Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Brand new here and really angered by...

good point SnT...

my sister was married in a huge bru-ha-ha Catholic church wedding... the marriage lasted less than 3 years...

i married in the St. Louis County courthouse on a beautiful Wednesday afternoon... we've been married for 10 years (11 in February)...

so the whole "marriage" (church) vs "civil union" (non-church) is just insignificant. who the hell should care where you are married or who you are marrying... a good grade school term... MYOB....

It took you getting partially through this thread to get annoyed? What took you so long? :unsure::D

I don't believe that I beat anyone over the head with the bible. I state what God has to say on the issues. The reason you all don't like that is because you know He is right. He's God. He created you and everyone in this world so when he says something is wrong, how could you argue with that? I certainly know how it is to desire something and be told,"No", but sometimes a no answer is for your own good.

It is ok with me if you don't like the things I have to say that I feel God would like you to know. It's about time that people stopped pussyfooting around these issues and called sin for what it really is. I am not afraid to do that and for this you hate me and make fun of my faith and accuse me of being a bible pusher.

Pattygreen,

One problem I have with you is the way you come across. There are better ways of sharing your beliefs with people, many of whom have been taught the same as you but may not believe it as literally as you do. You are attacking people by telling them what they do is "sinning" or they are "sinners". This is not Church or Sunday School. It comes across as a bit extreme. Is that how your church expects all people to behave? Are you a novice? Nancy:smile:

Nancy, what you say is spot on. People don't come to lbt to be preached at, and that is what appears to be happening in this thread. If they want to hear a sermon, they will go to church.

Sick N Tired,

I was born in DC so I got the best of both worlds, I got to deal with people from all over the world. It's a very transient area with people moving from different parts of the US and the world. I live in NY now but I still feel my roots are DC. Some of the posts recently from the southern states seem to be the ones that have been against gay marriage and that's where I drew my conclusions about that stereotype. Sorry if I am wrong just what I happen to have noticed here.

Nancy, what you say is spot on. People don't come to lbt to be preached at, and that is what appears to be happening in this thread. If they want to hear a sermon, they will go to church.

Thanks Susan,

I went through 12 years of Catholic school and had some pretty tough nuns but nothing compares to some of this I've been reading! Some scary stuff!!:D

I don't believe that I beat anyone over the head with the bible. I state what God has to say on the issues. The reason you all don't like that is because you know He is right. He's God. He created you and everyone in this world so when he says something is wrong, how could you argue with that? I certainly know how it is to desire something and be told,"No", but sometimes a no answer is for your own good.

It is ok with me if you don't like the things I have to say that I feel God would like you to know. It's about time that people stopped pussyfooting around these issues and called sin for what it really is. I am not afraid to do that and for this you hate me and make fun of my faith and accuse me of being a bible pusher.

Ohhmmmmm, patty said pussy...footing.

I'm Christian but I believe in a loving God. I can't believe he would make anyone gay and not love them also. Aren't we ALL made in His image?

Um and we stole these United States from the Native Americans. The notion that this country can only be Christian and your specific translation of Christianity is ridiculously naive. The boat has long since sailed on this issue considering all of the cornucopia of nationalities and religions represented in the U.S.

Two women or two men wanting to marry to have legal rights [Beth] that come with the word marriage is not remotely the same as being a pedophile.

I'm not sure if you inserted my name based on the "rights" argument or the pedophile one. I'll address both, however.

If anybody can show me where marriage between whomever wants to marry is a right, please show me because I have had this same argument for some years with others on other message boards. Nobody anywhere has ever been able to prove that "marriage is a right."

As for the pedophile argument, I only brought that one up because NAMBLA themselves were trying to piggyback on the "right to marriage" arguments that the homosexual community has brought to the foreground as a springboard for their own agenda. It's not my comparison, it's theirs. I hope that makes sense.

good point SnT...

my sister was married in a huge bru-ha-ha Catholic church wedding... the marriage lasted less than 3 years...

i married in the St. Louis County courthouse on a beautiful Wednesday afternoon... we've been married for 10 years (11 in February)...

so the whole "marriage" (church) vs "civil union" (non-church) is just insignificant. who the hell should care where you are married or who you are marrying... a good grade school term... MYOB....

my husbands first marriage was also a bru-ha-ha wedding: evangelical christian (assembly of god). that lasted 2yrs or was it 2 seconds...

we got married in vegas, by a tom jones wannabe , in yr 8. i'll still keep him around.:D

his sister has been with her partner since BEFORE his first wedding. they got us beat in his family on the longest relationship...just sayin'''

Pattygreen,

One problem I have with you is the way you come across. There are better ways of sharing your beliefs with people, many of whom have been taught the same as you but may not believe it as literally as you do. You are attacking people by telling them what they do is "sinning" or they are "sinners". This is not Church or Sunday School. It comes across as a bit extreme. Is that how your church expects all people to behave? Are you a novice? Nancy:smile:

I feel that we can believe what we believe Biblically/spiritually/religiously, and that's one thing. However, the way I feel about it, I have no right to lable a sinner. That, to me, is the judgment that God talks about that we are not to do. God knows people's hearts, not us. For me to lable another person as a sinner (even if I disagree with a lifestyle or behavior or whatever) is, to me, a big no-no. NOBODY is blameless. So to say, "You're a sinner," the one accusing themselves is committing a sin, imo. Huge problem.

I thought this was the "let fly" board. I'm sorry if you're offended, but I get offended every day by something somebody says somewhere and don't try to dictate what should or should not be discussed someplace. I don't think LBT is the place for politics either, but I'm not running over to the politics threads and whining about it. I just stay out of it now that the elections are over.

I feel that we can believe what we believe Biblically/spiritually/religiously, and that's one thing. However, the way I feel about it, I have no right to lable a sinner. That, to me, is the judgment that God talks about that we are not to do. God knows people's hearts, not us. For me to lable another person as a sinner (even if I disagree with a lifestyle or behavior or whatever) is, to me, a big no-no. NOBODY is blameless. So to say, "You're a sinner," the one accusing themselves is committing a sin, imo. Huge problem.

SO VERY nice, it had to be said twice....

It took you getting partially through this thread to get annoyed? What took you so long? :unsure::D

OK honestly.....took me very little time to be annoyed/angered. Took me that long to get so impatient that I had to post!!!!!!

Beth - it had to do with your continual statement of "marriage is not a right." As I said above, there are rights that come to 2 people that are married. I will defer to Ready's very thorough earlier posts about what those rights are. (You rock, RSG!)

NAMBLA has to do with men + children; we continually mention the rights of two consenting ADULTS (humans).

she needed directions .... :tt1:

OK honestly.....took me very little time to be annoyed/angered. Took me that long to get so impatient that I had to post!!!!!!

Beth - it had to do with your continual statement of "marriage is not a right." As I said above, there are rights that come to 2 people that are married. I will defer to Ready's very thorough earlier posts about what those rights are. (You rock, RSG!)

NAMBLA has to do with men + children; we continually mention the rights of two consenting ADULTS (humans).

Okay, I wasn't sure because the pedophile thing was in the same sentence to me as the rights thing was.

And I'm sorry it's a "continual statement," but the fact is that marriage is not a Constitutionally protected right. It just isn't. If it was, there wouldn't be ANY restrictions on it whatsoever, and we all know there are. I don't say this to piss you off, it's just the facts.