Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OUCH - Too Tight!!

So, I went for my 3rd fill last Friday. What an experience that was. I was at 3cc's and she gave me 1 more cc for a total of 4cc's. I swallowed some Water at the office and I was fine but I could feel the tightness in my chest. I was on my way home and I swallowed some water and then felt that horrible feeling when something is stuck. I thought how on earth could water get stuck:ohmy:. I rode for about another 10 minutes in some great discomfort. When I finally got home, I threw up the water. Hmm...that was just this beginning of the nightmare. I made some peppermint tea thinking that maybe some warm liquid would calm me down. Wrong move. Within 20 minutes I was rushing back to my doctor's office because I could no longer swallow my own saliva. I was in pain and I was scared. I rushed into the office and ran into the back. She immediately dropped what she was doing and laid me on the table. I got .6 cc's taken out and what a world of difference that has made.

From now on I don't want aggressive fills. That was a scary and horrific experience being too tight. I would much rather inch my way up to the sweet spot as to not feel that pain anymore.

I think it's better to be a bit too loose than in the shadow of being too tight. I don't think I'm too tight now, but I'm a bit tighter than I want to be. The band sometimes loosens up a bit over time and can also tighten up a bit over time. I'm hoping my band loosens a bit.

Claudine~ So glad you are doing better! How scary!!! I have been tight since my last fill, but nothing like that. I am glad that you shared your story. I will keep that in mind when I go for my next fill!

Oh no!!! Glad to hear you could get back and get relief relatively quickly Claudine!! Hope you are doing ok!

1 week out from that horrible experience and i feel much better. It took a while for things to settle down. I think I am at a good place right now. I can only feel restriction after I eat a little. I can no longer finish a frozen dinner at lunch. I am not sure I am at my sweet spot because I still get pretty hungry between meals. But so far, this last fill (including what she took out) is working pretty good for me. I just hope it can last until Thanksgiving. I think that will be a huge challenge for most of us.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Oh no. I have been so afraid of what you went through I have only had 1 fill and asked to only put in 1/2 of what he normally does.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I am glad you are doing better.

Claudine, I'm due to see my Dr for a fill next week and because I think I'm close to good restriction, I think now I may ask for a small fill of maybe 0.25cc - 0.4cc.

I can't eat a lot of things like rice, chicken breast and boiled egg (a recent discovery) and I eat too fast sometimes too, and as a result have had a few episodes of throwing up my food in the last month.

I think in light of your experience, I too might be better off going slow with my fills and seeing how I go.

I'm glad you're feeling better now, matey.

Thanks for sharing. I am seeing my doctor on Friday for either another fill and to talk. I've had three or four experiences this past month of having food get stuck and I was miserable when it happened. No relief until I cough the stuck food up. Its not even digested but it sure gets stuck.

I hear about the "sweet spot" and I'm just not sure if I'm there or not. I know I have to make careful choices on what I eat and don't eat. I have to chew very well and NOT to eat when I get stressed or talk too much. I will talk to my doctor and figure out how I am doing. My husband really wants me to take some Fluid out. It really scared him when he saw me with the food stuck. I am not choking and can breathe but he can see it on my face. My chest gets tight and uncomfortable. I had the saliva coming up with a royal food that was stuck. It was awful! I can't seem to eat rice or a hamburger or some kinds of chicken and fish.