Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Should prostitution be legal?

Should prostitution be legal?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Should prostitution be legal?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

No one is running. As I explained to you, I don't have all the answers, nor do I pretend to.

I don't know how Satan worshipers believe, but I doubt they pray to Satan or would want to before a game or any other time. The questions you are asking are just silly.

If you believed, you would understand the value of prayer before a football game or any other time. Since you don't believe, no matter what we say, it won't matter to you and you will continue to argue about it.

Well, you doubted that In God We Trust was ever NOT on money so to assume what another religion wants or does might not be wise.

Christians want special rights and if another would want the same right THEN it is silly.

I did believe at one time, prayer made no sense then either. It doesn't change the outcome, it doesn't make your god change his mind, it doesn't make him do differently than he was planning anyway so I think it was a reasonable question coming from someone who doesn't understand but would like to.

Yes, we keep getting your pig inferences. I just choose not to return the favor.

Absolutely! You have the choice to run from any discussion you wish when the questions put you on the spot. How in the world can someone on a message board force you to do anything?

Perhaps a little drama along with the redirection?

Seriously, wasa, you are the only one here who is making it an issue. Your game is tired and old and has been played much better by people who are more adept at it than you.

Forced? Okay, maybe a bad choice of words. But if I politely choose not to take the bait, you try to bait me further by saying I am running from the tough questions -- which you have said over and over ad nauseaum all day.

I guess when one battles others as much as you appear to, you can't fathom that not everybody takes this path.

This is a thread about prostitution. If I wanted to be sermonized to -- by either PattyGreen or yourself (and don't for a minute think that you are not sermonizing because you are, even if it is anti-God) -- I would be on the proper boards for that.

I'm not rising to your bait -- not because I don't have the answers, but because people such as yourself will only further distort what is being said and turn it into more argument. I choose not to debate religion with anybody. Been there, done that, to no good purpose. What do you want, to be convinced of something? Or are you just bored today? :confused:

I did believe at one time, prayer made no sense then either. It doesn't change the outcome, it doesn't make your god change his mind, it doesn't make him do differently than he was planning anyway so I think it was a reasonable question coming from someone who doesn't understand but would like to.

I don't bellieve you would like to understand. Your questions aren't so much questions as they are inquisitions. There's a huge difference between somebody who truly wants to understand and somebody else who wants us to answer questions just so that they can bash the responses.

You have your mind set. You don't believe. That is your prerogative and your choice. It means nothing to anybody else and really doesn't matter.

Re football games: Regardless of how much praying goes on, one side is going to lose and the other is going to win. This holds true in all contests. This is why prayer seems like a useless activity for such events, even for those who do believe. I prefer the Muslim attitude: they say, "Insh'allah" - whatever God wills.....

I don't believe you WANT to understand either. For someone who disbelieves as much as you do, you sure are very defensive about it. Maybe that should tell you something.

Seriously, wasa, you are the only one here who is making it an issue. Your game is tired and old and has been played much better by people who are more adept at it than you.

Forced? Okay, maybe a bad choice of words. But if I politely choose not to take the bait, you try to bait me further by saying I am running from the tough questions -- which you have said over and over ad nauseaum all day.

I guess when one battles others as much as you appear to, you can't fathom that not everybody takes this path.

This is a thread about prostitution. If I wanted to be sermonized to -- by either PattyGreen or yourself (and don't for a minute think that you are not sermonizing because you are, even if it is anti-God) -- I would be on the proper boards for that.

I'm not rising to your bait -- not because I don't have the answers, but because people such as yourself will only further distort what is being said and turn it into more argument. I choose not to debate religion with anybody. Been there, done that, to no good purpose. What do you want, to be convinced of something? Or are you just bored today? :confused:

Hey! I haven't said a word in at least 5 pages! Give me a break, huh?

As I wrote, when the questions get tough the Christians go running.

Great, now we get to hear Patty's sermons. :(

Wasa, that wasn't very nice.

What exactly are your questions??? I know one is 'would we approve of prayers offered at public places to Satan.' NO! I would not approve. Why? Because Satan is the enemy! Take a look around you. The majority rules in this country. Our president is chosen by the majority of votes, decisions are made by who is in favor, not opposed. When our forefathers came here from Europe, it was because they wanted to get away from the catholic church, who insisted EVERYONE follow their traditions. Then came the protestant movement when people protested to this. In other words, religious freedom. At the time, NOT meaning freedom to worship Satan or Allah or Mary, but Jesus. The high majority of christians that came to America wanted to be able to have a bible in their own home and live according to IT. Read the stories of the pioneers as they headed west, or of Abraham Lincoln and his beliefs or the Pilgrims when they kissed the rock and offered a prayer of thanks to JESUS for this land of the free. Christopher Columbus had a faith in God, and in his diaries are many accounts of his offering thanks to Jesus for guiding his paths. This country was founded on this belief. Benjamin Franklin was the one who insisted that if these men (writing the constitution) and meeting together to form this union did not pray to "our God in Heaven" before each assembly they would be meeting in vain. Thus why it is a custom to pray before the assemblies. (They're not talking to Satan there!) God is in our national anthem, on our money, in our pledge, our new president swore his oath on Lincoln's bible, we swear to tell the truth and nothing but the truth 'so help me GOD' in our courts of law, Our Pres. says "and may GOD Bless America" after every speech, There is a christian church in just about EVERY town across this nation, most times even more than one, (no doubt there are many different denominations of churches due to minor disagreements on small issues, but all believing in JESUS as the Savior) This country is predominantly Christian. Yes, we allow anyone to enter this country and believe any way they choose, even if it is to worhip or pray to Satan or in your case, to not believe in God at all. But, I say we were here first and if you don't want to conform to the christian faith, That's your right. But don't turn things around and make the majority of us accomodate you. You need to accomodate us! I feel the same way about foreigners who come to America who can't speak english. This country is ENGLISH speaking, and if you want to come here, don't expect us to accomodate you and have to learn your language, YOU need to speak english. My point is, believe anything you wish or nothing at all, but Christianity is here to stay! Atheists are constantly angered over what they feel is a push by christians to conform them, but I say if christians didn't have such a great love for the souls of all men, they wouldn't give two craps about trying to help others to see what they see. Instead of being angry at us, why not try to understand our motives for what we do? And if you choose not to embrace it, well, that's your choice.

Edited by pattygreen

I'm dodging bullets here, but I actually agree with pattygreen's last sermon.

I'll admit I never even read it. I just saw how long it was and chose not to bore myself.