Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Arms and thighs??? HELP

Hi all,

I am down almost 70 pounds and have really started to notice my arm flab and my thighs. Any exercises or videos anyone can recommend to help me out with these two "problem" areas or suggestions would be most appreciated!! Couldn't hurt to get some pointers on the tummy area as well. Has anyone tried the Biggest Loser DVDs?

I do have a treadmill and walk as much as I can on this.

Thanks all!!

Hope

congrats on your 70 pounds!!! try weight lifting along with your excercising!! i have lost 44 pounds and no flab yet. i think because i go to gym 5 days a week and lift weights to build muscle tone--this has really helped for me----good luck---irish

yes lifting weight will help you alot with that. and try the program that is for those areas only. like for your thighs do leg press and for your arms work on your bicepts(sp). i would suggest joining a gym and they are alot of people there that would be glad to help you out.

everytime i go to the gym i first do my cardio and then lift weights for another 40 minutes.

i hope that helps.

When I joined the gym I got a complementary training lesson. He told me to do my weight lifting BEFORE cardio so that my muscles would get optimal oxygen and I wouldn't be worn out from the cardio and my body would firm up better. Also, it's nice to get my weight training in before I'm all sweaty and yucky.:)

When I joined the gym I got a complementary training lesson. He told me to do my weight lifting BEFORE cardio so that my muscles would get optimal oxygen and I wouldn't be worn out from the cardio and my body would firm up better.

everyone's routine is different, but my trainer says the same thing - weight training first, however, do a quick 10min cardio warm up beforehand...then after weight training, i'll add an additional 20-40 min of cardio.

for arms outside of weights - pull ups / push ups / dips (can do on the side of a chair)

for legs outside of weights - squats & lunges

Thanks all for the replies. I just have not been able to bring myself to the gym yet. We don't have one in the town I live in. I also think I am AFRAID of the stares and snickers. I do walk at home on my treadmill and use my DVDs. I am just going to have to bite the bullet and walk in that door!!!!

It's great motivation if you can just get yourself there. I know once I get there, I'm totally into it. I just have a hard time with talking myself out of going. I can always come up with reasons not to go. I'm a stay at home mom, so I had to make a rule for myself. No shower untill I get my workout. I find it easier to do in my home, especially with winter coming and I'm all snug and warm in my house. I don't want to get out into the cold car and drive up there. I have found that I stay on track better if I work out at home. I don't have any excuses. I'm already there and it doesn't matter what I look like doing it.:biggrin:

I have been swimming for just over a month, and can already feel the muscles in my arms and legs. There is almost no flabby parts of my arms, and only my upper inner thighs have a little flabbiness. I am hoping that goes away!