Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2nd fill and frustration...

So I went to the doctor today for the hopes of having my second fill. And let me say...it was close to traumatic. I walked out of his office feeling like a pin cushion :laugh:. I think he stuck me a dozen times and not once did he hit my port. Saline stings when injected into your belly fat. Then to top it off I have to go back to try again tomorrow with a different doctor. THEN...if that doesn't work he will try it under fluro. :w00t:

I think I need to tattoo an "X" to mark the spot :w00t:

Did he check the port first with an ultrasound machine? Then once they find it, they clean it off really good, have you lift your legs off of the table so the port pops up! And it should be right there to be accessed. Also my doctor numbs the skin first, and it wasn't bad at all.

Hope this helps and it goes better tomorrow!!!! Good luck!!

Yea he used the ultra sound, but I got nothing to numb it. After the 4th or 5th stick it wasn't the needle that hurt anymore. He likes me to lift my head off of the table, but that still didn't help. Plus, it's super hard to do for a long time. I mean he tried to stick my port for over 20 min. The bruising is what hurts the worst...

Thanks for the support...:w00t:

So I went to the doctor today for the hopes of having my second fill. And let me say...it was close to traumatic. I walked out of his office feeling like a pin cushion :laugh:. I think he stuck me a dozen times and not once did he hit my port. Saline stings when injected into your belly fat. Then to top it off I have to go back to try again tomorrow with a different doctor. THEN...if that doesn't work he will try it under fluro. :w00t:

I think I need to tattoo an "X" to mark the spot :w00t:

Poor baby, that must have been awful. I did mine under Fluro and boy am I glad I did. He found the spot, but could not get the needle in. I was his first Realize Band, I guess they are slightly different. I was sore for days, but at least they numbed my skin.

Next time, ask - okay DEMAND, nicely, something to numb your skin. Tell them that others in your support got a cream that numbed the area. It doesn't help the "man handling" but I didn't feel the poke and needle movement.

I am surprised you didn't cry, you did a fantastic job!

Take care Debbie

I agree with Debbie. The least they can do is numb your skin. I hope that it goes or has gone better today.

Well the saga continued today. I went back to the office to try again. Luckly it worked, but not until I was laying on the table for at least a half an hour. I'm just glad that after tring for less than a minute the doctor decided to numb me. Thank God...

But, they think my port has shifted side ways... They didn't order and x-ray or anything, so I don't know if it's something to worry about or not.

I received another 1.5cc today, giving me a total of 4.5cc in a 10cc band. I don't know if it's my mind telling me what I want, but I feel like this is working better than the last fill. I was suposed to only have liquids today, but my girlfriend came over for lunch, from out of town and I was supposed to have the fill yesterday, so I would of been ok. Well I had a baked potato for lunch and all has been fine,so far. I don't feel like anything is stuck, but I didn't overfill myself either. So, I guess I'll just have to wait for dinner to see if I jumped the gun.

Thanks for all the kind words and support. I really apreciate having this forum to get stuff off of my chest. I spill my guts here, so I don't take everything out on my husband.

My second fill was a very similar situation, poking and poking for nearly half an hour. It was very rough, and I feel for you.

But keep hope - Today, I went for my third fill (up to 6.1) - and it hit first try, and went perfect! (For me, it seems to work best if they use the short needle instead of the long one).

I haven't even had my first.... but i'm glad you're second (and third) went well.

teri

Well the saga continued today. I went back to the office to try again. Luckly it worked, but not until I was laying on the table for at least a half an hour. I'm just glad that after tring for less than a minute the doctor decided to numb me. Thank God...

But, they think my port has shifted side ways... They didn't order and x-ray or anything, so I don't know if it's something to worry about or not.

I received another 1.5cc today, giving me a total of 4.5cc in a 10cc band. I don't know if it's my mind telling me what I want, but I feel like this is working better than the last fill. I was suposed to only have liquids today, but my girlfriend came over for lunch, from out of town and I was supposed to have the fill yesterday, so I would of been ok. Well I had a baked potato for lunch and all has been fine,so far. I don't feel like anything is stuck, but I didn't overfill myself either. So, I guess I'll just have to wait for dinner to see if I jumped the gun.

Thanks for all the kind words and support. I really apreciate having this forum to get stuff off of my chest. I spill my guts here, so I don't take everything out on my husband.

I am glad that they numbed your skin for you!!!! That is the least that they could do!!! Hope your port is in position for next time. Take Care!

Hi, I was banded on 9/29. I had my first fill 10 days ago. My doctor always uses the flouroscope and lets me look at it. I am still on liquids and he does the fills very gradually overy 4 weeks. I hope this is helpful to you, Dot