Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think I hit the sweet spot!

In September, I had my second fill. This one took me to 5.1 cc's. After this fill, I was a bit discouraged, because if anything, I felt less restriction than before.

Right after that, I went into a 4 week plateau on my weight (actually, a 4 week bounce, going between 332 and 327 and back). This past Tuesday night, I ate a double-meat hamburger with all the veggies, and still had room for some fries. Like I said, I wasn't feeling much restriction.

Then yesterday, Thursday, I had my third fill. When they said they were just adding one more CC, I figured it wouldn't do much... but WOW... What a difference.

I went through all day yesterday on just liquids - 2 Protein shakes and a cup of Tomato Soup. And I was satisfied.

Today, I had a shake early this morning... at about 12, my wife and I both left work early... Since our daughter was with us, the dreaded fast food came up... today, 4 chicken nuggets, and I was stuffed. 3 hours later, I still am quite satisfied.

While 1 1/2 days in is a bit hard to say, it seems I have hit the sweet spot. I know when I lose more weight it will probably change, but at least for now, it is wonderful!.

Well, I just thought I would write and let you know. For those who are wondering if they will hit it, you might just be one fill away. So hang in there! It will happen!

Thanks. I needed some encouragement. My first fill has done nothing and this crazy halloween candy is killing me. Of all times to not have restriction! I'm scheduled to have a fill Nov 19. I just hope I have not stretched my pouch.

I've had 2 fills. The last one was back in mid Sept. I was suppose to have on on Oct. 1, but was going out of town for a wedding and didn't want to feel sick. And I wanted to be able to enjoy myself. My doctor said he thought maybe I would do ok waiting till the next time. I had lost 32 pounds in 2 months. He was very happy. So now I don't go and get a fill until Nov. 12. And I'm dying to get one. I'm still losing weight, just slower now. Granted a loss is a loss, but it's just hard to look at it and think things are still going ok. I have a 14cc band and I have 6.08 in right now. The last time I got a fill, I only had .08 put in and I could feel it. The first week I did great, week 2 was sick alittle, and week 3 & 4 great again. No week is ever exactly the same. I have also found that sometimes when I eat a steak or some really good Protein, I lose weight more. Have a Happy Halloween everybody!!!:smile2:

Congratulations steve! I hit a sweet spot with my 2nd fill then it slowly opened back up and have now had 1 more fill that brought me to 2.75/4.0cc band. I haven't felt a hunger pang since July its amazing. I forgot to eat sometimes so I have a reminder on my outlook calendar at work and on my palm pilot. I carry ziplock of nuts and such in case I get a reminder and dont have the right foods lol

It's a wonderful thing to have this kind of restriction. I wish you the best in your lapband journey and hope you maintain the restriction for a long time to come :smile2:

Steve, congrats on hitting your sweet spot, it is a wonderful place to be at. As the weight comes off, you will most likely lose it again. I hit mine for the first time in about a year at my last fill and have since lost 15 pounds. Now, I am about due to go in for another small fill because I am finding I am able to eat more again.