Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone experienced this?

Since y surgery94/29/05) i have had on again off again port pain. my doc said it was the stitches-they sometimes irritate the nerves around theport and that if it doesnt go away he will have to go in again and take out the stitches. i really cant afford to be out of work again and have more curious minds.has anyone had this kind of pain for a few months after surgery?

Let me know if anyone out there has experienced this,and what they have done about it--thanks!=-)

I have been banded for 15 months and still experience on again off again port pain, all I can say is that my port is in tact, and working well. It could also be some scar tissue build up, this is what my Dr. told me. If your port has not flipped and is easily accessible when going for fills, try not to worry if the pain is not unbearable.

thankyou so much!!!now i feel better nowing it can be painful for a while! does lifting or pushing heavy things-or just getting stressed effect the pain too?i experienced both this past week and it HURT!lol

thankyou SO much again!!!!!!

I was banded on the 4th April this year and mine still gets sore all the time...especially after housework, bending or other things. My Dr said it was normal and all is ok.

Heather, I also had a couple of months with the same type of pain, especially when bending/lifting.... It did go away.. But it was certainly painful.. Now unless I physically touch the port I don't even know it's there.

Guest YME

i have relly bad pain around the port area mine was flipped had surgery yo put it in place but have a lot of pain need relief anyone have suggestion???

Thanks for all your replies=-) Ive been doing a LOT of cleaning the last week since my boyfriends lazy brother was kicked out and now its CLEAN TIME!!! So i have been extra sore.

Thanks again,now i feel better knowing its a very common thing=-) Happy losing everyone!:)

Wow Heather you have lost 40 pounds in 2 and 1/2 months that is fantastic. Keep up the good work and you will be at your goal weight in no time. By the way my port usually hurts when I eat to much!

Mine gets quite sore after I go to the gym (err, which I havent done lately, but will soon lol).

Especially after doing something like Water aerobics where you don't realize you're actually working those muscles.

Thankyou Madelines Mom I have been trying so hard!I had some Pasta last night and my stomach was killing me!!LOL. Going for a fill tomorrow and weigh in and hopefully ive lost more since ive been at about the same weight for 2 weeks!

I have gone down 2 pant sizes too! :-D I actually ENJOY shopping now!!!=)

Good luck all!

Glad to hear others have this too. I was on the sofa and bent over to pick up something off the floor and had port pain that took my breath away. Sat back taking deep breaths for almost 15 minutes. Was then tender on that side when going to bed. Bent over today to get something and it happened again. Dr. said the port may have pinched my muscle and to take Tylenol and let him know if doesn't go away. Do others have it this bad when bending over? After today I am having the kids pick up everything for me!