Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

desperate need advice!!

hey guys i had surgery on july 14th i have a 10cc band placed i have 6cc so far in my band ive lost a total of 40 lbs but im still hungry granted i do eat less but not much im wondering how long did it take anyone with a 10c band to feel the sweet spot im losing app 5lbs a month my Dr. said thats good she says its take awhile b4 u really feel full quickly any advice out there im feeling a little sad i know its only been a little over 3 months but i feeling like i should have lost more then that any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks!:smile2:

You asked for advice...so, here's my two-cents worth: celebrate! I think 40 lbs in little more than three months is a wonderful weight loss! What if you had gained 40 lbs in three months? Wouldn't you be appalled with how fast you were gaining? I guess it's a "glass half-full/half-empty" thing, but I would go for the "half-full" attitude--you'll reach goal eventually. Think how long it took for you to get to your highest weight--why does it feel like loosing it should take less time (I know it does though--we always want what we want asap)? Trust your doctor; she says it's a healthy weight loss.

40lb in 3 months? That's 13lb a month! That's a wonderful rate!! Celebrate!! I know it seems slow and we all want desperately to wake up tomorrow and be slim and svelte but it doesn't work that way. The pounds do add up to loss over time though and the time goes by faster than we realise. Just think, if you were to keep going at your current rate, in 6 months that would be 80lb!! That would be a phenomenal rate of loss! If your rate drops to half its current pace, in six months it will be "only" 60lb - which is 10lb per month - still well over the average of 1-2lb per week!

For example, look at my ticker - its been 11 months for me and 80lb. I'm not the fastest loser in my "month" group, but I'm not the slowest either. I sit right in the middle of the range, which is exactly where I want to be and I'm thrilled with my results so far. You should be too!

PS: If you are really struggling with hunger, eat some fresh salad with each meal. This food is high in fibre, low in fat, will fill you up and satisfy the hunger pangs for much longer than most other foods and you can just about eat as MUCH of it as you want without having to worry about it.

Edited by Fanny Adams

Hi, I have a 10cc band and it took me about eleven months before I felt any restriction. My doctor told me I was doing great though, losing 8-10 lbs per month. (that was average). About three months after that fill, I had to go and have a slight unfill. Fifteen months after banding and 115 lbs gone.

I forgot to add that he put .5 cc's in each month and was up to 10cc's before feeling any restriction. I am now at 9.5 cc.

Watch what you eat and exersize, exersize, exersize. And you will see the scale move downward.

thank you all for the advice i will keep my head up i know its a process that i have to endure good luck to you all and congrats on your weight loss