Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How slow is weight loss with the band? Who writes down what they eat?

Seems like my weight is taking forever to come off. Banded Aug 5th, first fill Oct3rd. Only down 19lbs. I believe I am eating right. I go to the gym I am never just sitting around.

Does anyone else seem to be moving slow on the weight loss with the band?

Maybe I need to write down.

I too write everything down - food, Water, exercise (I wear a heart rate monitor when I work out so I can get a general idea of calories burned) - and the more I pay attention to staying within what works for me (approx. 1000 C/day), the better I do. Some people use Daily Plate, but I just handwrite everything and look it up with CalorieKing.

There was a study a while ago on weight loss that found that people who wrote down what the ate, when/calories, did better at taking off weight and maintaining if they continued to journal it. I know if works for me. YMMV.

Edited by Lisa B

i too also journal what i eat & my exercise. if i don't see it in writing, i can't make adjustments......i also was a slow loser in the beginning, the journal habit kept me honest when i would get frustrated...

I guess I should get in the habit and write down. I really hate it.

I should try. I'll have to get myself a journal. I guess and keep it with you always. I am not good at this part. I feel like I should have been down more weight then only 20 lbs. Since I was banded August 5th and First filled Oct 3rd. So I feel I am doing something wrong and I know I can over eat. That I am eating the wrong foods. I do workout. I have lost allot of inches. I know me and I know I am not doing what I am suppose to do. Couple of weeks ago I let myself go and started back on the wrong road. Well I guess I need to pay more attention to myself. I need to write my food intake and calories down. I just never really feel full.:biggrin:

i was losing very slowly until my fourth fill last month -- and now i am losing 2 to 4 lbs. per week. if you had been able to do it yourself, you wouldn't have gotten the band, so DON'T BE SO HARD ON YOURSELF. once you are properly filled you will physically not be able to eat the way you used to...before that, just do the best you can. have you had other possibilities ruled out, like slow thyroid, etc? you will get there, i promise!!!

Thnak you all very much.....I guess this all just plays with your head. The thought of finallt losing weight....sounds so good and I know it will come. I do think I need another fill. I am going to wait another week and then call my doctor.

I do eat right I have always been on the more heathly side of food.....it's portion size for me and if I am at a party or something I pick. Learn to stop that. But being filled has stopped me from using a big dish and eating seconds. I eat to fast too. I have almost learn to slow up getting there.

I just want to see weight come off. It drives me nuts.