Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are all the musical bandsters?!

Hi all,

There is a not-so-new forum for anyone who is a singer, songwriter, musician, music teacher, anyone involved in music in any way. When I started the forum I got some responses. Please feel free to come by and help keep it going. It's kind of lonely over there! :-(

i looked thru the forum and didn't see anything about musical bandsters?

its probably right in front of my face and i dont' see it!

where is it? whats it called?

thanks

MISS.SUSAN, it's in the create your own forum, under lap band social groups, or something like that. Hope that helps. It's kind of buried so you have to go past a lot of others.

Scraig114, I am a pianist and have performed solo and with groups. I love musical theater, but have played all kinds of music. I was classically trained.

I've just had my initial consult with the surgeon after fighting with my medical group for the past six months. The only reason I got the consult was because my medical group was changed, and I was approved for it within three days. Hope it's that easy to get my band Congratulations on your weight loss so far!! Cross your fingers!

Debbie

Edited by serenity55

Hello from Arkansas. I sing, play piano, organ, and,,,,,,,autoharp. I play by ear.

I too am working toward my banding. I am fairly sure it will be very soon after the first of january 09. I will be changing insurances to make this happen.

Blessings to you all

Mary

Hi Mary,

Thanks for posting. Have you finished all your pre op testing?

Good luck, ahd hope you'll come to the musical bandster forum soon.

Hi Serenity,

Thanks for bring this post to our attention. I will definitely check it out. I am not a musician by any means, but I love music and it has soothed me so much during this journey. Music has always been a big part of my life growing up ( My mom was an opera singer and my DAD played guitar and banjo). We always had music playing in the house and company.

I took piano lessons and quit in my 5th year. I took it up again, this is my second year taking lessions (it's hard at my age - 54), but I'm plugging away and hope to have "Greensleeves" under my best by Christmas.

Thanks again for bringing attention to that post.

Maryrose, I grew up in a house with music, too. My father played guitar a little, but mostly he listened to music and my older sisters sang. I have one sister that played piano, but stopped, I don't know why. But she has a gorgeous singing voice.

Good for you for taking up piano lessons again. When I was a teenager I wanted to quit because I didn't like my teacher, but my father wouldn't let me, and I'm glad I stayed with it. I hope you do too. Green Sleeves by Christmas? You can do it, I know you can!

Debbie