Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How often do you go shopping for clothes that fit?

I finally get a good fitting pair of jeans and then in a week and a half they start getting saggy on me again. (I love it, but its kinda annoying!)-anyone feel the same way?-I know some people wait to go shopping for smaller clothing, but my next size is in the "regular section" and I do not think I can wait. How often do you go shopping?

I have not been banded yet but my plan is to only get stuff on clearance and consignment shops. ther eis no need to keep spending money on stuff your going to have such a short time.

I have been buying clothes as I need them, mostly workout clothes. I am lucky that I am working from home, so right now I am in a bathrobe!! One clothing item I find most annoying in the too saggy department is underwear. I seem to be losing in the butt and boobs faster than anywhere else, and can't stand to be that uncomfortable underneath!!

I haven't been banded yet either. That will happen December 10th. Ten years ago I successfully lost a bunch of weight and was down to size 14. Knowing someday I would get back into those clothes, I put the clothes in boxes. Thats where I plan to do my shopping for a while. Now of course, I don't know if my clothes will be SO out of date 10 years later but... I know I am sure looking forward to finding out!

I have friends who have had gastric bypass and they tell me they shopped the Goodwill on their way down the weightloss slide. Then they just donated the clothes back to the Goodwill when they were done. I will definitely look there but I don't know how successful I will be since I am six feet tall.

These are all good plans but I have a different lifestyle than I did ten years ago. Then I worked as a Network Engineer, now I am a Mom and have a Photography business. So if I need to look snappy for some particular reason, I'll just have to go purchase something.

Edited by EmeraldCoastPhotog

I guess I was lucky in that I have lost weight so many times before that I have clothes in the closet from size 20 down to 12. I'm now in a 16 since my surgery on 9/24.

I go every 2 sizes... I went from a 14 and didn't buy till I was a 10... and the 10 was TIGHT when I bought them. Now, I am a perfect 10 and will be for awhile... If I ever get the the elusive 8, I will buy in 8's, cause it is a SINGLE DIGIT! LOL. I work for Kohl's and pick up stuff on clearance with my discount all the time and REALLY clean up. Got my size 10 jeans and pants for like $9/each. Also find lots of clearance stuff for $5 or less. That's my kind of deal!

I'm trying to hold out for "regular sizes" before I buy much, I've given away all my 24-26 and 2X-3X stuff. Not sure I can wait that long though, I'm down to 2 pairs of size 22 jeans, one small drawer of XL tshirts and nicer items that take up about 12 inches of closet space!

I buy clothes at least once a month. I started in July wearing a LB right fit blue size 6 jeans, and now I need a right fit blue size 3. I am a teacher, so I have one pair of jeans (Friday is jean day!) and two pairs of black pants. I have to keep at least 5 nice shirts that fit. I just bought 3 sweaters this past weekend and need a couple of more. I hope that I need to buy again after Thanksgiving. I would love to have the luxury of just wearing them loose, but my job dictates that I look somewhat professional. Hey, as long as the size is going down, I am just going to be happy!!!!!:biggrin:

I go shopping ALL the time. If I see something I like and it fits I buy it. I justify it by saying I'm not spending it on groceries any more so I can spend it on clothes!!

I have taken my business suits into the tailors and had them remade but only after they were huge...a little big I lived with. My blouses I have had to replace but I have bought ONLY on sale and one size too small. Belts are my new best friends - even if the dress or skirt or pants are too big, i can keep wearing them if they are belted.

As for my non-work life, I live in sweats and t-shirts and they are fine no matter how big.