Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Already fell off the wagon...

As bad as it is that you cheated, it made me feel somewhat better!!lol I was doing really good, listening completely and thinking wow! this isnt hard at all, so glad i got banded(on oct 27 btw) then 2 days ago(8 days banded)i still didnt have a bm and was getting bad pain in my lower abdomen R side and got worried, called doc, told to take Miralax. I did that night, next morning and AGAIN that night. I went 3 times,very little each time,the pain subsided some. (oh, and I found out not by my doc but by this site that codeine can make you constipated so I stopped that 2 days ago)

I got VERY hungry! My diet is full liquids until Saturday then to soft for 2 weeks. I knewww I could handle more than liquids NOW and I was extremely tired of liquids! So I made myself 2 servings of instant mashed potatoes thinking I would never be able to eat that much. I even added a piece of swiss cheese into potatoes for a little extra texture and taste. I ate it all and pretty fast too. Ok. Why didnt I get sick and throw it up like i hear so often people do if they overeat just a "LITTLE"? I'm not done yet. My husband made turnips and mashed potatoes, pork chops, and green Beans. The BBQ Sauce on the chops smelled soooo good.....

Yes. I cut up half a pork chop into little pieces, had some turnip/potato mash and green beans and looved it. Wow. I still wasnt umm overstuffed. Later I had a FULL glass 16oz of choclate milk with malt added to it. Ok, there, i spilled the beans.

I called my doc this am and told about the pain in abdomen and about going off liquid with some "mashed potatoes". I was told "go back to your diet and stick with that". ok.

Later that morn, i had 3 LARGE bowel movement, my stomach feels much better, not perfect but better and I am back to, heavy sigh, liquids.

Maybe there is no advice here, but maybe you feel a little better now?lol I do.

The reason we need to be on liquids only for the time stated is to allow the stitches around the band to settle. Eat 'normal' foods too soon and you cause the stomach to swing into action digesting it all. That motion can cause the stitches to pull. That can lead to band slippage and I've been told you don't even know straight away, necessarily, that it has slipped, but might not know for a year!

I can understand the hunger. I have it. I can also understand that I am an adult who chose to do this. If you eat solid foods before time, then you aren't really doing your part in this.

(I can understand the hunger. I have it. I can also understand that I am an adult who chose to do this. If you eat solid foods before time, then you aren't really doing your part in this. Yesterday 02:13 PM)Ummm....:sad:ok, thank you for the scolding? I think I'll use another quote for a response........

(I'm already aware that I need to let my body heal, which is why I feel awful about what I did today. I also know that I'm going to be hungry. Mostly, I know that I'm human and this won't be the last time I "F" up. If all of us were set in "self control department", none of us would have to have this surgery in the first place. Nor would we need a website that offers support and encouragement.)

As I stated, I am back on track. My mind went retro for a bit, but the adult side of me took over and all is well.....for now:thumbup:(or is he too childish?)

..... a website that offers support and encouragement.)

That's right and great job on getting back on track. We are hear to listen even when you just need to confess. None of us are perfect. Keep posting!!!

group hug:grouphug:

Support and encouragement are great, we all need it, but sometimes we need to be told things aren't right as well. Some times the truth hurts, doesn't mean I'm not supporting you.

Well, I can say I've fallen off too. I was banded 9-25-08. I had my 1st fill Tuesday. I don't feel much different :-(.

I agree that we wouldn't all be here if we didn't have problems w/ self control when it comes to food. That's how we all got overweight in the 1st place.

I feel your pain. I wanna bash my head through the wall today because I just want to eat! :rolleyes2: Not because I'm hungry, just because I'm bored, sad, lonely whatever. THIS SUCKS! We all have to try our best & look to each other for help. :thumbup:

My doctor said something that helped me avoid that pitfall. Maybe it'll help you, too. He said if I stretch the pouch too much before restriction, it may cause slippage. That was a major scare for me, so, despite HUNGER, I've managed to keep my binging to sugar free popcicles and puddings.

Linda:redface: