Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am hoping to start a help group. I am on mushy stage and needing to get in 80 grams of protein.. How do you do it.. I am still a bit swollen so get eat to much. so I am struggling.. Fill up fast. Also getting burned out on Protein Drinks fast

Thanks in advance:confused_smile:

If you are on the mushy stage you could probably take some refried Beans and add a little light sourcream and cheese on them. If you have a Taco Bueno there, they sale cups of Beans and this goes down well, very filling and good Protein source. Depending on what your doctor considers mushy, you could also take Bumble bee tuna (or any tuna), add some light miracle whip and mix that and eat that as well. Plenty of Protein there. You could also do skim milk with a little bit of flavoring in it.. that is a good filling protein source. Star bucks has latte's and you can use lowfat or skim milk and those have like 18 grams of protein I believe. Any more than 20 grams of protein in one sitting does not get absorbed into your body.

When I got banded, I was told to get at least 60 grams of protein a day.. I guess each doctor is different though.

Hope this helps.

Hi, Go to "The Vitamin Shoppe" buy the New Whey Liquid Protein bullets. They are only 3 oz, and have 42 grams of Protein in them. They are very sweet, but because they are only 3 oz they are very easy to get down. One first thing in the morning, and BAM 1/2 your protein for the day. If you drink 2 it's your protein for the whole day. They are a little pricey though. I have a hard time drinking a lot of the protein stuff, as I don't like the taste. That is why I love these. I can suffer through 3 oz. and they really don't taste bad, just very sweet. Like liquid jello! Good Luck!

Also things like cottage cheese, yogurt in between help a lot. Oh, and cheese. Everyone loves cheese.

Also things like cottage cheese, yogurt in between help a lot. Oh, and cheese. Everyone loves cheese.

My surg. recommended powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury unflavored Protein. I add it to my cereal/cream of wheat/oatmeal and 1 scoop is 20g of Protein. I have also been sprinkling that on my mushie veggies..so I am sneaking the protein in. I agree the shakes are getting old. So I have lessened my "shake/pudding" intake, but have really added to my protein. I am getting the 80 in & I am only 1 week post op as of today.

I also ordered teh sample packs off teh web site & am tasting those...I like the HMR choc. better? just me.

Look at www.unjury.com

Good Luck! Debbie

I'm pre-op with a surgery date still pending. I also ordered the sample packets from Unjury, when I received them they came with some ideas on how to mix them to get more variety. Their strawberry was very good mixed with Crystal light lemonade. Also I have a friend who had her surgery a year ago, she suggested the carnation instant breakfast and adding an extra scoop of unflavored Protein powder. It was suggested by her doctor for her to have scrambled eggs (I know every doctor is different).

I just had surgery on 10/16. I am having the same issue! I went to my f/u yest and I have lost a little over 10 lbs in 1 week because I don't like the shakes and things anymore. I am now on mushy so hopefully things will improve. I had some tuna, a mashed potato, you can have eggs, yogurt, skim milk, pureed fish or chicken. Pretty much any Protein source that can be smushed in a blender. Good luck!

I really appreciate all the good info. I was banded on 10/14 and am finally due to go on mushies on 10/28 and can't wait. I'm more into salty stuff and relly don't like the Protein drinks that are sweet. One of the staff in the office told me to try egg salad next week (without bread of course) using light mayo and I'm excited at that prospect.

I am doing much better on the mushies, but I am still not eating much. How have you been feeling? I am feeling much better, just a little sore. I am getting more gas with the mushie foods though. How long do you have to do th emushie stuff and how many weeks do you have to wait for your first fill?