Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 10, 2008 Band Date

what a difference a day makes! I feel way better today than yesterday, i actually slept last night and love that i was full this morning on 4oz of Protein Shakes lol Glad everyone is doing well..

Goose, I'm so glad you are doing so good! How does it feel to swallow, and how is the stomach feeling?

Goose, I'm so glad you are doing so good! How does it feel to swallow, and how is the stomach feeling?

ironically enough i feel fine internally, i can eat w/o a problem i did eat my Soup a bit too fast and felt the discomfort asap..

if i can just rid myself of this neck/shoulder pain lol

Hi Week2ers, Hope you are all feeling good. Goose I hope you gas pains have subsided.

I have a severe case of the "growlies". I don't feel hungry, though I felt more full yesterday, today I still have the full feeling most of the time. Mostly I have been eating broth with unflavored Protein. Yummy!

Anyone else experiencing the "growlies"?

Yesterday, I felt lots of gas pain in my sides. Today it isn't as obvious. I have pain around my port area and soreness through my midsection. Other than that I am doing really well.

My biggest concern is that I have gained weight. I started the 3 day pre-op liquids at 286, on the morning I left for hospital was 281. The morning after I came home from the hospital I weighed 293!!!!!!! I know I some of it can be attributed to surgery but that seems excessive.

Anyone else experiencing a weight gain?

i had a insignificant gain, but i weighed myself yesterday and i was 5.5 less than my surgery day. However I noticed my stomach bloatness reduced, I also agree with some to watch the broths/soups your eating sodium count..too much will cause some gain/water retention. I’m sure one night it all go away and I won’t be surprised if you see a -7+ on the scale..

Rapid Healing Dec 10th & Week 2 gang!:tongue2:

Wow! Me too! I got home from the hospital yesterday and got on the scale. I had lost 10 lbs during the pre-op diet, but gained it all back. I'm assuming its due to all the IV fluids they had me hooked up to. I'm living on Protein Shakes and broth today. I tried some Protein Powder in my coffee this am. I had a pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks, about a month ago, where they added the Protein powder and I couldn't taste any difference..Well my at home experiment didn't go so well. I had coffee, skim milk and sugar free Torani hazelnut Syrup with the protein powder. It didn't taste good. Maybe I should have used a blender.

I had coffee today. For me coffee, black, counts as a clear liquid. With milk its a full liquid. I couldn't drink much and it didn't taste good because I tried to add a Protein powder to it, like they do at Starbucks. Theirs tastes much better.

Hey there, ho there week 2 team (W2T) hehe, and all Dec bandsters! Decided to not lurk as much and type! I am doing pretty good, still sore at the port site, but the rest of incisions are itching like crazy... which means a healing! Have been dealing with a dry cough, which am taking care of, and yes, Fran, a case of the growlies tooo! Funny what a one/woman/man(for u Pete & Mike)/band our bodies become after this surgery. LOL

So last nite, got a bad case of the chills in the middle of the night, DH got my Mink blanket and covered me, but boy that was strange. Anyone else experience that? Found a great shake style Mega Vitamin at GNC, so add that to my shakes for Protein and Vitamins! Also, at our local GNC, they had Isopures for $1.17 on clearance, cause they expire in Jan. What a deal! Ok, finished ranting, hope our W2T are all doing well, haven't heard from, Mjenkins, Morgan, MaeMae, and a few others, hope all is well!:)

Hey Rosey, I am glad you surfaced! Sorry to hear you are feeling poorly. Nope I haven't had the chills. I am actually feeling really good today. DS and I just came back from a walk. We would have gone further but it started to sprinkle and rather than hear him complain about getting sprinkled on, we just took a short cut home. Sure felt good to get out and walk more than around the block.

My growlies and gas were too much yesterday. I finally had it. I put on my thinking cap and decided the reason I had the growlies was because all of the antibiotics they had IV'd me wiped out all of the beneficial flora in my body. So I went down to the local grocery store in search of some acidophilus but there was none to be found. Instead I found something called "GoodBelly" which claimed to contain lots of Probiotics. Since it was in a drink form I thought I woudl give it a try. I also bought some kiefer. I drank about 2 "GoodBelly" drinks and a tiny bit of kifer. This morning I woke up without any growlies. The gas and colonblow has been reduced by about 90 percent. Hallelulia!

I could have bought activia but that is too thick as I am still on a clear liquid diet. As it was the kiefer was thicker than it should have been and I watered it down.

One last thing postitive thing.... When I left the hospital after surgrey I weighed 293. On the home scale it was 291. This morning my homescals said 280.5 Yipee!!!

Goose, my doctor tells me that I can't have any caffeine because caffeine constricts blood vessels and inhibits healing.

Hope everyone is feeling better and I will keep on the look out for big numbers after everyones body recovers from their surgery.

Hey ya'll... just checking in - 6 days since my surgery date 12/11. I am doing "ok" all things considered!! I am finally past the "don't trust the fart phase" - which is good!! My port site is sure sore (wooooo weeee!) from literally "jumping" up off the couch to run for the bathroom multiple times a day during the first few days. My scars are doing well, just itchie ichie! I am on Protein shakes/clear liquids for 4 weeks post op - my Dr is pretty strict on not rushing to mushies/solids - so I am really looking forward to January 8th when I can actually "eat something" with a spoon or a fork. (Hopefully the holidays will make the time go faster!) I still feel really bloated, just kinda BLAH in the stomach department - keeping the GasX strips handy. I am still sleeping on the recliner/couch - too scared to lay flat in bed - since I am a stomach sleeper and don't want to accidentally roll over!! I cannot pick anything up (if its below my knees) because it stretches the port scar/muscle and gives a little "twinge". I weighed in this morning - I am down just over a pound since surgery day - so I guess that is a good thing. I think I am done rambling... hope everyone else is doing good - take care!

does anyone know when we can have coffee again?? I can use a small stabucks skinny latte lol

My doc allows coffee and tea. I've been alternating between Decaf and christmas blend black with non fat milk and splenda. Yumm..

I know the skinny lattes are like 90 calories each. I think just black with non fat and splenda is less. Not sure though.

My doc allows coffee and tea. I've been alternating between Decaf and christmas blend black with non fat milk and splenda. Yumm..

I know the skinny lattes are like 90 calories each. I think just black with non fat and splenda is less. Not sure though.

Lucky u!!

i just re-read all my post-op material and i cant find anything that says when i can have coffee again! Thursday is my 1 week post op appt im asking him then... as there just so happens to be a SB in the corner! :thumbup:

Happy 1 week Bandaversary Guys!! :smile2:

Anyone get official weights yet? My 1 week appt is tomorrow so i'll post my weight then, however the Wii says I’ve lost!:biggrin:

So how was everyone’s 1st week?

Yes...Happy Bandiversary...1st Week 'Out" W2T, Congrats!!!

I am ecstatic to report for duty with these reports...

Down 12 lbs and am in Onederland!!! (Have not seen in YEARS)

PCP visit yesterday...taken off BSugar Med, Cholesterol Med and now can half BP Med! No more $100. Prescription Bills!

Feeling pretty good, walking 25+ min a day, working on getting in all nutrients, got a Mega Vitamin powder to add to shakes!

Ok...now the challenges...dealing with the itchiness, Doc told me cocoa butter or benadryl cream, making sure to get all Water in, and preparing for hubby's work Christmas party on Sunday nite!

Thank you to all the Bandsters this month, I really appreciate our (W2T) comradeship to walk thru each step together, comparing notes, getting hints/helps and someone to explain our pain!:shades_smile: