Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So, Nymphs...plastic surgery?

I'm just curious. If you could have ANY kind of plastic surgery and money was not an issue - you could have WHATEVER YOU WANTED, what would you get? I'm thinking if my tummy doesn't go totally flat that I'd consider a LBL. I also know for sure that I want Lipo on my thighs/hips/butt - I've always hated that area even when I was skinny.

So...share. :blush:

Tummy Tuck for me for sure. Even after I had my kids and got back down to a size 6 (I really was!), my tummy was totally stretched out. My babies weighed almost 9 1/2 pounds each and left my tummy looking like a deflated balloon. Even at that weight, my thighs and hips were big. I was always a pear shape. I did Lipo back then and was not happy with the results. It left fat pockets above my knees that were not there before. I heard afterwards that the thighs do not have as good results as the tummy or hips do. If I could do a thigh lift without all the pain, I would consider it. I heard that an incision is made in the groin area and I don't think I'm up for that. A plastic surgeon is giving a seminar at my doc's office next month. I may go to see what he has to say.

Edited by cindyg1212

Ha, here is my list in the order I would have each surgery: ( ok so I have given this some thought before you asked) LOL

1)Face/neck lift ( I have a consult tomorrow)

2)Thigh lift ( I will only consider a groin incision, b/c I don;t want to trade off the loose skin for a long incision down my leg)

3) Panni ( I hate the belly fat that hangs)

4) Arm lift ( only if they could get improvement with the armpit incision, again I wont trade a long scar down the arm.

5) Boob lift ( no implants). Now this is only b/c you said money is no object. Boobs, no matter what I wear are held up in bra/bathing suit.

Edited by shortgal

Thighs, arms and belly, even though it's not too bad. I think the thighs are arms won't improve with more weight loss or exercise whereas I think the belly might. My face isn't too bad but I would consider botox to give it a bit of a lift.

I am DEFINATELY getting a Tummy Tuck and boob lift. I stand naked in the bathroom every morning and pull my belly flap up with one hand and my boobs with the other to see how I will look. Right now, I feel like a Shar Pei. Also, boobs look like socks glued to my chest. I would like to have them lifted and made into perky C cups, rather than droopy Ds. The thought of walking around without a bra is remarkable to me.

I am apple-shaped, so I am hoping that butt and thighs will not be needing work. Arms are another issue, but I have to keep telling myself that I am almost 50 and that it is unreasonable to want to look like a 25 year old. Also, who want to put up with the risk and pain from all those surgeries.

I had my ps consult today ( my second one) and I am going to schedule the surgery for Dec 3rd. The Dr. says I should be fine for the holidays so I did not want to wait until after the new year.

I am having a face/neck lift. I carried a lot of weight in my face and was considering a neck lift before I lost any weight. My flabby neck is partly a result of genetics and partly just my anatomy (the overall shape of my face/neck and my weight loss.)

I wish I could spend the $$$ on other parts of my body, but we cannot hide our faces under clothes, so.....

I liked how this Dr. explained the neck muscles and looked at my hairline as an individual and will adjust some of the procedure to suit me and not just do the same procedure as on every patient. I also liked the price from this Dr. better :thumbup:

It's a female Dr. and I felt comfortable that she understood the concerns that females have. She has had some work done on her eyes, so she's been through some of it herself.

I'll be nervous and excited as it gets close and hoping that I love my new face in this year's christmas photos!

Edited by shortgal

Judy, can you post before and after photos? I was thinking about my chin too. I got a double one which I never had before. I had neck surgery a couple of years ago and my chin won't firm up even with the weight loss. It still feels numb since the neck surgery so I think muscles were cut that can't regenerate.

Cindy, I doubt I will post photos on the forum, but after the surgery I will email them to you.

I have a "turkey waddle" piece of skin that I hate. It has those "crepe" like lines.

As the Dr. explained to me, it's partly just the anatomy of my neck, combined with age and the weight loss.

The surgery will fix my neck to the extent that my individual anatomy allows and as a bonus the lower portion of my face (jowls) which also has fallen with age and weight loss will also be improved. I consider that a bonus as I really am focused on my neck.

I was going to wait until after the holidays, but the Dr said I should be presentable in 7 to 10 days and 2 weeks at most. So why wait?

What type of neck surgery did you have?

The surgeon I saw says there are options that people don't always know about, like liposuction that can improve areas with less surgery and lower costs. Maybe that would help a double chin?

She will use a natural crease that I have just in front of my ear to help hide the incision and the rest will be behind my ear and in the scalp. I saw a closeup photo of another patient and it is very difficult to detect the scar. She said usually the only one to know is your hairdresser except that other people notice the improvement in how you look.

I am DEFINATELY getting a Tummy Tuck and boob lift. I stand naked in the bathroom every morning and pull my belly flap up with one hand and my boobs with the other to see how I will look. Right now, I feel like a Shar Pei. Also, boobs look like socks glued to my chest. I would like to have them lifted and made into perky C cups, rather than droopy Ds. The thought of walking around without a bra is remarkable to me.

I am apple-shaped, so I am hoping that butt and thighs will not be needing work. Arms are another issue, but I have to keep telling myself that I am almost 50 and that it is unreasonable to want to look like a 25 year old. Also, who want to put up with the risk and pain from all those surgeries.

Foofy,

Your post made me laugh! I do the same thing in the mirror all the time. I lift my thighs and belly and think how I could wear a cute one piece bathing suit ( the kind without the little skirt to hide things) if they were fixed.

My husband is more fixated on my boobs than I am as I would never go without a bra even if I could.

Funny but the back side of my legs are not bad, but the front of my thighs are very baggy and loose. I would accept even a 50% improvement as like you I know I am not 25 anymore.

I'm not concerned with my boobs either. They're not too bad and the only one who will appreciate the boob job would be my husband. Since he won't be the one going under the knife, too bad! My thighs have always been an issue for me. Getting a thigh lift makes me nervous. I will ask the plastic surgeon what's involved. Gotta do that tummy. Like you guys, I stand in front of the mirror lifting it up, pulling the love handles sideways, etc.

Judy, I had 2 discs repaired in my neck. A few years ago, I got hit from behind by an old lady. 2 discs herniated and the pain got so bad that I finally caved in and had surgery. The surgeon went through the front of the neck and that area has been numb and swollen ever since. I thought I would ask the surgeon about that too. If Lipo would do the trick, that would be great!

Sounds exciting, you guys! I wish I was going in for something - an improvement on my lower body would be nice. I just have to keep being patient, I suppose. :|

Ow Cindy, that surgery must have been painful, I hope it at least improved your neck pain.

I think you might have to visit a few surgeons, they all train in different places and have different opinions and ways of getting similiar results.

The other surgeon I saw never mentioned liposuction, now that doesn't mean he doesn't do it but just didn't talk about with me for my face.

so I guess the question to ask any surgeon would be

"are there other alternative procedures that can help you get some improvement".

Then it's just a matter of how much improvement you are willing to accept.

That's how I feel about my thighs. I would not want the long incision down the inside of my thigh and would rather accept 50% improvement with the groin incision.

Now that's just me, some people would accept and might need the long incision for better results.

Everything is a trade off!

I screwed up my surgery date and had to change it to Dec 10th ( not happy that I'm getting even closer to christmas) but I completely forgot we have a wedding to attend Dec 5th. The new date will give me 2 weeks to christmas, so I hope I don't bruise too much. I'm just gonna go for it and worry about the rest and the holidays as it comes.

Oh yes. I want plastic surgery.

1. Thigh lift

2. Boob lift

3. Maybe Tummy Tuck

I want botox or rejuvenate but I won't count that as surgery.

I plan on having surgery after I pay off my lap band loan.

Thanks Shalee, I have been following your journey on your thread.

My recovery should be fairly simple, a face lift "supposedly" is fairly easy compared to the body procedures.

I wish I could focus (spend the money on my thighs) first but you can't hide the face in clothes.

Will you post photos on your thread? It is amazing to me to see flat tummies on everyone and how much skin and belly fat can be removed.