Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Should prostitution be legal?

Should prostitution be legal?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Should prostitution be legal?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

Dear Was, the stomach is like a balloon. Very elasticized. My doctor told me this. He said that alot of people believe you can shrink your stomach back to its original size, but truth be told, you'll always be able to fit what you were once able to before dieting. Thus the reason for why it's just as difficult to maintain weight forever as it is to lose it. He said that this is the reason why he supports wls.

to answer your next question..., I did. I recognized that gluttony was a sin, I desired to be free from it and God helped me by informing me of the lapband. And God did get me through it.

You are right that sin is a christian concept. So, you don't believe as I do. So what. You have a right to believe any way you please. Just as I do. I guess to end that I'll just say this... In the end, we both shall see. God says that "Every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord of all." This I believe and I will gladly bend my knee.

By the way, we all vote acording to religion(what we believe).Your 'religion' if you call it, is atheism. You vote (make your decisions) accordingly. You are very right when you say that one day it won't be christianity, but other religions ruling the day. We are already there. God predicted this very thing, a turning away from Him and his truths, in the bible. It only brings us one day closer to his return. I welcome it. (I do not like the idea that man is dissing God and going his own way, but without that happening, we wouldn't see his return soon, for that has to happen first as the bible predicts.)

Your information about the stomach is incorrect. I'd suggest you ask TWood what the size of his stomach is right now. He had a severe infection resulting in a leak when he was banded and he's been on a feeding tube. His stomach was just xrayed with dye a couple of days ago. Ask him how big his stomach is.

If you dilate your pouch it doesn't stay that way, typically an unfill and liquids and the stomach goes from it's stretched state to its normal state. If it never went back into position after dilation then everyone with a dilated pouch would need surgical correction and they don't. The vast majority do not.

Your stomach is designed to hold a large quantity of food, that's why I like the sleeve. Mine won't stretch, the elastic part of my stomach was removed leaving the more muscular portion.

You are not catching on to what I have explained in detail. You couldn't stop your sinful nature without a man made product, you and your god couldn't do it alone, you needed human doctors. Yet you are demanding more of those that don't practice the same sins as you.

God didn't advertise the lap band, an advertising company did with logos and such. Inamed and J&J pay big bucks to make sure lap band lap band lap band is under your nose each place you go. TV advertising, MD office advertising, mags, newspapers, you can't go a day without hearing about the lap band. Why in the world would you suggest your god is responsible for the hard work of advertising agencies paid millions of dollars by drug companies?

Seems to me god didn't help you, advertising agencies and drug companies did through THEIR hard work.

I do not vote by religion and I do not vote according to atheism. I vote according to what I believe is best for society. I let people have their religion or lack of, I vote for the best person for the job or the best proposition.

People voted for bush due to religion and look at the mess they got us into?

BTW, atheism is not a religion. ;o)

I recognized that gluttony was a sin, I desired to be free from it and God helped me by informing me of the lapband. And God did get me through it.

:huh2: I shouldn't do this.... :glare:

I repeat... :glare: I shouldn't do this... :glare:

BUT.... WTH... I'm always intrigued by a statement like this. What makes you think that you didn't find the lapband on your own? Short of an image appearing saying "I have the answer my child - seek out the lapband." What makes you think God had anything to do with it?

If your answer is something like "well because God has a devine plan and therefore if I found the lapband that means he planned that for me so I give him the credit" well... then I'm glad that makes sense to you because it's as foggy as pea Soup to me... How can you give a higher power credit for everything good that happens, without conversly holding that power responsible for everything that goes bad?

Brad

Edited by bambam31

I think that's really a shame.

Because I have a problem with most denominations, I don't subscribe to one. I believe denominations have been created to make religion/God more palateable to certain groups of people. If/when I do go to church, I prefer non-denoms who just teach what is biblical rather than their spin on things.

I can pick out things I disagree with and I believe are not biblical in most denominations. I don't condemn them or anything as I believe that that is God's job. I simply find groups that believe as I do. Do I have it right? Maybe not. But all I can do is do the best I can based on what I believe in biblically.

One of my bosses at work is Catholic, and a topic came up that pertained to cry rooms at some churches (somebody said something we did at our work reminded them of the numbers that pop up in relation to cry rooms). She asked what we meant, and I explained to her what it is.

She said, "Well, in the REAL church, kids are with us all through the service." I said that they are not without instruction, just that it's done in children's Bible studies. But she said, "In the REAL church, they stay with us in service, and then they have catechism to learn the other stuff." My co-worker and I just stood there, mouths agape. Show me one three-year-old that understands a THING about what's going on in service and I'll eat my words. :huh2:

Well I'm certain these people exist in all denominations and I'm not intending to Catholic-bash (hell I was even married in a Catholic Church) but I even attended a Catholic school 1st through 8th grade so it's the only religion I been exhaustingly exposed to - but I have seen so much hypocrisy in the parisioners that it turns my stomach. From the priest right on down. The priest at this church is no more a holy man that I am... In fact if I were him I'd be embarrassed to claim that I was a man of God. They act so self-righteous and superior. And it's not just a few... And don't even get me started on the "who you know and who you are" game... This priest had no problem marrying me and my wife there. I had not regularly attended church in more than 5 years and my wife was not even Catholic - but I have friends who he wouldn't even give the time of day to... I have relatives in the church with "clout" so he wasn't about to turn me away... And the money... oh.. boy... don't even get me started on Churches and money....

BTW... I do believe in God - or at least a higher power - I'm just thinking these man made religions are probably not nearly as on course as they think...

Edited by bambam31

Beth, with all the greatest respect, you put the fun back into fundamentalism. Thanks, eh. This much appreciated.

Hehe, thanks! Most people just offer me a tinfoil hat. :huh2:

that is true, and I said that to him. He said that you will decrease your appetite some, but it's never the same and is much more easily stretched back out and will take far less time to do it.

that is true, and I said that to him. He said that you will decrease your appetite some, but it's never the same and is much more easily stretched back out and will take far less time to do it.

Well, that isn't what you wrote in your original post. You wrote that it will never go back into position.

You are correct, it will be more easily stretched once it is stretched once. But that does not take away from the fact that your information in your original post is not what you are claiming now.

Your stomach is designed to hold a large quantity of food. That's what it does.

Wait a minute - you said once it was stretched out it would stay there... now you're saying that once it was stretched out it would always re-stretch back out easier... That's not the same thing!

Brad

Well, that isn't what you wrote in your original post. You wrote that it will never go back into position.

You are correct, it will be more easily stretched once it is stretched once. But that does not take away from the fact that your information in your original post is not what you are claiming now.

Sorry wasa... you posted quicker than me... lol

I think that's really a shame.

Because I have a problem with most denominations, I don't subscribe to one. I believe denominations have been created to make religion/God more palateable to certain groups of people. If/when I do go to church, I prefer non-denoms who just teach what is biblical rather than their spin on things.

I can pick out things I disagree with and I believe are not biblical in most denominations. I don't condemn them or anything as I believe that that is God's job. I simply find groups that believe as I do. Do I have it right? Maybe not. But all I can do is do the best I can based on what I believe in biblically.

One of my bosses at work is Catholic, and a topic came up that pertained to cry rooms at some churches (somebody said something we did at our work reminded them of the numbers that pop up in relation to cry rooms). She asked what we meant, and I explained to her what it is.

She said, "Well, in the REAL church, kids are with us all through the service." I said that they are not without instruction, just that it's done in children's Bible studies. But she said, "In the REAL church, they stay with us in service, and then they have catechism to learn the other stuff." My co-worker and I just stood there, mouths agape. Show me one three-year-old that understands a THING about what's going on in service and I'll eat my words. :huh2:[/quo

I agree with you wholeheartedly. Everything you said. But, I chose to affiliate with the Assembly of God church, so that I could have a place to weekly meet and fellowship. I don't agree with everything they might say, but it ,to me , was the closest biblically that I could find. Besides, you'll never find the perfect church.

:huh2: I shouldn't do this.... :glare:

I repeat... :glare: I shouldn't do this... :glare:

BUT.... WTH... I'm always intrigued by a statement like this. What makes you think that you didn't find the lapband on your own? Short of an image appearing saying "I have the answer my child - seek out the lapband." What makes you think God had anything to do with it?

If your answer is something like "well because God has a devine plan and therefore if I found the lapband that means he planned that for me so I give him the credit" well... then I'm glad that makes sense to you because it's as foggy as pea Soup to me... How can you give a higher power credit for everything good that happens, without conversly holding that power responsible for everything that goes bad?

Brad

I can give him the credit for the good things, because God is good. Yet, He also allows bad things to happen. He does not over ride mans will. If you choose to do wrong, he allows the consequences. He also allows the consequences of what we all do, good or bad, to affect others. Hence why all sinful acts affect society as a whole.

Besides, you'll never find the perfect church.

Yes I can. The perfect church is on a mountainside or at a lake with my Bible and my God. Maybe just with my God. I don't need a building full of self-righteous hypocrites to be in church.

Did you ever blow up a balloon and then deflate it? If you look at it, it's larger than when you started and then when you put air in it, it blows up with less effort than the first time. You can still put just as much air in it as before you deflated it. You will need to control the amount of air you put into it if you want to keep it at half full say. Sorry, I meant it will go back into that position, but it will never stay there without your control.

Yes I can. The perfect church is on a mountainside or at a lake with my Bible and my God. Maybe just with my God. I don't need a building full of self-righteous hypocrites to be in church.

I stand corrected. You are right. You don't need a building. The church is not the building anyway, it is the people who believe in Jesus. But God did say 'Do not forsake the assembling of one another together.'

And to that I can say Amen!

Brad

Back when my oldest DD was in late Junior High, she began going to a local Baptist Church with one of her friends as opposed to going to the local Methodist where we had always gone. They had a bigger youth group and did puppet shows for the young kids....that sort of thing. I had no issue, I kept going to my usual church, and she would go just down the road.

One afternoon the preacher from the Baptist Church she was going to showed up at my door--and invited me to attend services with my DD. I explained I went to the Methodist Church, but appreciated the invitation, and he told me (now these are HIS words not mine)"There are places out there that call themselves churches that are far from it, but in the realm you and I are talking about, I look at it this way, we may all walk through different doors on Sunday mornings, but eventually we will all walk through the same Pearly Gates."

He told me what a great kid my DD was and went on his way.....with me thinking that this was truly a Christian man, in what I knew of him. He was kind, accepting, non judgemental, and made me feel good about ME, about the way I was raising my DD, about the choices I made.

I choose to look at it his way. And this pertains to my own beliefs---not trying to say it IS the way!!

Whether I walk in any door on Sunday, or whether as has been pointed out, I choose to worship on the side of a mountain, or in my easy chair.....where one goes is not getting them any closer, it is how they act in their day to day lives.

Kat