Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

sometimes when I eat I get pain in my chest and have to make myself vomit to feel better. Does anyone else do this sometime? It happens like twice a week or so.

I haven't experienced stuck or pb yet, but i heard papaya enzyme helps.

What is PBing? Banded for years but hide in a closet. Now learning I am not alone with issues. Almost 6 years and still learning how to live with a band.

I've vomited and sometimes returned to my meal (but taking it slower, chewing more, etc). Most of the time, the majority of the time, my appetite and desire to eat is gone-zo.

I was very inquisitive with my surgeon pre-op and I asked him lots of technical questions. He told me he takes a lower part of the stomach and folds it up over the band, like a flap, on the exterior of the stomach, and sews it to secure it. He said this really helps prevent slippage. I'm not sure if they all do this but I've never seen this on any of the illustrations I've seen.

Isn't that "Plication"? I go in Monday and am interested in it. Apparently (somebody correct me if I'm wrong) there is the type

of Plication where the stomach is inverted and stapled in place and "modified plication" where a portion of the stomach

is just folded over and stitched in place to prevent the band from slipping. I know this is a simplistic explanation, but

It's what I have.

I have vomited since I first got the band 2 years ago. I do not slime like I have seen my friends who are also banded do. Sometimes it is a PB like thing. I just have to cough and up it comes. The first year I vomited so much that I busted a blood vessel. But never a slip. I was one of those people (preband) who would suffer with a stomach ache instead of vomiting and getting it over with so vomiting to me was not a happy experience.

Sometimes I think do not chew enough, but other times food can hit my pouch and it is total rejection it all comes straight up like a rocket. Sometimes out my mouth and through my nose which is very gross. My Surgeon never found anything wrong with my band or the placement of it. I am not too tight but have experienced it and got a small unfill. I just have learned to live with it as it is not everyday but several times a week.

I do not think many people really vomit from the stomach but from their pouch. Sometimes when I vomit I start to get the dry heaves and have to just calm myself down to stop it. Everytime I have gotten a fill or been in for a check up I have been given a flouro (x-ray with barium) and only the surgeon does the fills no nurses. For some reason that is just how my body responds. As gross as it sounds I would rather do that then slime for 30 minutes so much that you have to spit it out every minute as one of my Banded friends does. I am not sure why I vomit except I do accept blame sometimes for not chewing enough or trying to eat something I know is a no-no.

Do you really think you can vomit from your stomach below the pouch? I do not see how it could come through the band unless it comes with so much force as like through the mouth and nose. Sometimes when my meds hit the pouch and I drink the Water to wash it through it comes straight up. Just my luck I guess. I am still working on eating slower and taking tinier bites 2 years out, but I am down 84 lbs and do not regret my band at all. Some times it take old dogs more time to learn new tricks.

Cheri

my doc suggested 1/2 tsp meat tenderizer in 8oz Water if something gets stuck...has anyone else heard of this?