Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Zoe, when I went to Billy, the exact words I used were, "I don't need a port, I need to be whacked upside the head."

I hate numbers, too. They just add up too fast!

Just for the record I am on a lose weight save money kick!!! I know everyone will join me on the lose weight!!

I've had the same ugly awakening when it comes to nuts. Frankly, for my money, chips are a better snack FOR ME, because there's more satisfaction per calorie in them. chips aren't really a trigger food for me--a few often are enough to answer the craving for crunch. And I really feel like I've eaten something after a few of those huge tortilla chips have passed my mouth.

Nuts are dangerous because they're so danged tiny! Full of Protein, sure, but also almost 100% fat. I try to keep away except in the case of a late-afternoon pick-me-up before going home, in lieu of something sweet.

It's when I eat ice cream that Portion Control can go totally out the window. Sometimes--not all the time, but sometimes--I can easily put away a pint. Aargh!

Isn't a pint a serving when it comes to ice cream?

I went "nuts" buying nuts and healthy Snacks in California over the weekend before my appointment. I love Wasabi Green Peas and someone (not mentioning names) recently got me hooked on wasabi peanuts, so I've been eating them by the bag. I was floored when Billy used wasabi peas as an example of a bad, bad food choice (how the hell did he know I'd been into wasabi peas?) Alex, he said he'd rather have a bag of chips, too.

I (we) keep looking for the one food that we can eat in abundance while playing mind games that it's healthy or low cal. Maybe I'll freeze dry some celery. Yumm. Hack.

Wow, what a great thread. I've been working hard on being honest with myself, let alone anyone else. I made up excuses to not exersize for a few weeks, and now my ankle is sprained. I can't tell if I'm using that as an excuse, or if I really truly should stay off it for a while. I should get out my arm weights and at least do that. We can always do something, right?

As for portions and calories, I HATE how they add up. Around lunch time I think I'm doing really great because I usually have had about 600 calories or so. It's way too easy to pack in another 1000 by the end of the day. I try to stick to 1200 to 1500. I usually bump 1500 on most days, and I know I do go over on some days. My eating for the holiday weekend was actually pretty good, but I'm sure the drinking took me WAY over my quota. I didn't bother to count. I actually don't count calories for the most part, but at any point during the day, I could do a tally. I'm VERY aware of what I'm taking in and how many calories something has these days. After that, it's a matter of whether I'm willing to eat _______ and take a chunk out of my allowed calories.

I think Dr. Billy has something going with the idea of being fully aware of the portions sizes, etc, and then deciding if you still want to eat the whole bag, or whatever it happens to be.

I was caught up in being too tight for a couple of months because whenever I thought about having fill taken out I just beat myself up saying that I just wanted to eat more, but things got even tighter and I lived on liquids for about a week and gave in. I haven't PB'd since, which is a good thing, and I don't think my portion sizes when I eat are all that bad. Snacking of course is the problem. bleah

I just bought the book and spent a whopping $6.08 from Amazon.com. I know I've seen the book before but now I'll sit and wait for it to be mine... maybe Chris can use it to whack me upside the head.

Isn't a pint a serving when it comes to ice cream?
Absolutely! Glad I'm not alone in this.

Maybe I will start a "whack upside the head" thread for those of us who need one. My brain hurts!

If you do start it Zoe, can we have a section where we can whack our DH upside his pointy head too? He eats big bags of nuts in a sitting. And has McDonald's shakes for dinner most nights in the week... He's never going to get to Tripoli... WAAA

I love everything you guys have said! I can't tell you the freedom in knowing I am not alone for the first time. I have tons if skinny, pretty, b*tch friends. They have NO idea what it is like. I love my LBT friends. THANK YOU SO much for not deleting this post.

I tell you what this is the cheapest, best therapy I have ever had. ALong with TONS of laughs.

It was very difficult, but I gave a co-worker an entire large bag of my Wasabi Peas and cashews. Only 10 bags to go. I swear, I went crazy buying that stuff. Now I have to hold my breath and look at the caloric value of dried banana chips. Scared.

Lisa, you truly are an inspiration. I am totally in awe of your success. Personally, more than one pint of ice cream is not out of the question on a really bad day, and it doesn't even taste good at the end. It's "just" my food addiction. The bag, the box, the whole thing. That's how I ate & would eat if I didn't have this band. I was unfilled for 12 days & I gained almost 5 lbs. So 8lbs. from 60? That's amazing! Thank you for this thread.

See, if y'all were horders, you could be happy with a cup of ice cream. Because ... I have ice cream in my freezer, and it's MINE, ALL MINE. I'm safe knowing it's there because I might need it. In fact, I am sure I'll need it. Maybe not tonight, but maybe tomorrow. I never can tell.

I am packing and getting ready to move my mother in law out of my house (yeah!) and then we will be moving in another month and I felt so very discouraged and depressed and etc, till I ran across so very old polaroids. SOme days I feel that I am still no where near healthy or skinnier or anything- that body dismophic thing! Well I really was surprised.

So Delarla- I will be proud with what I have accomplished and hope it continues and wear my big a$$ batwings like a badge of honor and keep plugging away. (Ok maybe it was the pms thing and the curse that all women have to want choclate, salt things and then gain a few) I guess I will be proud I am happy healthy and still kicking after almost a year.

Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time. Mark Twain.

This is the exact quote. Oh sure, it's my current sig, but my quote changes all the time :)