Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Kind of Water Do YOU Drink?

Ive been drinking distilled Water for about 5 years now. Because of a couple of reasons, we are thinking of installing the reverse osmosis Water purification system for our drinking purposes.

Anyone have this system?

If not, then what kind of water do YOU drink?

distilled...... purified....... spring........ tap.......

Tap for me here at home. At work we have it brought in and if I am out and about I drink Bottled.

From what I was told Distilled Water is very good for you, both my personal trainer and my PCP told me it is the best kind of water to drink for weight loss. Cant verify it though since

I drink Aquafina, it is the only water that tastes pure to me.

I drink tap Water after it has been through the Brita pitcher in the fridge. We have Chicago water and it has LOADS of chlorine in it yuck, but the Brita takes care of that. ~Mandy

I buy gallon jugs of distilled Water from Walmart - .56 cents a gallon. Ive tried other brands of distilled Water, but the walmart brand taste so much better, and its cheaper.

Our tap water is NASTY! Full of hard minerals. Even comes out of the faucet with a brownish color. So thats why we switched to bottled water.

Has anyone ever heard of the reverse osmosis water purification system?

Paula,

The reverse osmosis system is a good one for getting pure clean Water. Just be sure and check the cost of the filters and how often they will need replaced- as that is often the "gotcha" of many systems. Often hard Water areas will increase the frequency of changing those filters- as they clog faster due to the minerals. Also most RO systems require you to leave the faucet dripping (to flush the impurities away) and your overall water usage will be alot higher then the amount produced (in case you pay for your water thru the city)- something like 2 gallons of water flushed for 1 produced . That is something to check also as different systems use various amounts of flush water.

Some caviets of drinking distilled and RO water-- you do not get the minerals your body needs that often comes from the water. I have heard that it is good that if you are drinking Distilled or RO water to drink some spring water with it for the minerals. You can either mix some with your water or just drink a bottle of it straight-just be sure and get some in. As these minerals are already dissolved in water they are the most readily available for your body to absorb and use them,whereas, many of the Vitamin type minerals are of a less absorbable variety.

Hope this helps some,

T

At home I drink yummy tap Water . My sister/Mom/Grandma's place has a well, and it's pretty nasty. The place my sister moved from had the very best Water.< /p>

In my exile I drink bottled water because the water is just nasty there. One of my friends got several letters last year that the water wasnt' safe for drinking and they should boil it.

Distilled water doesn't have any minerals, so I can't see how that would be for you. I was always told that Distilled water was bad for you to drink. Funny.

I'm okay with good ole tap Water, but I do buy bottled to carry away from the house. I mix alot of Crystal Light - with that, I just use tap water. I reckon it was good enough for my ancestors, it's good enough for me.