Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm getting sick, and surgery is in 6 days!!

:unsure::)

Sore, scratchy throat. Coughing. Sneezing. General body aches. I am definitely getting a cold.

What do I do??? Is it true that if you've got a bug they won't do your surgery??? Is it possible the doctor would call in a prescription of some kind in order to wipe out this cold before it starts, or does that kind of medication actually exist???

I'm freaking out - HELP!!!

Try some Airborne. That stuff really helps.

Also call your PCP and ask him if they can give you anything to speed up your recover.

I think they won't put you under if you have anything upper respitory.

That is typical with the weather we have here in Cary, 50's the last few days is crazy. I would think they would not change your date. theymay just push that spirometer use a little more to make sure nothing else goes on. Where are you having your surgery, Rex, Durham or Pinerhurst. Good luck. Im local to you,I work in Cary.I had my dietician in Cary Surgery was in Pinehurst.:)

Try some Airborne. That stuff really helps.

Also call your PCP and ask him if they can give you anything to speed up your recover.

I think they won't put you under if you have anything upper respitory.

I'll go check out that Airborne stuff at CVS. I've heard of it but never used it. Unfortunately the only doctor I'm seeing is the surgeon, and he's in Denver CO. I'm a self-pay so I'm flying to Denver on Tuesday, and having surgery on Wednesday. So they're 2hrs behind me here in NC, and won't be in the office for another 1 1/2 hours.

That is typical with the weather we have here in Cary, 50's the last few days is crazy. I would think they would not change your date. theymay just push that spirometer use a little more to make sure nothing else goes on. Where are you having your surgery, Rex, Durham or Pinerhurst. Good luck. Im local to you,I work in Cary.I had my dietician in Cary Surgery was in Pinehurst.:)

Hey neighbor!!! YES!!! If you don't like the weather in NC, wait a minute and it'll change. It's been really random the last few days, and that's no doubt where it came from. That and my stress level has been really high the last week since I'm getting closer to my surgery. That probably didn't help any.

Like I said, I'm a self-pay (and not going through insurance at all) so I'm headed to Dr. Kirshenbaum in Denver, CO. I leave Tuesday and come back Friday. So I don't have a PCP to call - I just don't have one. I never go to a doctor. I'll just have to wait another hour and a half before Dr. K's office opens and maybe they'll have something to prescribe me.

I got sick the week before my surgery also, and freaked out because they don't do elective surgeries on sick people. So, with that, I took 1000mg of Vit. C everyday, drank plenty of Water, and slept as much as possible. By the time my surgery date came around, I felt better. Good Luck! I know it's freaky to get sick so close to the big day. :)

I got sick the day before my surgery with a nasty headcold (was running a temp) and they still did the surgery. They told me that if my lungs are clear then it is no big deal.

Good Luck!