Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did you notice before surgery?

I never realized how MANY AND OFTEN there are commercials on TV for food. It really sucks when (durning pre and post op) you can't have anything for liquids!!!

I need to see a Swansons Commercial for some new sort of broth or how bout some Hooters Girls selling me some Protein powder!;)

This is why I watch "time-shifted". I can space right through the commercials. But when I watch live, oh my, it's torture sometimes. Or when I'm watching a show and they eat on it. Ugh.

Guest BikiniBeachy

Absolutely! I couldn't stand it. Stuffed crust pizza!!!!!!!!! I still see it and cringe. Thank goodness for my DVR.

But I still spot that soft tender crust with melted mozarella, even in fast motion...

OMG! You hit it right on the money--- As soon as like day 3 or 4 goes by after surgery and you're starting to heal and get your appetite back it is like BAM! Holy scrumptious commercials. I never wanted a cheeseburger so bad-- between the McD's, Burger King, Red Robin and Sonic commericals I wanted to throw myself into oncoming traffic.

I could have broth though--on the advice of our guru nurse I even strained actual chicken noodle Soup and that hit the spot big time.

I totally agree! Thank goodness for DVR and fast forwarding! It is also amazing how much my friends talk about food. I'm like, stop already!

Isn't is the truth? I never realized how much everyone talks about food and eating. I had to actually take 2 of my employees aside (they all know I had the surgery) and let them know that I cannot have them going on and on and on and on about what they are craving, what they want to eat, what is for dinner or lunch etc.

It makes me want to kick them in the freaking mouth. I am not even hungry and then my secretary (who is like a bikini model but bi*ches constantly how she is fat) constantly goes into a rampages about french fries and tacos etc and all the things she wants to eat and how tasty the food is. I swear she is doing it on purpose. She knows I love tacos and pizza. For example--"Oh I am so happy it is $5 pizza night-- I am going to be a pig and eat half of it-- Kim don't you just love pizza"? Yes- You skinny idiot a-hole- the size of my a$$ and love of pizza would be why I had a lap band put on-- NOW GO FILE SOMETHING AND QUIT TALKING TO ME ABOUT FOOD I CAN"T EAT. Obviously I can't say that to her-- talk about an HR nightmare.

I attempt to change the topic.... Sorry about the ranting....

I have heard before that you need to retrain the people around you, but it is soooo true! I had a friend who never forwards me anything forward me this wonderful cookie recipe...they don't get it! Then, my Mom who is very supportive and lost a good amount of weight herself, asked me if I wanted to go to Cheesecake Factory with my cousin Sunday. She said I could eat ice cream or cheesecake while they eat dinner. I was like, first of all I can't eat those things and second of all I'm really not ready to go out to eat yet since I'm still in the mushy phase. I really didn't think I'd have to say anything to her, I thought that she would understand, but I guess I do!

You all are too funny..... and too right. Maybe we should just put our hands on our ears and scream, "LA LA LA LA LA LA". I am also learning how to give directions without saying... go down 2 blocks and take a right at the Burger King.... go about 4 blocks and take a left at the pizza Hut... it is just past the Wendy's. And I am thankful for Tivo. Good luck to you all. Keep smiling and don't hit anyone. Becky

off the topic.... how do I change my Avatar so that I'm not just another green person??

I had to have a talk with my mom about calling me about food. She loves to just call and tell me what she ate today or what she is thinking about eating. I explained that if she is going to talk to me, we are have to have real conversation and not talk about food all of the time. She said that I should just get used to talking about food. I told her that I have to decide that food is not my life anymore. She doesn't get it yet.

off the topic.... how do I change my Avatar so that I'm not just another green person??

Go to user cp. On the left hand side you will see an avatar option. It will let you either choose one of their avatars, or choose a picture from you computer.