Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do they let you eat in the mushie stage? I will be there in 9 days. Yes, I am counting! lol This liquid stuff is for the birds. What type of Protein do you eat with the mushie stage? I know you can have eggs, and maybe some cottage cheese? Let me know I am just curious right now. I am not going to go eat or anything! :(

Angie

do a search for "mush" and you will be amazed at what you find. Be sure to check out the ethnic much food thread too for some yummy ideas.

Hey Angie...I chopped chicken in my magic bullet with a little bit of FF mayo. Cottage cheese, Unsweetened applesause, egg salad, I was able to get down some very soft mushed green Beans, yogurt, tuna in the MB again with a small amount of Mayo, grits, fresh cantaloupe, honey dew, watermelon...

I guess I have been very lucky. I haven't had much of any problems. I have been able to go to normal food more and more each day...Hang in there...and Good Luck. It is all worth it.

Cool, what is weird about that is hearing I can have some Egg Salad! So Yummy! :( And some GREEN BEANS! OMG! I think I am getting hungry! lol I have 8 more days left until I can have some mushies. I am so looking forward to it! :)

Bondgirl, the definition of "mushy" food is anything you can eat without chewing. So have at it! I discovered pates and spreads and had a grand old time. After two weeks of liquids it will seem like the most amazing banquet. :(

Cool, what is weird about that is hearing I can have some Egg Salad! So Yummy! :( And some GREEN BEANS! OMG! I think I am getting hungry! lol I have 8 more days left until I can have some mushies. I am so looking forward to it! :)

Bondgirl....wait wait wait!! You were banded on the 30th and you can have mushies in about one more week??? I was banded a week before you and still have the rest of this week and one more week until mushies. NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!!

:grumpy from all the liquids:

I was banded the same day as bondgirl, and I got to move to creamy Soups, applesauce, pudding and Jello today. My DH said that he "got me back today" after a cup of cream of mushroom Soup. I had been so liquid cranky.

They would not have moved me yet had I not talked to the dietician so she could visit with me about how I was doing - I would have had to wait another 3 days. I will be adding mushies the first part of next week. At first watered down, then slowly adding consistancy.

I will be adding mushies the first part of next week. At first watered down, then slowly adding consistancy.

WHAT?????? Oh man I am STEAMED!!! Wow, I have another week and a half, THEN creamy Soups for a week and THEN mushies. Wow. But I have a little secret, I have been blending cream of potato Soup and adding a ton of milk and having that anyway. I needed the comfort food aspect and I've handled it fine.

I'm BURNED I have to wait so long for mushies. I'm doing SO well right now I know I could handle mushies with no problem. :whine: I don't see my doc until July 20 either so I can't even complain to the doc.

Wow, that is a long while on liquids. I couldnt handle that. I am going stir crazy right now. I go to my Doctor tomorrow and then the nutritionist on the 14th. I will then learn what I can eat. I am just wanting something right now it isnt funny. I am tired of sugar free popsicles, boost shakes, Water, blah blah blah. It is on my nerves! :( I will survive, I will survive!

Soonergirl, I am too jealous of you! I am happy though you are able to have that so at least one of us arent going wacko!

TTYL< I am off to bed.

Goodnight all!

Angie

re: "comfort food aspect" get a grip here.... becoming healthier is much more comfort than anything we can possibly eat.....

While that's a very solid point...let's be honest here...being a human in this skin with all the insanity of the world, sometimes a little comfort is necessary. I think a meager half cup of potato Soup is a lot more positive than a lot of the alternatives........I read somewhere, probably on this board, that a lot of people who have bariatric surgery become alcoholics because they forgot to figure out how to comfort themselves without food...so they turn to alcohol. Truly an unhealthy path.