Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Swallow and Breath!

So, after only losing about 1 pound in 6-7 weeks and with the ability to eat anything under the sun I figured it was time for a fill. I did have one just 3 weeks before, but it was VERY small. Well, as you'll find out, pretty non existent actually.

The night before I was able to eat my entire dinner and even finished off my hubbies salad.. he gave me the funniest look ever.

After telling my fill lady this she wanted to do a barium swallow and make sure my pouch wasn't stretched. I got worried too. But as we both looked at the xray as I swallowed, my band and pouch looked perfect. But what we also noticed was that I litterally had hardly ANY restriction. She said maybe a tinge, but barely anything. She basically said, "you probably couldn't eat 3 pancakes and hashbrowns, but pretty much anything else you wanted". HA HA.

It made me feel good to know that I had maintained my weight for so long without restriction. And that I even lost one pound was a miracle. I asked her about my previous fill and she said that for some reason it didn't take. Not to mention, when she took out my fill to check it, it was 6 something and it was suppose to be 7 something. But it made sense to me because it didn't hurt at all with my last fill and usually I feel like a hard pinch or something.

I do feel very behind everybody, with a pretty much 7 week stall, but I feel relieved to know that my pouch and band look great! and that I had the ability to maintain.

I don't wish that hell on anybody!

Edited by coolcrystal

Hope they got you back on track and you lose some soon. It's a real boost and I'm sure you need it as much or more than I did.

That is wonderful that your band is in good condition. That also stinks that you didn't get the fill you thought you did. Do you get a refund? You should. Good luck with this new fill.

Thanks everybody! when I hit a solid 60 lbs I'll be really happy!! lol. I'm very happy with my results so far. I know our bodies are all different and we all lose differently. I can't believe it's almost November now! This will be my first Thanksgiving with a band!! Ooh, maybe I should start a new thread! lol

Plateaus are the worst, really mess with your head. Glad you have it figured out and are back on track.

I had an unfill a few weeks ago because I was getting so tight during my TOM that I couldn't take it anymore. It was really scary with the thought of being so much looser the other 3 weeks of the month but I have lost 6 lbs since....go figure.

Plateaus are the worst, really mess with your head. Glad you have it figured out and are back on track.

I had an unfill a few weeks ago because I was getting so tight during my TOM that I couldn't take it anymore. It was really scary with the thought of being so much looser the other 3 weeks of the month but I have lost 6 lbs since....go figure.

It makes sense. When I got stressed out before and had to get that unfill, I was so tight I just barely ate and didn't lose. Then I got my unfill and could eat and lost like 4 pounds right away and then didn't lose anymore. lol. but, I think by not eating, our bodies tense up and go into that starvation mode and you just won't lose. That's why finding the sweetspot is so important. Restriction, but not too restricted that you can't get calories in. It's weird.