of 485/85/77 is fine with me.

On another note, looks like I'll be home this weekend. The trip got cancelled because the girl scout leader isn't feeling up to it. I tried to call the pysch office and get the appointment I turned down for friday but it was already taken. LOL I have got to find something to do to keep from driving myself crazy. Good news or bad depending on how you look at it, I can't justify postponing starting my diet till monday now. And I'll be home to get the new harry potter book! I wan't have to wait 3 extra days.

I know I'm sounding pretty obsessive...and I'm feeling pretty obsessive.

Melissa

Hey Ladies...I just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing? Is Dianne back?

I feel like I did really bad this weekend...the scale will tell me tomorrow no sense in beating myself up.

Angie how are you doing? Are mushies good?

Melissa...any trips? When do you go for your test?

Kathy..haven't heard from you..just seeing how the weeks are going.

Take Care and TTYL

Kim :-)

Hey! Still here, still figuring out this fill but all is well. I haven't heard from Dianne, but I figure she'll show up on one of these threads soon. Tomorrow is our weekly weigh in for the Summer Weight Loss Challenge so I'll post there in the AM. However, a sneak preview won't hurt? I was 198.8 this morning, wahooo!!

Kim, the scales may surprise you. Don't beat yourself up...a few days of "bad" can be fixed by a few days of really good. Just so you don't go off the deep end for long. It's good to do an occasional "calorie spree" :(

Well it wasn't as bad as I thought...I lost 4 pounds last week. So those 2 bites of cake didn't hurt me much...I am SOOOO close to 40 pounds lost. YEAH!!! I am wearing a shirt today that I haven't worn in years. It was one of my favorites so I didn't want to let it go...it's a little baggy now...

Kathy they are going to schedule my first fill this week or next so I might be coming to you for advice. :-) Way to go on the weight loss!!!

Alright ladies lets set a date...well once we hear from Dianne...I am so ready to have a girls morning out.