Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre-band newbie in Louisiana!

I am ofcourse gung-ho for my soon to be band, that will probably be late November or early December. I am anxious, and scared, but also hopeful and excited at the same time. I would appreciate any advice for ANYTHING, pre,during, or post band.

My doc offered me the sleeve also, (pretty persistant), but I declined, (sorry sleevesters) I'm a nurse and ofcourse only see the possible complications. I guess I need some encouragement from the veterans who have succeded! I want to loose 100 # and I want to know the tricks of the trade to get there. So come on cheerleaders, help me out!

Thanks,

Danielle:wink2:

HI.....I am in BR !!!......I am thinking about doing the lap-band.....tonight I go to my first seminar about it.

What is the process you went through from the beginning to now?

thanks!

Hey Danielle! Welcome to LBT it's great to hear that you will be getting your band soon :rolleyes2:

LOTS of People on here have lost 100+ even 200+! You can do it. I have only had my band for 6 months and lost 63.. I want to lose 111 and I am over 1/2 to goal in under 1 year. Anything is possible.

i am also from louisiana...monroe.

i have been lurking awhile here and this is my first post. i was banded 9/9/08 and have lost 22lbs.

the best advice i have is follow your doctors instructions. stay on your liquids and work up to your mushie foods. we have a monthly support group meeting and i have learned alot there from my fellow bandsters.

Hi Ksmith, Kady, and Brandy!

Thanks for replying! I have a family member that has a band, and I have been watching her. I did'nt attend a seminar, but I just scheduled an appt with Dr Stevens in Lafayette. I met him on Tuesday and had a dietician speak with me and on Saturday I will meet the Psychiatriast. Then hopefully next week I will get a date! I am very anxious and scared all at one time, so maybe we can do this together!

Brandy, I am soooo proud of you!! That is wonderful, I can only imagine 63 pounds gone!! I can't wait to be the Mom my children will be proud to have.

Kady, I am also soooo proud of you, 22 lbs so quick! Please pray I can do this as well as you too. I live over an hour away from the support groups so I guess I will just have to use you guys!

Edited by Mommyto4

let us know if you get a date. are you self-pay or insurance? i am insurance paid and had to do a 6 month dr. supervised diet before getting approved. i lost 40lbs during that time. i was taking diet pills then, but the band is so much better.

Danielle,

Hi! Nice to meet you! I'm in Alexandria, LA. It's so nice to see another louisianian. lol. I'm almost 2 years into my lapband and I've lost 70pds. Slow and steady. I wouldn't change it for the world! Congratz on your decision and keep us updated!

Im from New Orleans and was banded last week. I feel great. I've lost 19.5 pounds so far. I still can't believe I have the band inside me. I can tell you that you have to have will power. The weight I have lost so far has been all on my own. I have no restriction and can drink down as much as I want. I have had to monitor myself ounce by ounce. I try to stay out of the kitchen so I don't see or smell food. My husband has had to step in with the cooking. Besides a little soreness i've felt great. No gas pains, nausea, or anything major to complain about.

Hopefully, this week I will get a date! I am insurance, but they have not required any diets or anything before. I'll keep ya'll posted!