Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello all 09' Bandsters!! I did all of my pre-op on 11/12 and scheduled surgery for Jan. 7. :thumbup: Kinda scared because I have never had any surgery although I am tired of being unhealthy & overweight. I could have scheduled for December but wanted to enjoy my holidays without being "under the weather". Good Luck fellow bandsters! Hope all goes well!

Hi there

I'm going to be in Jan of 2009 too! I have not found out the date yet but i have an appointment with my doctor on Nov 25 and i think i will find out the day of surgery then!!!!YAYA!!! Cant wait !!! So i look forward to all of our success!!

I too am hoping to be a early 2009 bandster! I have been through the seminar and visit with my PCP. The Surgeon consult is Nov 25. I am hoping for the middle of January if possible. I am so excited to finally be closer to the end of this journey. So looking forward to sharing and hearing experiences from my fellow 2009 bandsters!!!

Yikes! I hope my PCP is wrong when he said that the whole process will take about six months! That would put me in May 09! By then all of you January-banders will be posting your significant weight loss! :thumbdown: I'll be cheering you on--while I wait for my turn!

Hi all I hope to be banded in 2009 as well I am wiht kaier fremont and hope to be banded by May so All of use whom have a long roud ahead let do this:thumbup:

I have my approval and my surgery date is Jan. 8th. This is very nice way for all of us to start the New Year. Congrats!

I am also worried but I hear this is normal.

My surgery date is tentatively January 9th. I have another appt with my surgeon on December 2nd and then the paperwork will be sent to the insurance company. If the insurance company is quick to respond then this date should be okay. I have to start my 2 week pre-op liquid diet (my surgeon requires not all surgeons do) on December 28th right after Christmas. I was hoping to have surgery by the end of this year because my insurance changed and the out of pocket costs went up but there's nothing I can do.

The only good thing to come from a 2009 surgery date is that I will enjoy my time with my family Christmas Eve.

I am new to this site. I have my approval from my insurance company, had my nutritional eval, psych eval and an upper GI. Everything is a go except for the Nutritionist and Psychiatrist are "counseling" me to get my eating habits under control before surgery. They are holding it up, basically. They want me to lose 45 pounds before surgery. Kind of an oxymoron. :cool: I weigh 475 pounds and I am 5' 11" tall. I would like to know if anyone else is as big as I am. I have a goal weight of 250 (realistic). Do you think that this is feasible? Any words of advice will be appreciated. Thank you.

Hi Everyone -

I'm just starting the process and my surgeon said if everything goes smoothly it would be about 4 months so I'm looking at March or April 2009 as well. I'm sure the time will go faster than we think and before know it we'll be coming up on our surgery dates. Good luck to everyone!

Hello fellow hopeful Jan 09 bandsters!!! I am scheduled Jan 15 09. I have been trying since summer 08 but just has taken awhile for all to fall into place. On my preop test, was found that I had gallstones. Had my gallbladder taken out Oct 6th. I have both insurances approval FINALLY but it took so long that now I have to wait until first of year due to my work schedule. Anyways, looking forward to it. Although I really dont know what Im suppose to be doing now since my surgery is so far away. I have been kinda just eating what I want to now since I know I wont be able to in the future. Anyone else having to wait awhile and, if so, are you following a specific diet? I lost my required 20lbs before gallbladder surgery but now kinda "living it up" until the date..:thumbup:

Hello fellow hopeful Jan 09 bandsters!!! I am scheduled Jan 15 09. I have been trying since summer 08 but just has taken awhile for all to fall into place. On my preop test, was found that I had gallstones. Had my gallbladder taken out Oct 6th. I have both insurances approval FINALLY but it took so long that now I have to wait until first of year due to my work schedule. Anyways, looking forward to it. Although I really dont know what Im suppose to be doing now since my surgery is so far away. I have been kinda just eating what I want to now since I know I wont be able to in the future. Anyone else having to wait awhile and, if so, are you following a specific diet? I lost my required 20lbs before gallbladder surgery but now kinda "living it up" until the date..:thumbup:

If everything goes okay I start my pre-op liquid diet on December 28th and it's two weeks prior to surgery so I am sure I will lose more weight. I too have lost 20lbs which was not required but I gave myself a goal of 25lbs prior to this pre-op liquid diet. I go to the gym and I meet with a trainer every three weeks. When I asked the nutritionist for some kind of plan so that I can start to lose weight she gave a 1600 calorie plan along with drinking 10 to 12 cups of Water a day. I have considerably cut out carbs which is odd for me because I like breads and potatoes. An example is I love Korean food and you are given rice with your meal and today I asked the staff not to bring out any for me.

The holidays are coming up and it's very tempting but I am not going to give into it. I have a very supportive husband, family, doctors, and friends so I will enjoy my time with them and not stress about the food. I thought about what people refer to as the "last supper" but I worked so hard to lose the 20lbs and the thought of gaining it back is enough for me to say it's okay I do not have to go crazy. I recommend that you stay with what helped you lose the 20lbs and stay active. Your surgery date will be here before you know it.

My sister is having her gall bladder removed on the 19th. Her weight problem is mainly due to her hypothyroidism and after trying different medication for years with no success she found a new doctor who put her on a medication that has helped. With the new medication, her change in diet, and trips to the gym since her energy level has greatly increased and she has lost more than 70lbs.