Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone,

I've been a member of this site for a while now but Ive been kind of quite, Im 30 and from montreal,canada. I got band on september 8, 2008 and let me tell you I tought I was ready for the surgery, but I had no idea the pain was gonna be this bad:eek: Thankfully it got better after a week! Since surgery Im doing great, I don't have problems with food getting stuck or ennything. I've had my first fill about 4 weeks ago and Im going for another one in 2 weeks since Im not feeling restriction yet. Maybe I am a little but Im not really sure what Im feeling, for all my life I never felt full after eating a meal, so its hard for me to tell if I am or not feeling full(if this makes enny sens)... I've lost only 15 pound since surgery :blush: this past few days have been harder for me, I have to get my act together and get back on track.

So if someone wants to chat about life, Im here!

Julie

Hi Julie, I'm Julie....from North Dakota. glad to have you here.... I was banded a bit before you on 8-21 and am doing pretty well.. But I still have pain... I think from the port and from having to have a full incision rather than the laproscopic thing.. Dr says it will just take a while longer... So, I try to be a trooper, but it gets old... Can you tell me a bit more about yourself, like your age and what kind of journey you will be on. I have lost 51 pounds with about 156 to go... It seems like a long ways to go, but looking ahead is always that way... The past two months have gone by rather fast now that I can look back on them..... Glad you meet you and hope we can support each other along the way.. Julie

Hi Julie, I'm Julie....from North Dakota. glad to have you here.... I was banded a bit before you on 8-21 and am doing pretty well.. But I still have pain... I think from the port and from having to have a full incision rather than the laproscopic thing.. Dr says it will just take a while longer... So, I try to be a trooper, but it gets old... Can you tell me a bit more about yourself, like your age and what kind of journey you will be on. I have lost 51 pounds with about 156 to go... It seems like a long ways to go, but looking ahead is always that way... The past two months have gone by rather fast now that I can look back on them..... Glad you meet you and hope we can support each other along the way.. Julie

Hello Julie,

what can I say about me, I haven't been overweight all my life like some others have, actually I started gaining weight when I got my own appartment and it really got out of control when I first started dating my bf, like 7 years ago. Before I was not super skinny but more of a Jennifer Lopez type, big ass:thumbup:... I've been thinking about the lapband for about 2 years now, the first year I was on a waithing list for a study for a new lapband, but the study kept on getting pushed back. See in Quebec, we have a healthcare system that cover most of the surgery, but to ge eligible you have to have a BMI over 40 and other medical condition. I didn't have a BMI of 40, so thats why I tought my only chance was the study on the new lapband. last may the study got officialy canceled, but they sent my file to a private practice were I could have the surgery but will have to pay for it. I met the surgeon and he saw I was a good candidate even if I didn't have a 40 bmi, so he manage to make me have the surgery in the public healty system the only thing I had to pay was the band itself. My BMI was around 37, its not very hight but I tried everything to lose weight and nothing worked + if I didn't lose the weight I didn't want children so everyone knew this was important to me. I have around 50 pound to lose now, and I know its not gonna be easy because its going down really slow now.

What else, oh yeah this is funny, when I wrote my introduction, I said I was lucky because I had never had food stuck, but guess what, its now midnight and Im sure I have something stuck, I have nausea, I can't lay down because it makes me feel worst.... I think I should just have shut up:thumbdown:

tell me more about you.

Julie

It's been a long time since I was only 50 pounds from my desired weight, but I've heard that those are the hardest ones to lose (especially the last 25!)... So to me, this means you are going to have to count on it being slow. I take a little comfort in that as it is encouraging to know that the slower the loss, the better chance the weight will stay off.. Don't know if I'm accurate about that, but my experience is that fast (fad diets) always leads to disaster.... So let's hope that's true and be happy to be going down........... I'm a 56 year old wife, mother and grandmother who is retired from active employment. I do daycare for my 18 month old granddaughter... and take care of our rental property business.. I have lots of time to eat, which has been a big problem in the past. I seem to have that under control now. I love to cook and bake, but have tried to tone that down now, too.... I'm thinking I might be getting my first fill on 11-7, but don't know for sure. I don't feel as though I have a lot of restriction anymore, but am still losing weight at a reasonable rate.. She wants to see me and we will decide that day. You have a good day and we'll share later.. I wish I know how to do the personal e-mail between just us.. but I don't. Take care.......... Julie