Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Should prostitution be legal?

Should prostitution be legal?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Should prostitution be legal?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

Since this thread on LEGALIZING prositution has morphed into one concerning ones christian beliefs....I have another question!

This was presented to me by my Dad I mentioned before during a simple conversation.

IF being a Christian were suddenly outlawed---could YOU be convicted? Are there personal witnesses who have SEEN with their own eyes your good deeds, and your lack of judging them or others? Have you SPOKEN with them regarding religion or christianity?

OR is there only hearsay regarding your belief?

I know many people who would claim to be guilty, but many fewer who could be convicted!!!!

He ask me this more than 20 years ago, and it still runs around in my head now and then....and does affect how I treat and look at others!!

Kat

Sorry but what has this got to do with lapband or weight loss? Get focused and email or go to another site to talk about this.

grandmasandy

Sorry but what has this got to do with lapband or weight loss? Get focused and email or go to another site to talk about this.

grandmasandy

Grandma, enough already. You joined yesterday and have got all of seven posts under your belt and THREE of them that I've read have been telling people what to do! Mind your own business and stay on the MULTIPLE threads that have what you want in them! There are other threads dedicated to other issues on this site as well.

{I pointed that out because you act as if the prostitute and her sin is somehow removed from your sin. She may be sinning without knowing God, yet you sin WHILE knowing God. Which one is worse??} I believe it is worse for the unbeliever who sins because they will not have an advocate to stand before God for them. (refering to Jesus). The believer in Christ will be forgiven. The unbeliever will not be. Her sin is no worse than mine in God's eyes. If you think I believe I am better than her then you have me wrongly pegged.

{But you ARE being judgmental to act as if their sin is somehow different from your sin. You act all high and mighty because you are saved, but yet you sin still... just like they do.}

like I said many times before, ALL sin. Even the saved. I never said or acted as if her sin was different than mine. The only difference between a believer who sins and an unbeliever who sins is where they will spend eternity.

{Yet when you were told you were sinning as well, you said I wrote a "nasty post" to you. :rolleyes:}

so what? you did write a nasty note to me. You said that 'I should go and stand with the prostitute.' I said 'I only have to stand with her in this life.'

What's sinful about that? If I said anything to offend you personally, I apologize.

{Do you love them because you are called to, or do you love them because you feel superior to them and they make you feel better about yourself?}

What makes you think that I feel superior to them? or that loving people makes me feel better about myself? I have a love for people because we were all created in God's image. Even though we never met, I have a love for you because I know that every soul is precious to my Father. (I don't always love what people say or do(like prostitution), but I love them).....( I can't figure out how to use quotes in my posts, but I put the answer to your comments directly under them above)

Edited by pattygreen

grandmasandy

Dearest grandmasandy,

This thread is properly placed in the Rants and Raves area, buried and secluded. Please note this when telling us when and where to talk about this or other subjects besides the "lap-band". If you would like a playground where you only talk of the Lap-Band, there is plenty of WWW space for you to create your own website.

All Lap-Band and no play would make this a VERY dull board.

Have a Great Day, and much success on your banding!

Most Sincerely,

Diva

As far as the mansion thing goes, I hope she does get a bigger mansion than me. I will be content to just be there.

I wonder if PG loves sinners as much as the Christian Crusaders loved the non Christians they slew?

Seriously, Patty, if you don't get it, I can't help you. Even Jesus Himself can't help you get it, otherwise I would be seeing the Holy Spirit coming though in your words, not condemnation. That is your issue, not mine. "By their fruits you will know them." Your fruits are a bit hard and bitter.

grandmasandy

I just explained to you on another thread--the Posting Just to Post thread, that LBT encompasses many subjects, many involving lap band and many that don't.

Even on the threads that are not directly related to the band, it is something that draws us all together.

There are many areas on the site that should appeal to what you are apparantly looking for, discussion of the band only.....please look around and you will find a bountiful selection of them.

In the meantime, I personally would appreciate it if you would not tell me what to do, and what I can or cannot talk about on this site, or when I should take a conversation to email.

Alex runs this site....not you, and not me. He has however ask my help in moderating the site, and even with that I do my level best not to tell people what to do, I seriously would appreciate the same consideration from you.

Kat

Who wants to just talk about the band all the time??? That would be very boring. And grandmasandy, if you don't like this topic then I suggest that you not visit the powder room!!!!!!

OK.., Patty.

Let's get something very straight, from one Christian to another.

Please, get off the judgement... it is not the seat that Christ gave you.

:sneaky:

Who wants to just talk about the band all the time??? That would be very boring. And grandmasandy, if you don't like this topic then I suggest that you not visit the powder room!!!!!!

oh dear, dont give her any ideas. granny is acting 89 instead of her posted 49....

Please, get off the judgement... it is not the seat that Christ gave you.

Love it, love it, love it!

Thanks Steve

I like the idea of making being a born again christian against the law. I think that would solve lots of things.

Over time, I have been told I am going to hell many times because I did not get born again, and make the Lord Jesus my personal saviour. When I point out that I am Catholic born and raised - although not currently practicing - they say the original Baptism, and later Confirmation doesn't count.

It appears to me, from my understanding of the bible, that Jesus hung with prostitutes and tax collectors (usually referred to as sinners) and other people who at the time were assumed to be sinners (leapers for example). Times changed, and Tax collectors are not sinners, neither are leapers.

Also, please remember. Jesus or God the father, if you will did not write the Bible. Not the original one, not the King James version, most commonly used by Christians at this time.

It is my understanding that only God can determine what is a sin, and only God can judge you for those same sins. Yet, I have been judged most by people who claim to be Christians.

In my view, Prostitutes are not doing anything wrong. They are business people - please note the use of people, not women as Prostitutes come in many varieties. They provide a service and some of them make a tremendous amount of money - over $250K/year.

I built this opinion by watching an HBO series called Cathouse, which follows the operations of the Midnight Bunny Ranch that is located outside of Reno, NV. It is the best known brothel in the US. The women on this show are bright, pleasant, and seem to genuinely enjoy their job. I would encourage the people against prostitutes to take a gander at this series. I think it will open your eyes.

One last thing. I don't want to see a boatload of replies about Catholicism. I know it has it's faults and it's demons, and it is these things that make me a non practicing Catholic.

Now put down that cookie and get back to loosing weight!

I like the idea of making being a born again christian against the law. I think that would solve lots of things.

Over time, I have been told I am going to hell many times because I did not get born again, and make the Lord Jesus my personal saviour. When I point out that I am Catholic born and raised - although not currently practicing - they say the original Baptism, and later Confirmation doesn't count.

It appears to me, from my understanding of the bible, that Jesus hung with prostitutes and tax collectors (usually referred to as sinners) and other people who at the time were assumed to be sinners (leapers for example). Times changed, and Tax collectors are not sinners, neither are leapers.

Also, please remember. Jesus or God the father, if you will did not write the Bible. Not the original one, not the King James version, most commonly used by Christians at this time.

It is my understanding that only God can determine what is a sin, and only God can judge you for those same sins. Yet, I have been judged most by people who claim to be Christians.

In my view, Prostitutes are not doing anything wrong. They are business people - please note the use of people, not women as Prostitutes come in many varieties. They provide a service and some of them make a tremendous amount of money - over $250K/year.

I built this opinion by watching an HBO series called Cathouse, which follows the operations of the Midnight Bunny Ranch that is located outside of Reno, NV. It is the best known brothel in the US. The women on this show are bright, pleasant, and seem to genuinely enjoy their job. I would encourage the people against prostitutes to take a gander at this series. I think it will open your eyes.

One last thing. I don't want to see a boatload of replies about Catholicism. I know it has it's faults and it's demons, and it is these things that make me a non practicing Catholic.

Now put down that cookie and get back to loosing weight!

Nice Post. ;)