Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sorry, I'm a little late introducing myself....

Hello everyone....I am relatively new to this forum. I was banded on September 22, 2008 in Austin, TX by Dr. Mark Sherrod with Southwest Bariatric Surgeons. I began posting shortly after my surgery under Post-Operation Q & A because I didn't know this particular sub-group existed....my bad. Not to bore y'all with the details, but just so you will know where I am on my journey. I had my first fill on 10-20, 5.6cc in I believe a 10cc band. Still losing weight fairly well, but am beginning to experience hunger between meals...after probably 3-4 hours. Can't decide when/if to get another fill before Thanksgiving. What do y'all think??

Hello, Welcome to the September Samurai. Everyone from September is always kind and supportative. We have a great group.

Regarding your question, you are loosing, and that is fantastic. I tend to step up my exercise when I get hungry, but I just had my first fill last week so I am not completely back on regular food, decided to take it slow this time.

I would discuss this with your Dr. No one knows you better than He/She and they would know when and if you need another fill.

Take Care Debbie

Hello everyone....I am relatively new to this forum. I was banded on September 22, 2008 in Austin, TX by Dr. Mark Sherrod with Southwest Bariatric Surgeons. I began posting shortly after my surgery under Post-Operation Q & A because I didn't know this particular sub-group existed....my bad. Not to bore y'all with the details, but just so you will know where I am on my journey. I had my first fill on 10-20, 5.6cc in I believe a 10cc band. Still losing weight fairly well, but am beginning to experience hunger between meals...after probably 3-4 hours. Can't decide when/if to get another fill before Thanksgiving. What do y'all think??

Sounds like you are doing great. My Surgeon TO BE,,,says when you can eat 1/2 a sandwich,,,it is fill time.

Sounds like you are doing great. My Surgeon TO BE,,,says when you can eat 1/2 a sandwich,,,it is fill time.

Thank you so much for the warm welcome and the words of encouragement.....thats what I think is soooo special about this entire forum:thumbup:. I have been grazing tonight and making some poor choices but I am just so hungry tonight....ugh. I think I'll call my doctor tomorrow and see about a fill pretty soon. This is the first night that my hunger (true, growling hunger) has been insatiable and it scares me a bit. Take care everyone.

I'm going thru the same thing. I haven't yet had my first fill. Because I'm diabetic (although my sugars are GREAT!) they made me wait longer to make sure I'm well healed. I've had issues with healing before.

I do a lot of distraction therapies before I give in to the munchies... I'll get up and clean, or do something to keep my mind and hands busy.

teri

Welcome! I was banded a few days after you. It's good that you are losing weight well. I would talk to your doctor about when is a good time for another fill. My doctor has me scheduled for another fill the week before Thanksgiving. I could have chosen the week after, but why wait? Either I can't eat everything this year, or next. Might as well, start now. Good luck decided when to have that fill.