Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Should prostitution be legal?

Should prostitution be legal?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Should prostitution be legal?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

But, I say we were here first and if you don't want to conform to the christian faith, That's your right. But don't turn things around and make the majority of us accomodate you. You need to accomodate us! I feel the same way about foreigners who come to America who can't speak english. This country is ENGLISH speaking, and if you want to come here, don't expect us to accomodate you and have to learn your language, YOU need to speak english. .

Um....actually, Christians were NOT here first....did you not know there were first nations/natives/Indians/here??

Heh, yeah, but you proved me right.

It wasn't a 'Sermon'. And it wasn't boring.

Thank you, Carrie for your agreement with me on that one.

Edited by pattygreen

Um....actually, Christians were NOT here first....did you not know there were first nations/natives/Indians/here??

You are right, there were indians on this continent before the christians came over and formed a unified nation that included them as well.:(

It wasn't a 'Sermon'. And it wasn't boring.

Yes it was, and yes it was.

This has turned into the PattyGreen Hour of Power thread. You have almost totally monopolized it with your preaching and crap, and it's getting old. Why can't you simply stick to a topic OR better yet, move your proselytizing to the Christian thread??

You are right, there were indians on this continent before the christians came over and formed a unified nation that included them as well.:scared2:

How precious. Bless your heart. We "included" them after slaughtering them into submission. :(

The aboriginals, the folks who were on this continent first, were animists, I believe. There are many of them, particularly in my country, Canada, who do not feel "included." For many, many decades it was our government's practice to forcibly pluck their children off the reservations and send them away to boarding schools operated by Christians missions of a variety of denominations. These kids would be returned to their tribes years later, alienated from their tribal folkways but not adept either at the white man's ways, either. Usually they were beaten, and often they were sexually abused. What we now have in Canada is a lot of extremely dysfunctional native folks. There is a disproportionate number of native men in jail and substance abuse is a serious problem. The Canadian government has been required to apologize and, in certain egregious cases, to pay restitution. The complaints are on-going.

Though, historically speaking, you seem to have treated the native folk much worse - going in for warfare and open slaughter - those who survived all of this seem to be much less damaged by your society than ours do. Nevertheless, they were here first and they were neither Christian nor atheists.

dear pg, Your christian's invented terrorism in North America. Your people murdered & raped. Unified, your wack! Connecticut where you bang your bible, was one of the original killing fields. God is coming for you & he is pissed. Thank you for promoting prostitution, your the best!:(:thumbup::scared2:

Though, historically speaking, you seem to have treated the native folk much worse - going in for warfare and open slaughter - those who survived all of this seem to be much less damaged by your society than ours do. Nevertheless, they were here first and they were neither Christian nor atheists.

Living in a border town to the largest Navajo Indian Reservation, I am not so sure they survived any better off than yours.

Many of the issues they deal with today are left over issues from years ago. A HUGE percentage are alcoholics. They do not sell alcohol on the reservation, so they come off and then attempt to drive home, leaving the reservation as well as our state with astronomical DWI rates.

Their diets are so poor, that the diabetes and obesity rates are seriously over 70%!

It is a difficult situation for ALL involved. And anyone thinking that racism is going away, only need to visit a reservation border town.....sad but true.

The Navajos are a religious people now, what the beliefs were originally besides a worship of Mother Earth, I do not know------it is not something they share willingly.

There is a high percentage of LDS among the Navajo.

I KNOW their ancestors were mistreated----many of our ancestors were......

How to "fix" that now? I have no idea----living where I do, seeing how things are, I know the way it is it isn't working!!

Kat

dear pg, Your christian's invented terrorism in North America. Your people murdered & raped. Unified, your wack! Connecticut where you bang your bible, was one of the original killing fields. God is coming for you & he is pissed. Thank you for promoting prostitution, your the best!:blush::thumbup::w00t:

Though your comments were not addressed to me and you may even be on my side in this debate, your written communication skills are so poor that I for one have no idea what you are talking about. Christians in the plural should never be seen with an apostrophe which is this little ' item. The apostrophe when placed before the s signifies the single possessive form of the noun. Then, what you want to say in your third sentence is, "Unified," (I place the quotation marks around the word "unified" in order to indicate that this was PG's word and that you are quoting her) you're (you're is the contraction of you are; your signifies the pronoun you in its possessive form), and "wacked" is spelled with an H - whacked.

Now, for the purposes of this debate, it is always advisable that you reinforce your statements with examples and background info. What happened in Connecticut to make it one of the "original killing" fields?

And how has PG promoted prostitution other than by exhausting and alienating many others by her insistence that it is a SIN and therefore simply not allowable. It is true that too much bossiness does inspire one to run out and rebel. In fact, if I were younger and a man, I might be tempted to run out right now and find myself a pro. lol

God is coming for you & he is pissed.

Hee. She probably is pissed, too.

if I were younger and a man, I might be tempted to run out right now and find myself a pro. lol

You do know there are male pros, too, right? :blush:

Having native American genes, I am thoroughly disgusted and offended by patty's remarks about my relatives having been included in any way. They were slaughtered and their land was taken from them and they were segregated and forced onto reservations where there was little opportunity for them to survive in any decent fashion.

Furthermore, the people who came to America were persecuted for wanting to practice a different religion. This is proof positive that separation of church and state is necessary. That is the foundation of our country. They didn't come here hoping to practice a religion that excluded others. They wanted a country that promised freedom from religious persecution. That's what our country was founded on. That and war.

And religion has been the basis of many wars. Oppression by people who claim to worship and believe in whatever god they worship, goes on to this very day.

People have to understand that belief and religion should not be required by one group over another. The only way we can be assured of that is if our government has no power over people's religious beliefs. Demanding that "In God We Trust" be on our money and "...under God" be in our Pledge of Alliegence, and that we allow manger scenes to be displayed on the lawns in front of our government buildings is oppressive and constitutes using taxpayers money to endorse Christianity, thereby forcing a particular religious belief on every taxpayer in this country.

The argument that Christians are in the majority in this country is lame. That has nothing to do with it. The way the government is run and our laws are constructed and enforced should be based on our Constitution - not on the Bible, the Koran or any other religious document. At least not if we are to be a free people.

Living in a border town to the largest Navajo Indian Reservation, I am not so sure they survived any better off than yours.

Many of the issues they deal with today are left over issues from years ago. A HUGE percentage are alcoholics. They do not sell alcohol on the reservation, so they come off and then attempt to drive home, leaving the reservation as well as our state with astronomical DWI rates.

Their diets are so poor, that the diabetes and obesity rates are seriously over 70%!

It is a difficult situation for ALL involved. And anyone thinking that racism is going away, only need to visit a reservation border town.....sad but true.

The Navajos are a religious people now, what the beliefs were originally besides a worship of Mother Earth, I do not know------it is not something they share willingly.

There is a high percentage of LDS among the Navajo.

I KNOW their ancestors were mistreated----many of our ancestors were......

How to "fix" that now? I have no idea----living where I do, seeing how things are, I know the way it is it isn't working!!

Kat

Thanks for enlightening me. I found your post very interesting.

(My ancestors on my father's side were mistreated. They were European Jews. Mistreatment of the Jews goes back centuries and culminated in Hitler's Holocaust. This mistreatment was done by the Christian majority for religious and economic reasons.)

dear pg, Your christian's invented terrorism in North America. Your people murdered & raped. Unified, your wack! Connecticut where you bang your bible, was one of the original killing fields. God is coming for you & he is pissed. Thank you for promoting prostitution, your the best!:blush::thumbup::w00t:

And you most likely decended from them. If you were born in America then you came from them. Too bad you didn't continue to follow in your ancestors Christian faith, then maybe you wouldn't be so mean and uncaring when you talk to people.

Edited by pattygreen