Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New to Forum Not Banded Yet!

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum. I'm going through the process of getting a surgery date. I have had my upper GI, & Nutrition appt. and will be going to see the Psych. in the next few weeks. I'm not use to forums such as this and it feels a little odd, but I hope to learn from all of you. I'm a little scared about the surgery. The "little talking monkey" on my back says I will be the first in lap band history for it not to work for me. (That's on my bad days) I have a few family members who feel it is not a good idea to have LB surgery. That is weighing heavily on my mind. But I feel I must do something different in order to have the quality of life I want for myself. May surgery date will be sometime in December or first of the year.:thumbup:

Hi, I'm new to the forum as well. Like you, currently in the preliminary phase. Surgery is scheduled for 1/30/2009 depending on final approval by the insurance company. Last week had the 1st of 3 visits with the nutritionist, physical therapy assessment followed by the 1st of 6 monitored exercise sessions, and the phychological eval. Seems like a long wait, but the holidays should help the time go by quickly !

Good luck to you !

Good luck to you as well. It will be good to get the surgery behind me. Even if the surgery date is in December. I think I'm ready to go. My nutritionist has suggest the Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies book, so I'm reading that and will go to the Vitamin Shoppe this afternoon to select a Protein Drink to try out. She suggested I try them now and decide on one I like best.

Heard the Dummies is a good book, will have to check it out. I learned a lot from the handouts given to me during my visits and this forum. I don't have to start the Protein Drinks until 2 weeks before surgery, but started checking them out now to see which ones I like. The nutritionist gave me a sample of Unjury which I haven't tried yet. I've tried Muscle Milk which I like, and EAS which I would tolerate.

Heard the Dummies is a good book, will have to check it out. I learned a lot from the handouts given to me during my visits and this forum. I don't have to start the Protein drinks until 2 weeks before surgery, but started checking them out now to see which ones I like. The nutritionist gave me a sample of Unjury which I haven't tried yet. I've tried Muscle Milk which I like (except for the banana cream), and EAS which I would tolerate.