Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Brand new here and really angered by...

No, the law doesn't work that way. (Thank goodness.)

It was 52% of the people. To try to pin it on one or two minority groups is offensive to me. Plenty of white people voted for this abomination.

Of course it is. Otherwise, the status quo would have been maintained. There is no need for Prop 8 if you don't want to challenge gay people's way of life.

Unless your partner is in a hospital outside of CA. That's not the only difference. There are tons of differences between a domestic partnership and a marriage.

Right. It's about changing the constitution to make a few people feel comfortable and keep gay people out of their exclusive club. :eek:

Here we go again, comparing being gay to being a pedophile. :thumbup:

Except I already said it was about legal rights, not symbolism. If the state only recognized civil unions, for gay and straight people, and marriage were some spiritual thing, I'd be fine with that. But the state is in the marriage business and therefore it's wrong to single out a whole group of people and say "no Soup for you."

More offensive crap comparing being gay to incest and bestiality.

First of all, the law of the land says that elected judges get to decide certain topics. The people agreed to those laws and elected those judges. That's the way our system works. It's not some perversion of justice as you imply.

Secondly, the idea that this will never change is just ridiculous. Every year there is less and less support for prohibiting gay marriage, not more. I predict in 10 years or less, gay marriage will be legal in CA and quite a few other states it's not legal in now as well. It's definitely going to change; it's already changing in other states.

Mac you always seem to say the things that I want to say thanks!!! Nancy:smile:

I really don't understand how people can say in one breath that they have "friends" and "relatives" who "they love" who are gay but they still don't want them to have the same rights as straight people do in this country.

All I can say is "wake up and smell the coffee" because it's coming. And also people are born gay they don't choose it and I hope to God for your children's sake that none of them are born gay as they will have a difficult time within their own family and that would be very sad.:frown:Nancy, who is extremely proud of her daughter who happens to be gay and wants her to have the same rights as she does!!!

.:frown:Nancy, who is extremely proud of her daughter who happens to be gay and wants her to have the same rights as she does!!!

your a good mom brandy!!!!! (can't stop calling ya brandy vs nanook)..

I really don't understand how people can say in one breath that they have "friends" and "relatives" who "they love" who are gay but they still don't want them to have the same rights as straight people do in this country.

All I can say is "wake up and smell the coffee" because it's coming. And also people are born gay they don't choose it and I hope to God for your children's sake that none of them are born gay as they will have a difficult time within their own family and that would be very sad.:frown:Nancy, who is extremely proud of her daughter who happens to be gay and wants her to have the same rights as she does!!!

People have a right to believe as they wish and vote based on those beliefs. Isn't that what America is all about?

Patty Green I could care less what you think God Ordained. Blah Blah the bible, Blah Blah. I wish people would stop speaking for God, I'm sure he finds it rude. I would if someone was talking about something they really knew nothing about using my Name.

RSG - i love the way you think! :thumbup::thumbup:

People have a right to believe as they wish and vote based on those beliefs. Isn't that what America is all about?

As long as all Americans are given equal rights:thumbup:

I can marry in my state and feel that gay people should be able to marry in my state along with the other 49! That's it!!:eek:

I respect marriage, I've been married for 26 years to the same person and my parents were married for over 25 years until my mother's death. The priest would not marry us as we were "living in sin" for two years prior to our marriage. My children have been raised in a family with mom and dad living and loving each other for that amount of time. It's natural for them to one day possibly marry themselves. We're an oddity amongst their friends' because most do not come from homes where their parents are still married and still care for each other. If my daughter one day wants to marry someone of the same sex I want it to be legal and will do what I can to further that movement, Nancy.

Edited by Nanook

For RSG: Let me tell you first, that God does not find it rude that I speak His word. He would like it if more people did.

I don't ignore any of the verses in the bible. God made alot of laws for the people in old testament days when he wrote Leviticus. Many of them were rediculously hard to follow, but men in those days did try. They had to sacrifice many sheep to atone for all the laws they couldn't follow which became sin for them. God put these laws upon men to show them that they needed a savior because they wouldn't be able to obey Him. The old testament men looked forward to a time when the savior would come and free them from the bondage of sins. And christians today look back to the cross and what God did for us there. When Jesus came and set mankind free, he abolished many of those old testament laws, like: do not eat pork, or resting on the Sabbath, ( If you'll notice, the ten commandments written in the old testament said 'Honor the Sabbath', but when written in the new testament, it leaves that out.) My point in saying this is: Jesus set mankind free from many of those laws in the OT and clarified in the NT those things that needed to be followed in order to inherit God's Kingdom and be allowed into heaven one day.

Read Romans Chapter 1 in the NT. It speaks about God's disgust with men and or women who have sexual relations with the same sex. This was not one of the laws in the OT that God has changed. You'll notice that Jesus would say things like this to his followers "Moses taught this... but I say you who has not sinned, cast the first stone." concerning many of the OT laws. But He specifically said that the sexually immoral shall not inherit God's kingdom.

Thankfully, for those who sin ( and we all do) Jesus can wash your sins away. Acknowledge that you are sinning, Believe in God, confess and ask forgiveness. It will be just as if you never sinned. It's that easy. But you must turn from it.

Also, I do submit to my husband in all things. He is the head of our family. He respects me and I respect him. Someone needs to make that final decision when 2 married people disagree on an issue. I choose to follow Gods rule on this and it always turns out for the best.

Edited by pattygreen

I can marry in my state and feel that gay people should be able to marry in my state along with the other 49! That's it!!:eek:

I respect marriage, I've been married for 26 years to the same person and my parents were married for over 25 years until my mother's death. The priest would not marry us as we were "living in sin" for two years prior to our marriage. My children have been raised in a family with mom and dad living and loving each other for that amount of time. It's natural for them to one day possibly marry themselves. We're an oddity amongst their friends' because most do not come from homes where their parents are still married and still care for each other. If my daughter one day wants to marry someone of the same sex I want it to be legal and will do what I can to further that movement, Nancy.

And I understand that.

However, marriage is not a Constitutional right. Therefore, the people must speak. And like it or not, the people spoke.

For RSG: Let me tell you first, that God does not find it rude that I speak His word. He would like it if more people did.

I don't ignore any of the verses in the bible. God made alot of laws for the people in old testament days when he wrote Leviticus. Many of them were rediculously hard to follow, but men in those days did try. They had to sacrifice many sheep to atone for all the laws they couldn't follow which became sin for them. God put these laws upon men to show them that they needed a savior because they wouldn't be able to obey Him. The old testament men looked forward to a time when the savior would come and free them from the bondage of sins. And christians today look back to the cross and what God did for us there. When Jesus came and set mankind free, he abolished many of those old testament laws, like: do not eat pork, or resting on the Sabbath, ( If you'll notice, the ten commandments written in the old testament said 'Honor the Sabbath', but when written in the new testament, it leaves that out.) My point in saying this is: Jesus set mankind free from many of those laws in the OT and clarified in the NT those things that needed to be followed in order to inherit God's Kingdom and be allowed into heaven one day.

Read Romans Chapter 1 in the NT. It speaks about God's disgust with men and or women who have sexual relations with the same sex. This was not one of the laws in the OT that God has changed. You'll notice that Jesus would say things like this to his followers "Moses taught this... but I say you who has not sinned, cast the first stone." concerning many of the OT laws. But He specifically said that the sexually immoral shall not inherit God's kingdom.

Thankfully, for those who sin ( and we all do) Jesus can wash your sins away. Acknowledge that you are sinning, Believe in God, confess and ask forgiveness. It will be just as if you never sinned. It's that easy. But you must turn from it.

Also, I do submit to my husband in all things. He is the head of our family. He respects me and I respect him. Someone needs to make that final decision when 2 married people disagree on an issue. I choose to follow Gods rule on this and it always turns out for the best.

Thank you, Patty. I think it will fall on many deaf (or angry) ears, but all views should be welcome her, right?

RSG well done!!!

I'm sure it fell on deaf (or angry) ears, but I am sure that they welcome your right to say it.

Nancy, your daughter is lucky to have such a supportive mom.

My daughter had a girlfriend in high school whose brother, a year younger, was gay. His parents were Evangelical Christians and very active in their church. When their son went to them and asked them how God could make him be a gay person when their minister said it was wrong in God's eyes, they were shocked. They had no idea that he considered himself a homosexual.

They took him for counseling with their minister. They got him professional counseling with a psychiatrist who gave him antidepressants. The parents insisted that he chose to be gay and that with a lot of prayer and guidance, he could live a "normal" heterosexual life. It was a year of pure hell for poor Chris.

Chris was gay. Period. He did not choose it to test his parents. He did not choose it because he just wanted an alternative lifestyle. No drugs or instruction from anyone could make him un-gay. When he explained that to his parents, they threw him out of the house - at age 16. They told him that as far as they were concerned, they had no son.

Chris lived on the streets for a couple of years. His sister and my daughter helped him as much as they could, secretly because they knew the parents would throw their daughter out and ban my daughter from their house if they knew they had given any help to Chris.

He wound up on drugs. He had no self-esteem. In fact, he hated himself for what he was. He contracted aids. He is getting governmental assistance in a program that my sister runs. Otherwise I doubt that he would be alive today. Not that living is something he wants to do very much.

I am pretty sure that his parents and that minister are going to hell for what they did to Chris.

BJean, if there is a hell, they definitely belong there!!!