Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lap band or realize band w/ schmitt

Hi folks...I was under the impression that patients selected which type of band they wanted and then someone told me that Schmitt changed to REALIZE only.. anyone know about this? I know I can call the office but I just wanted to get thoughts from y'all first. Also, if you did have a choice, which did you select- and why? My thanks, as always,:thumbup: for your responses!!!

to my understanding from them. is that they perfer the realize band over the l.b. now in some instances they will us the l.b. but only when you are a real big person. because the l.b. is bigger. this is what dr. miles told me anyways. now if you are wanting a lapband you might need to be calling them and talking to them about it asap. i not sure when your surgery is but dont wait to late to do it.

when i got banded i was told that i might have to get the lap band because i was a very big guy. but i did get the realize band. they both are great working bands. and your weight lose is going to be up to you on how much you lose anyways. so i would say just to call them and talk to them about it.

I had my realize band put in last August. I weighed 226 the day of surgery. over the next 4 1/2 months, i lost down to 195. january i maintained, then i started gaining and am back up to 220 and very discouraged. also during this spring,i had trouble with kidney stones and my gallbladder had to come out. I don't feel any restricions. I think I have 3.5cc.I have no restricion and am no losing weight. any feedback/advise would be great. Dr. prickett in Columbia did my surgery but i onl saw him for the first fill. someone else in his office did the other two. I am becoming discouraged. Any suggestions??

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches