Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NSV (Non Scale Victory!!!)

I had a great NSV last weekend. Before my surgery my BP was very high, also I could not walk to the back of the grocery store without getting out of breath. Last Saturday DH and I went to a Fall Festival with GD to see her gymnastics class perform. I had to walk so far and I was not out of breath at all. That was so exciting for me !! BP is doing much better, should be getting off of it soon.

Share your stories everyone, enjoy hearing everyones NSV's.

I have a hard time telling that I have lost weight. My daughter is always telling me she can tell and for me it is just not that easy. I have been walking as my form of exercise and I walk during my breaks down the halls at work. The other day, someone I have never met, came up to me at lunch and said, "I see you walking the halls and believe me when I tell you, you can really see that it is working for you. You look great." That was such a victory for me. I expect my daughter to say kind things, but when a stranger does it really helped me. Can't wait till I can see it.

Lindar !! That is Awesome!

I have lost 33 1/2 lbs. No one I work with or anyone in my family has commented on my weight loss. It hurts. My son in Ga. will ask how much have you lost. I think maybe my co-workers and family nearby don't say anything because when I lose I tell them all and they say, that's great. So...I have decided not to ever say anything again unless they ask. I'm going to wait and see who and how long it will be before someone says...Pj you are really losing weight. :thumbup:

I bet that made your day!!! WTG

WTG both of you! I know it is amazing how some people do not say anything or appear not to notice, I think sometimes they are afraid to say anything. I know I walked into one of my schools last week and of course one of my smallest directors looked at me and said oh my gawd! you have lost a lot of weight! That made my day. Another NSV loss is when your snug clothes are become so baggy they look horrible on you. I cleaned out my closet and now it looks bare, but oh well I can deal with that if the pounds keep coming off. I am hoping for down 50lbs by Halloween. I am down 49 now so I got one to go this week.

Good Luck everyone!

Azlife, that is GREAT !! I know that made your day, sure would mine. Congrats on your almost 50 lb loss. WTG !!

Maybe I should wear my clothes that I was wearing when I started diet, then maybe peeps would notice. I have size 22-16 in 3 of my closests plus clothes in storage bins in garage. My weight has always gone up and down...so, since I've lost I have gone down 1 size and wearing clothes that fit since I already have them. OH well...that will be my greatest day, when someone says something to me....waiting......:eek:

My recent NSV has been collecting all my winter shirts in a trash bag at the bottom of my closet because they way too big for me. Last winter I was squeezing into a 3x and now 1x fits me with room to spare. I also went to try on some new pants this weekend. I picked up a size 20 for fun and a size 22 because that is 1 size smaller then I wear now. I tried on the size 20's 1st and they fit. They were snug, but I bought them anyway.

I often see myself in the mirror as the same. It is hard to see the changes but the clothes do help convince me that I am smaller.:)

Claudine I have felt the same way. It is hard to see the change, but I know my clothes are not lying to me. One of my students said I needed another new pair of pants, I had a baggy butt! How funny is that, they are a new pair of pants and already getting really loose.

The hard work is paying off. I think some people are afraid to say anything because "weight" is a taboo topic and they don't want to offend you. I agree, that it would be nice if they would say something, we are all working so hard and you want that to be recognized! So. . . WTG Everyone, you are lookin' great!

Got a call from my mum today to tell me that she'd gone into our local Chemist to get a prescription and the lady there started Gushing..."Your daughter came in the other day and I didn't recognise her at first she is looking great!! She is gorgeous!"

Then had a friend at work come up to me and say "Mate I just want to say you are looking great, keep it up!!"

Today I noticed that the jeans I have on today that I thought would last for a while are becoming loose, i could probably take them off without undoing buttons if I wanted!!

I've worked in a hospital for almost 5 yrs so I see tons of people ...well almost everyday I see someone that comment on my weight loss just random people come up and say wow u look great ..whatever your doing its working for you..

I've only lost about 26lbs but I was able to sell my large size jeans on ebay this past week and make a few $! I was also able to borrow some smaller jeans from a friend because two sizes down is a bit snug (though I can get them on and zipped!) but I don't want to buy any more of this size because I know it won't be long before I won't need them anymore!

I think the best thing was a lady who manages a eatery that I love saw me the other day (don't worry, I was ordering salad!) said "Wow, you are looking good. I can really tell you are loosing some weight". I could have kissed her! The only people who have said anything are my mother and my best friend and you kinda feel like they would be encouraging even if you couldnt tell I'd lost anything. It felt good to have a "stranger" say something!

Awesome NSV's everyone. I can't wait until someone comments on my weight loss. Keep up the good work !!

These NSV victories are the best! I have started a pile in my close and I called it the too big. Nothing feels better than to put something on and have to change because it is too baggie!!!! I am not use to that ... it use to be because it is too tight! Way to go everyone I love to see and read everyone's success. Definately makes you feel at home.

Have a great weekend!

Today I went shopping for a new Bra. I have never been so excited buying a Bra before. I am down 1 size....Woo Hoo !!! My Mom was laughing because I was so Happy !! :rolleyes2:

Last night I wore my "Snow White" costume that I wore 20 years ago when I was in High School. I could not believe that it fit, actually, it was a bit loose! Yea Me!