Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am stalking my Fill doctor

you mean your follow up care/fills arent included in your total fees you paid...? Wow. I didnt know Dr's did that. The one I am planning on going to hist total for self pay is 16950 and 1 yr of follow ups/fills etc...

But back on track, I hope everything works out good for you. Stalk him! ha ha, nah I hope he is there to help you.

Here's there to help! I see him at 2pm today...yay! Thanks!

Jenn, I was banded in TJ, Mexico by Dr Kuri. Since I live in North Carolina, I'm getting fills here at $200 a pop for non-flouro. My surgery includes free fills for life, but I have to fly to TJ and pay $70 hospital fee for the flouro. So I save on airfare and time by seeing a local doc for fills. AND like a good little Mexican Bandster I had my follow-along lined up BEFORE I went to Mexico...yay me! Anyhow, that's what all that is about. :)

So I call the Doc's office this morning first thing and he's in surgery on Monday and Tuesday, they will fit me in at 2pm on Wednesday...augghh!! I take my daughter to her God's Kids Vacation Bible School thing she attends every Monday this summer, and get back, and the doc's office has called...wahooo! Doc can see me at 2pm today!!!! I jumped for joy! Okay, not very high but I did a little skip down the hallway that made my hubby laugh...great! He's not supposed to see those things! Me? Skipping?!

Anyhow, appparently, a guy called the Doc over the weekend who was also overfilled, and the office didn't know yet that the doc made arrangements to see him at 2pm today. When they found out, the nurse called me and I'll be surprising the doc with my presence today. I'm so relieved I don't have to wait until Wednesday!

So, now it's time for a shower and I'll be scooting out of here at 12:30. Hubby is home today, so it's works out great! ta-ta for now!!

Can you just see the happiness oozing through the screen?!!!!! LOL

Making me smile here with the skipping.. Hope everything works out for you..

how'd I miss this?

Sorry to hear about your too-tight fill!

My first fill was 2ccs as well, but she imediately had to take out some because I was stuck on Water.

She pulled out more a few days later, so I have 1 cc in my band. Some days I think I'm fine, other days I wish I had more restriction, and then there was this weekend....

Hope you get relief soon!

I officailly weigh just .4cc less than I did several hours ago, but AHHHHHH the relief!!!! I ate egg drop Soup (about a pint) for supper and feel comfortably full and totally NOT stuck! yippeee!! And I drank almost an entire 24 ounce bottle of Water on the way home. It's only an hour and a half drive and I had to make a potty stop!!! I also downed my Boost right there in the doc's office after my fill. hehe! As the doc was leaving the room, I was sitting there drinking my Boost with a big sigh of relief and the doc said "water for 3 days". "Water?" I replied? He said with a smile "Liquids" I must have had this huge grin of relief on my face because the nurse asked me if I didn't like Water, I said, "No, water's great. I'm just HUNGRY!" She laughed. So on to Boost, Egg Drop Soup, broth, Water, Crystal Light, Adkins shakes, etc. for 3 days. I can deal with this.

So today for the unfill, he tried to pull out the 2cc he put in and had me do a crunch on the table, to push my stomach against the band and push the saline out into the tubing so he could pull it. Interesting! Then he had me sit up, WITH the needle in!, and down a cup of water. He pushed the saline in until I said "Ooooo, stuck!" then drew it out until I said "Ahhhh, unstuck!" and the final dose was a 1.6cc fill, so a .4cc Unfill. What a day!

Oh, and the unfill was the same price as the fill...200 smackeroos. shucks. US docs sure ain't MX docs! I gratefully paid. Now I'll just make this one last! :)

As long as I can drink, I'll make it through. It will be interesting to see what my restriction is like on soft mushies. Guacamole, here I come!

I just LOVE to eat!!!! I don't need alot, like I did pre-band, just let me enjoy some food! Just a little bit!!!

Thanks for all your support everyone. It's fun to come here and give my report. you know, it's like journaling. It's great when at least a few folks read what you have written and are following you with encouragement, but getting it out of my head and "on paper" if you will, is very therapeutic! Now I can quit thinking about it and move along :) sort of...LOL :D

So today for the unfill, he tried to pull out the 2cc he put in and had me do a crunch on the table, to push my stomach against the band and push the saline out into the tubing so he could pull it

what the heck... is this a new thing?

And I cant believe he charged another 200 bucks? OMG!

Oh well, at least you are "fixed"!

And my Dr. worked me in today as well! I was totally unfilled. We decided it's the only way to determine if my symptoms -- excessive gassiness, reflux, etc. -- is band-related. I feel better, so I'm guessing they are. It's going to be tough for me without a fill...I gained 20 pounds in the nine months I didn't have any fill after my slip last year. Anyway, we'll see what happens and will do the next fill in a few weeks with fluro to see what's up. So glad you're feeling better, Kathy.

Elizabeth

WOW what an interesting day you have had Stalker Kathy..:) Anyway I am so glad you are feeling much better. I go this Friday for a fill (hope it's not to tight) anyway drink up girl you deserve it.. You have kept quite a good demenor in all you have been through since you got your fill. Good that you called when you knew you were to tight instead of struggling..

Yeah, Paula, the crunch thing was news to me, but it made sense and it worked! It wouldn't draw up into the needle so he had me crunch and there it came. ???

I hate it costs another 200, and the other guy that came in for his unfill was unhappy about it. I figured they had heard enough. The 200 covers the office visit and suppplies. The needles themselves are expensive, I'm sure. They are the non-coring type so you don't ruin your port by putting holes in it. Anyhow, when you go to Mexico, you either need to be able to get back or you budget the cash needed for fills and any other problems, so I was prepared, I guess. Plus, in this neck of the woods, it's hard to find a fill doc for Mx patients so I'm grateful. I'd be more frustrated if I needed fill after fill after fill. I'll make this work!

Elizabeth, I'm so glad you were able to be seen today, too! Give it all a well-deserved rest. Don't let yourself get too out of hand on eating!!! I'm glad you were unfilled. The longer you suffer with being too tight the higher your risk of erosion, right? This was one of the reasons I didn't want to just buck up and live through it until I lost enough to lower my restriction. Thankfully, I didn't have any reflux problems with this fill. I'm glad you are getting relief from that!

Mary..."Stalker Kathy" hehe! Thanks for the encouragement. Have a great fill Friday!!

Thanks for the explanation....lol

Man though, I cant believe he charged you for an unfill. Sometimes Dr's just write stuff and the office automatically charges things. Maybe ask or call the office manager if they didnt have you swallow Water the first time maybe or since it is in the week still etc....

But like you said you are grateful to have it undone and be able to get them....

So glad you feel better though... YAY!

Yay! I got my unfill!! Today is Tuesday and I slept until 10am, aren't I the Queen of Everything?!!! Hubby has the day off today. So my morning Boost went down fine, although I did feel a bit of tightness. Not discomfort or pain, just your regular morning tightness. liquids today and tomorrow will be good, I can tell. I swell easily, so I guess it DOES need a bit of liquid rest. The Good side of the liquid rest is what I saw on the scale this morning, are you ready?!

I simply can't believe it!!!! The last time I saw that was in 1997, I think, except for about a day on Jenny Craig in 1998. It may very well be short lived, I am certain I will pop back up and down, so don't welcome me to Onederland yet! Let's get off the liquid diet first and see how things go for the next week. It's happening though! Man, it was good to see 199 this morning!!! I'm gonna go post this on the Summer Weight Loss Challenge since I can get away with a tad bit of "neener-neener" today :)

Kathy, I'm happy to hear you are feeling better with your un-fill and nice job getting to one-derland! Who cares how you got there..you got there :)

I hope you find this level of fill works for you..not too tight so you cant eat but just enough to continue to lose wieght. It's amazing how so little removed or put in can make a difference.

Have you ever measured out what .4cc's looks like? it's not much but oh what a difference.

Ok girlfriend!!!!! I am jealous!!!!! You beat me to 199!!!!! But I am do happy for you!! Hmmm..down to 199 AND new clothes....hope the kids will stay away today...husband might feel frisky!!

WooOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO

For you Kathy. I agree with Michelle welcome to Onderland you deserve it.. So glad you are doing better...:)