Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Should prostitution be legal?

Should prostitution be legal?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Should prostitution be legal?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

Well, besides the "I ate a double double burger from In N Out two days post op" thread.

Ok, I know I'm a little behind on my reading, BUT WHO DID THIS???!!!!!!!!!!!

I also stopped reading pattygreen's posts on this topic about 8 pages ago because all I see when I read them is BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

green, I believe people indulge in gluttony for the same reason people indulge in any sinful act. They desire to. Plain and simple. Sin is any desire humans have to do the things they choose to do outside of the will of God. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak. Me, and me alone brings that fork up to my mouth. Any time our own children do something outside of our will, such as stay out past their curfew, or lie to us, we discipline them. Doesn't mean we don't love them, we just want them to learn from their wrongs. Just like the prostitute suffers with the consequences of an abusive john or a venerial disease, gluttons suffer with the consequences of health problems, lack of self esteem, and the list goes on. ( like I said in the past , and got jumped all over about) You reap what you sow. (When you put more food in your body than it needs, you get fat) If the consequence of johns not being abusive towards their prostitutes was not there, they would continue to live in their sin. Just as a parent allows consequences for their children, God allows them for prostitutes. Doesn't mean he doesn't love them, only that he is just. The law of reaping and sowing also goes in the other direction. If you sow good seed, you reap a bountiful blessing.

Beth, I only need to stand next to the prostitute in this life. As you know, because I am a sinner and have trusted Jesus' work on the cross, I will stand next to Him in eternity.

Patty, you either have issues comprehending or you simply cannot accept the fact that your ways are predominantly viewed as sanctimonious.

We all understand your stance on whether prostitution should be legal. We don’t argue your stance and some…many even, agree that prostitution should not be legal.

The point that, pretty much everyone has tried to make in this thread and others is that the way you convey your opinions and beliefs are often insulting judgemental and belittling. It is a huge turnoff and not the way God would have someone behave when representing him. Do yourself a favor and open your mind and try to see that your attitude could use a little adjusting. You obviously love God and could do a lot more in serving him if you were willing to accept and improve on your faults. Continuing in the way you are going now is only turning people off.

Edited by Jodi_620

OK.., Patty.

Let's get something very straight, from one Christian to another.

As long as God puts us in this world, we are called by Jesus first and formemost to love all people. Jesus never told us to judge people, even if we think they are living in sin. We are just called to love them and, in doing so, set an example.

Saying "I only have to stand next to them in this life" may be true... especially if you think that you can condemn them to hell. I personally believe that I might be standing next to a bunch of hookers, pimps, druggies, and yes, even forgiven judgemental fat Christians who have found grace in Christ when I get to heaven.

Please, get off the judgement... it is not the seat that Christ gave you.

Hold on. Yes, let's get something very straight. I do not think (or would ever even desire) I can condemn someone to hell. I, too, KNOW that I will be standing next to every sinner possible (myself included) in Heaven. For we both know there is not one who hasn't sinned. I wrote that to beth, (who claims to know the scriptures well, so she knows of what I speak) who made a nasty remark to me in her last post and told me that I should go and stand next to the prostitute. I cast judgement on noone. Did I say "that prostitute is going to hell?" No. I only stated that she is doing wrong in God's eyes therefore her job should not be legalized. So stop calling me judgemental. Only God can judge the sinner, and he says we will know them by their fruits and he is not shy on allowing us to know what is and is not sinful. I'm not afraid to call sin what it is. Many people don't like to hear the word sin. It may bring conviction to them and it's uncomfortable. Now, as far as being called to love people by God, You are very right. I genuinely love all people. I have a heart for all souls. But we are not just called to love them. we are also called to preach the good news, to help others, to give of our time, money and talents, etc. (and even to point out God's stand on issues.) I have a desire for all people to see and understand that these debates concerning right and wrong actions in life can be solved with God's word. He has the answers in there. He wrote them for all mankind to read and to grow in knowledge. You of all people should know this. (being a minister and all)

Edited by pattygreen

Beth, I only need to stand next to the prostitute in this life. As you know, because I am a sinner and have trusted Jesus' work on the cross, I will stand next to Him in eternity.

HOW DO YOU KNOW?? How do you know you won't also be standing next to the prostitute as well? You don't know that she isn't a believer in Christ NOW. This is EXACTLY what I'm talking about! :rolleyes:

And frankly, I only "know" you're a Christian because you have told me, not by anything you have shown here.

Saying "I only have to stand next to them in this life" may be true... especially if you think that you can condemn them to hell. I personally believe that I might be standing next to a bunch of hookers, pimps, druggies, and yes, even forgiven judgemental fat Christians who have found grace in Christ when I get to heaven.

Please, get off the judgement... it is not the seat that Christ gave you.

Can anybody say WOOT WOOT?? :rolleyes::hurray::tt2:

How do I know? Because there wont be any sin in heaven. Once we get there our slates are wiped clean. Woot! Woot!

Edited by pattygreen

And if she is a believer in Christ NOW, then when she gets to heaven she won't be a prostitute and her sin of that offense will be remembered no more. Hence why I won't be standing next to a prostitute in heaven.

I wrote that to beth, (who claims to know the scriptures well, so she knows of what I speak) who made a nasty remark to me in her last post and told me that I should go and stand next to the prostitute.

I pointed that out because you act as if the prostitute and her sin is somehow removed from your sin. She may be sinning without knowing God, yet you sin WHILE knowing God. Which one is worse??

I cast judgement on noone. Did I say "that prostitute is going to hell?" No. I only stated that she is doing wrong in God's eyes therefore her job should not be legalized. So stop calling me judgemental.

But you ARE being judgmental to act as if their sin is somehow different from your sin. You act all high and mighty because you are saved, but yet you sin still... just like they do.

Only God can judge the sinner,

Then why do YOU keep doing it??

and he says we will know them by their fruits and he is not shy on allowing us to know what is and is not sinful.

Pride is sinful, and your fruits appear bitter.

I'm not afraid to call sin what it is. Many people don't like to hear the word sin. It may bring conviction to them and it's uncomfortable.

Yet when you were told you were sinning as well, you said I wrote a "nasty post" to you. :rolleyes:

Now, as far as being called to love people by God, You are very right. I genuinely love all people.

Do you love them because you are called to, or do you love them because you feel superior to them and they make you feel better about yourself?

How do I know? Because there wont be any sin in heaven. Once we get there our slates are wiped clean. Woot! Woot!

Then you had better be kinder to the prostitute because she'll be standing beside you, for sure. And wouldn't it be amazing if she ended up with a bigger mansion. :rolleyes:

pattygreen, I am a christian as well, and I understand what you are trying to say, but you are going about it all wrong. Jesus showed love to everyone and that is the way we are supposed to live as well. There is a better way to get your point across without sounding high and mighty and judgemental. As a christian, you are supposed to be trying to show christ's love and get others to know christ. But by the way you are talking, you are just pushing people away.

And if she is a believer in Christ NOW, then when she gets to heaven she won't be a prostitute and her sin of that offense will be remembered no more. Hence why I won't be standing next to a prostitute in heaven.

I agree with patty green's statement here.

I don't believe that there will be any prostitution in heaven.

However here on earth, i feel that it should be legalized.

my reasoning is, more for the protection of the prostitute and the customers.

If legal you take most of the criminals out of the picture, you allow the girls recourse to go to LE (law enforcement) if they are abused. Or the consumer if robbed.

This is not generally reported now, due to they are involved in a illegal act. Allowing the criminals to act with some level of impunity.

Also are the health issues, with say a license with mandatory health checks would allow tracking of the spread of STD's, and treatment if possible.

Also the legalization would help empower women to make their choice.

I checked on the web and found to my surprise that quite a few countries have some forum of legal prostitution.

In fact both of our immediate neighbors to the north, and south have some form of legal prostitution this doesn't seem to be a problem for them.

JMHO

luv the BBQ!